If you're a keen cyclist like me you'll almost certainly have a mobile phone, and are concerned about keeping it safe and water-tight, but accessible when you're out and about. Ideally, like me, you'd like to be able to use the phone while on the bike - maybe to listen to music or use the built in SAT NAV.

Personally I've bought (and since sold on eBay) two...
Published 5 days ago by John Ryan

2.0 out of 5 stars DISAPPOINTED
Ok for mobile, keys etc but has a tendency to move on the bar and catch the inside of your knees. Should have known better and will stick to rear positioned bags in future.
Published 2 months ago by Peter Richardson

5.0 out of 5 stars Well designed, well built mobile phone bike case. It's permanently attached to my bike now!, 26 July 2014
John Ryan "One man and his Kat" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 10 REVIEWER)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)

Personally I've bought (and since sold on eBay) two hard cases to cover first my iPhone 4 and then an iPhone 5. The problem is, they're typically "tailored to fit", which means if you change your phone, you need to replace the case, and then find another.

That is, until now. Here's why....

What is it?
--------------
This Mobile Phone Bike Case from BTR is a fabric and semi-rigid plastic mobile phone bike case. Best of all, in addition to coming in three sizes (Small, Medium and Large), it's not a hard plastic "fitted" case, so unless you replace your phone with a MUCH larger or smaller one, it'll still be useful long into the future.

In short, it will fit any mobile up to a 5 inch screen (see below for a list).

What's it like?
----------------
In a word, fantastic!

The case is designed to sit on the cross-bar just behind the handle-bars (so not suitable for a woman's bike), and is incredibly well made from what appears to be excellent quality materials. The entire top of the case is secured by two zips (great touch!) which flop forward revealing a combination of padding, velcro and an elasticated strip inside. This holds your phone firmly but gently in place, and is secured by a thick velcro strap.

Once inside, the phone is clearly visible through the relatively tough transparent plastic case, and you can even control the touch-sensitive surface of the phone.

It has a semi-rigid base, and is attached to the bike with three extra long velcro straps, two around the cross-bar, the other around the handle-bar stem.

It has two compartments, the top one (with the plastic visible screen) for your phone, and the underside for keys, an allen key or energy bars etc.

As an additional extra, it comes with a supplied headphone extension cable which is passed through a water-resistant rubber grommet. Effectively, this means you can even listen to music on your mobile while keeping the phone secure and dry. Furthermore, in the event (like me) you fall off while mountain biking, your phone won't be damaged unless it takes a direct hit (which in that position on the bike is highly unlikely).

I tested it on both a Specialized Comp XC mountain bike, and a Trek 1.2 lightweight road racer.

While it fitted perfectly (with velcro to spare) on the road racer, my mountain bike has a particularly chunky design around the frame, and the third velcro strap around the handlebar stem wasn't long enough. Having said that, I took it out for two hours last weekend on a teeth-rattling off-road session with just the two straps attached, and it didn't budge an inch.

What phone will it work with?
-------------------------------------
Ironically, my only real criticism of this bag is not the bag itself but the information supplied. I think you need to know EXACTLY what phones it will work with so you can buy with confidence. I personally tested it with a number of phones, in addition to looking at what other reviewers have already said, and the list (for the SMALL case), so far includes:-

Small Size:
-----------
* iPhone 3G and 3GS
* iPhone 4G and 4GS
* iphone 5
* iPhone 5S
* Google Nexus 5 (a close fit - but fine)
* Moto G

* Samsung Galaxy S4
* HTC One M7

Large Size:
-----------
All the medium size phones plus "phablets" including:-

* Samsung Galaxy Note 2
* Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Is it waterproof?
-----------------------
Personally, I'd not cycle off the end of a pier to find out - although if I did, my smartphone would be the last thing I'd worry about.

What I can say, is it's clearly been well designed with water-resistant nylon fabric, and tough plastic material. Looking through the existing 50 reviews, I'd say most people agreed with me, it was "water resistant". One reviewer helpfully indicated it'd be fine in light drizzle, but when he took it out in an absolute down-pour, there was a tiny bit of moisture inside the bag - but not enough to risk the phone.

Like other reviewers, I did a "hose-pipe" test, and a piece of kitchen paper inside was still dry after a few minutes soaking.

Just apply some common sense.

What's Good about it?
----------------------
* Water-resistent fabric which should keep your phone and valuables safe and dry
* Three velcro straps held the bag firmly in place despite a huge off-road bone-rattling ride
* Well designed and excellent build quality - you can navigate using the built in bike GPS and have the phone in front of you
* The addition of the headphone cable extension is a brilliant feature!

