4.0 out of 5 stars Another great book from Amber Dane
this is another great book from Amber Dane. I'm a huge fan of her work, and the amount of research she does is evident. I'm a sucker for a good historical romance, with mean moody and flawed characters, and The Beast of Renald doesn't disappoint. You don't have to have read the other books to enjoy this - personally, I read Book 2 before Book 1.

Darc has...
Published 11 months ago by The McG

2.0 out of 5 stars Beast of Renald - slightly below average
I just finished this book and for last 20% (reading Kindle version) I could not wait for it to be over.. It was dragging on for ever...
The writer certainly developed since first book of the series, however there is still a way to go for the author.
Published 7 months ago by Jana

4.0 out of 5 stars Another great book from Amber Dane, 13 Aug 2013
This review is from: The Beast of Renald (The Northern Knights Book 3) (Kindle Edition)

Darc has been a loyal knight to William the Conqueror, and as a reward for slaying another of William's enemies, Lord Halvard, he has been rewarded with the lands of the traitor. However, with the lands comes a decree from William to marry Caroline, Halvard's widow. Caroline has a young son, and an inner strength that is entirely believeable. Despite the expected progression of our couple, with their ups and downs, there were a number of twists and turns, which really added to the story, and kept me reading until 3am.

What I noticed a lot more in this book was that it wasn't only the woman who was forced into marriage. Men had a lot more rights, but ultimately they were still under the control of the king. Marriages were not borne of love, and Dane provides quite a study on the giving and taking of trust and loyalty.

I can't wait for her next book.

5.0 out of 5 stars The beast of renald, 27 Aug 2013
A wonderful book full of of charm and romance loved this book could not put it down one to read

5.0 out of 5 stars A battle of wills, 11 Oct 2013
I really enjoyed this book ,which was the first by this author i have read.I have gone on to buy the other books in the Northern Knights series.It is not a slushy romance,the characters are strangers and thrown together against their will and a battle of wills ensues until both gain the respect and love they need,very good.If you enjoyed The Wolf And The Dove you will enjoy this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Full of drama!, 8 Sep 2013
Great book.Very emotional, dark melodrama..I thoroughly enjoyed it.I would definitely read another one of her books.AD has done and excellent job of evoking the times of medieval Britain.

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyed but with some reservations..., 23 Aug 2013
I thought this book was really good. Characters and the storyline were great with a lot of twists and unexpected happenings. However some of the sentence structure was quite strange and almost felt it was written by someone for whom English was not their first langauge. Then in the next instance, it would pick up and become a really fluid read. However this would not put me off reading Amber Dane again.

4.0 out of 5 stars A good read, 7 Sep 2013
Although very long this is quite a good read. Many longer novels usually have a few chapters that could be cut out n us readers usually skim over several pages but u will not do that with this novel . I have read 'Conquering the Dark Axe' an earlier novel in this series but only gave it 3 stars as I did not find it so compelling as this book. The only complaint is the fact the for several chapters the font size is all over the place, sometimes big n then next line small, it was quite distracting n the editor needs to correct it. On thewhole a good story but not 5 star quality .

5.0 out of 5 stars The Beast Of Renald .Amber Dane ., 2 Sep 2013
Looked forward greatly to a further book in this series and it was worth the wait . I loved it . My only hope is there will be more from this author to follow . I have read all her books and they are all keepers .

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 9 Aug 2013
Another very good book in the series I enjoyed reading it very much ,Darc was hopeless with women just like the other 2 in the series once I started reading I could not put it down it is such a good book like the other 2 that you can read again and again.
I shall be looking forward to any new one Amber Dane brings out.

4.0 out of 5 stars A good series., 22 May 2014
I have really enjoyed this series but out of the three this one for me was my least favourite. Not that it wasn't good but not as excellent as the other two.

2.0 out of 5 stars Beast of Renald - slightly below average, 7 Dec 2013
I found the book unnecessarily long in certain parts, lacking and not detailed enough in other parts. Dialogues were very unclear, often I didn't understand the emotions of characters reading the dialogue between them...
The story was readable. I read many authors and historical romance/novel are my favourite. There is still much to be desired with Amber Dane and I don't think I will be inclined to purchase other books from this author in future.