on 30 January 2014
Of all the music in Time and Space, this has to be in my mind the most beautiful moving piece of music ever written/conducted for any Tv programme. This was also sung live at the 2013 BBC - Doctor Who at the Proms at the RAH.

From Series 7 - Rings of Akhaten: This is the song sung by the young Queen of Years to help the Doctor tell his story to the Akhaten God, to fill his hunger for history.

The Doctor (Matt Smith) tells his Long Story (hence the song title) about his life and what he has seen and been through as the Doctor.

It does not matter how strong you think your emotions are and whether you're male or female, this WILL bring a tear or two to your eye. It does to me and I've watched this episode numerous times.
on 12 September 2013
Coming from an episode in which music is used as magic, it is fitting then that this piece is simply - magical. A piece of music that really reminds me what I love about music, and what at its best it can be: something that lifts the heart and changes the way we see the world. Thank you, Murray. Thank you very much.
on 4 January 2014
Found this after watching the TV series, a lovely moving track with plenty of emotions and is very up lifting.