5.0 out of 5 stars Very good for the price
by Oxford Street
Price: 49.99 Dispatched from and sold by WMicroUK.
My 5-star review is based on value for money (about 50) given the specifications of the device.
With a UK supplier it arrived within a week.

A. Camera: As has been...
Published 5 months ago by ajr

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok phone
It's an ok phone but I don't find it very responsive as a touch phone then again it is a cheap phone
Published 3 months ago by Ellen Smith

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good for the price, 16 Nov 2013
This review is from: CUBOT GT72 4.0 Inch WVGA MTK6572 Dual Core 1.2GHz Dual SIM Smart Phone 2.0MP camera Android 4.2 OS GPS/WiFi-(White) (Electronics)
by Oxford Street
Price: 49.99 Dispatched from and sold by WMicroUK.
With a UK supplier it arrived within a week.

A. Camera: As has been said in other reviews it is only 2m pixels but that is sufficient for computer usage and diplay in the 800x400 screen. It gives good photos with 1600 x 1200 resolution.

B. Photo Viewing: One reviewer commented about problems with the portrait photos. I used Gallery installed on the machine and had no problem. Using the phone with the appropriate orientation always gives me a full screen. The gravity sensor does the job well. The colour resolution is also very reasonable. When viewing higher resolution photos taken with a 10m pixel camera there is little difference when viewed on the 800x480 screen.

C. RAM is limited to 256 Mb as stated. When I got mine I downloaded a number of APPS from Google and all of them worked well. It is necessary to use a microSD card for photographs. This can also be used to store APPS . The only limitation would be on a very large application in excess of 256 Mb.

D. MicroSD I was initially concerned that it might not take MicroSDHC cards having read reviews about compatibility of the MicroSDHC cards. I can now confirm that a 32 Gb MicroSDHC card works very well on the CUBOT. I purchased a SANDISK from AMAZON at 14.12(supplier and dispatcher) which does store 32gb. a 4 gb card would cost about 5.

E.GPS. Works well with GPS using onboard APP but is better with Google Maps and Tracks from Google.

F.The Phone and G2 network. The Phone can use an ordinary SIM but the G2 network needs a data SIM which can be used as a telephone as well. As it says in the Spec G3 and G4 cannot be accessed.

G. battery life is good but it is necessary to turn of resources when not required, (eg phone, network etc.) to get longest times.

H. Internet connection by Wi-Fi is good an provides normal browsing. Used with Google drive it shares data with your computer automatically.

I. The microUSB cable supplied has a longer plug than most devices. I agree with the reviewer who said that its use with the back cover on is not possible. My cable only works for charging and does not allow a USB connection to a computer. I have another with a shorter plug but this only works without the back cover due to its length. This is my only negative issue with the product but that is the cable not the phone. I am not quite sure what the back cover is for as it would be better to use it on the front to protect the screen. It was suggested to me that this was to stop the battery falling out if you dropped the phone!(Its not a good idea to drop it I am sure).

J. Uploading and downloading data to the computer. Provided that the USB connector is working I have had no problems in transferring data to and from the phone. The reason I bought this phone was that I wanted a cheap device with high resolution (800 x 480) using a recent version of the Android Operating System to develop and test APPS at that resolution. Again with the USB working there are no problems linking the phone to the computer using the 'development' mode.

Overall the product is good looking and is very good value giving most of the basic functions of expensive alternatives. at this price you cannot expect it to be as good as the more expensive ones. for that reason I give it 5 stars. I cannot yet of course comment on its reliability.

As one reviewer commented the documentation is very poor being only a 'quick start guide' showing (with some photos and text) how to install the battery etc. and get started with a few on board apps. It does not cover anything concerning the Android operating system and how to use the controls on screen. Anyone with little previous experience with touch screens would have difficulties in using it initially. My advice here is to ask someone who has a touch screen phone to show you. I have found that for myself, I have found some things difficult at first mainly because I don't know how to do something. Later it becomes second nature to do it.

This should not deter you from its purchase as I have found that you soon get the hang of it. At the price it is a good entry into smart phones.

I think it was a good buy for myself and strongly recommend it if you accept its limitations defined by its technical specifications.

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing value, 25 Sep 2013
I bought this phone just to use while I was waiting for a insurance claim to come through. I thought it would be better than a second hand used phone .I paid 50 for it and its amazing, good screen,good messaging including email and text .good connection.good sound quality , wi fi easy to connect, and reasonable build quality. camera is not wonderfull but what do you expect for 50.don't compare it with high end smart phones just remember its 50 quid new.
I've put a fews apps on it games and things and they seem to work quite well,you can even use a certain screen saver if you want to make it look more expensive.
I really thought that for the money it would not be as good as it is and when my insurance claim is paid I won't be in any particular hurry to get a new phone.I notice that the price has gone up now on certain sites.which is not supprising.
the only real down sde is its only 2g but but even that works ok slowish but ok.
all in all a very good phone for the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value smart phone, 25 Sep 2013
E. Palmer (UK) - See all my reviews
My first smart phone and seems well constructed and screen is nice and bright.
For 50 is great value, only 2G and cameras are not very good but did not expect anything better for this price
Build quality is far better than I expected.

4.0 out of 5 stars very good mobile, 17 Oct 2013
getting use to it now few problems at first but ok now will deal with you again thanks Gordon heap

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good phone but with some flaws, 20 April 2014
I am returning this phone because the headphone jack doesn't work. When I put my earphones and headphones in the music is all fuzzy. The music plays very well without headphones. The software side of this phone is very good and the hardware is quite good too. Most games run well apart from the heavy usage games like Simpsons tapped out. All the apps work fine like facebook, play store, snapchat ect. It's not the most powerful smartphone but does the job well for simple things like texting and calling. Front facing camera isn't good at all but the back camara is good if you have steady hands. I'm returning this and going for the cubot p6. Hopefully the headphone jack works. It comes with it's own charger and you can't use a samsung or blackberry charger.

Note: I haven't seen a review of this phone ware the headphone jack didn't work. Must be just my cubot.

If there is any questions regarding this phone drop a comment and I'll try to answer

4.0 out of 5 stars good buy, 8 April 2014
Purchased to replaced more expensive damaged smart phone. Product well made and works well, product 2G only but then was less than 50, on board memory pretty small, so bought SD card for a 5 and can load all music and photos etc. Camera is acceptable for quick snaps but does not have the resolution for better pictures.All in all though a sensible price and works straight out of the box on both wifi and service, plus looks as good as most makes costing twice as much.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Phone for the money, 26 Mar 2014
This phone runs on latest version of Android with no other operating system stuck on top like HTC or Samsung so it will update when Google update Android. It has 2 sim banks but you only need to fill one, The screen and peripherals all work well and so far it has proven a sturdy reliable product. If you want a good Android phone at a great price then this is for you. So impressed with it that I got the wife one as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars about right..., 28 Jan 2014
I expected no more no less in this price.... best alternate for sometime but cant replace a normal phone. Good deal.

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok phone, 18 Jan 2014

4.0 out of 5 stars good for the price, 29 Dec 2013
Really good smart phone at a cheap price. Camera is not great but expected for the price. would recommend it

ARRAY(0xfc7057c)