What's not so good?
----------------------------
* I found the (rather unusual) frame design of my Specialized Comp XC mountain bike meant I could only attached two of the three velcro straps. Having said that, it held the bag firmly in place - so more an observation for improvement rather than a criticism.
* It doesn't make tea!

Otherwise I love it!

Conclusion
------------
This is a well well thought out and well designed mobile phone bike case at an incredible price. The fact it fits a huge range of phones (meaning it'll be useful when you upgrade yours) is a huge bonus.

Highly Recommended.

Disclosure: I was kindly sent this by the manufacturer to give an independent unbiased review. Having said that, it's a pleasure to test products so well made.

5.0 out of 5 stars Uber useful!, 15 July 2014
Paul Madge (Uk) - See all my reviews
I was sent this BTR Mobile Phone Pannier Bag (small version) for review and have been testing it for several days now on my Dawes Touring Bike.

Few products have struck such a chord with me as this one - it is just so useful. I don't know why I didn't get a bike bag like this before! This BTR bag is nicely made with a semi-rigid underside and there are three adjustable Velcro straps which keep it firmly on your bike - two around the crossbar and one round the stem. The outside of the bag is well finished and features reflective grey striping and a rubber grommet to pass the supplied headset connector lead through. A nice touch is that the zip can be opened from either direction thanks to two zippers. The transparent upper surface enables you to clearly see your mobile phone - I tested it with a Moto G and Nokia Lumia 520 and both fitted well, plus, there's room to spare for larger phones. Inside, the phone pocket has a taut backing to hold the phone firmly plus the clear outer cover still allows you to operate the touchscreen. The rest of the bag provides a capacious pocket to keep keys, snacks, bike bits etc. I found even with a bit of rough riding the bag remains firmly in place.

Because of the good weather, I had to test the water resistance of this BTR bag using a hose and it seems pretty good withstanding greater pressure than an average rainstorm that will expose it to. I would feel confident about the well being of my phone in a rainstorm.

In my opinion, this BTR bag is real hit because of its practical design, quality of manufacturer and sheer value for money. We will be ordering another for my girlfriend soon. Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Practical, functional and well made, 25 July 2014
SM (England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)
This BTR bike frame storage bag / mobile phone holder comes in three different sizes - small, medium and large. I have tested all three.

The function of the different sizes of bag are identical - it is simply a matter of deciding which size bag is most appropriate to your needs. For example, what you want to store and how big your phone is!

These bags are absolutely fab for people who take their phones out with them for training purposes such as to subsequently use Strava to measure distances and routes and speeds.

Attaching the bags to the bike is a really simple process, by way of velcro straps. There are two straps to go around the frame / crossbar and one to go around the stem. I found on my road bike, that these went around easily and with no problems. They didn't come undone once I had put them on - the bag stayed put!

The bag has two compartments. One section on the top for a telephone and then a storage section underneath. The bag feels padded and gives confidence that your phone is as well protected as it's going to be! The section of the bag for the telephone has a clear top and the touch screen can still be used through this layer - which is really handy. The storage section underneath provides space for a puncture repair kit, inner tube and tool kit - the pump will have to be stored somewhere else.

I have been out in the rain with these bags, and no water has penetrated through the bag. The contents have stayed dry, and I am therefore reasonably confident that my phone will not die from water saturation in a storm.

Do measure up your phone and choose the most appropriate bag before purchasing. All three sizes of the bag are really well made and practical. I would recommend each of them equally.

I was sent this product to test and to honestly review.

Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!! It does what it says!, 24 Jun 2014
I got the small one, my iphone 5 fits perfectly in the top section, and the pocket part is large enough for a small tube of suncream, purse and keys. Sturdy, well made - with three velcro straps to attach it to your bike. Would highly recommend!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Nicely made useful cycle bag, 12 July 2014
Mr Baz - See all my reviews
(#1 REVIEWER)    (No. 1 Hall OF FAME REVIEWER)
Note the maker sent me a review sample, no attempt was made to influence my review

This mid sized bag fits onto the frame and lower handle bar section via Velcro straps 2 on the bottom part and one at the front. Fitting was secure and easy on my mountain bike.

There is a clear section on the top which is about 14cm diagonal size wise (around 5 and half inches) to house a smart phone (or indeed any other kind of phone) Open the top part with the double zip, you have more Velcro for holding the phone in place and an elasticated section to help keep it in place. Inside there is a 3.5mm extender cable so you can hook up headphone or a headset, push it through the 4 section rubber grommet part and you're good to go.

The bag is nicely made with some padding on the bottom and sides, with an L shape harder section to resist wearing and to offer some water protection. There is enough space in here to hold a few bits like a torch, keys etc or even a snack bar. Stitching is good as are the materials used everything feels well put together. There is a slight angle on the bag to help phone visibility, which will vary depending on the phone screen quality but it worked fine on the units I tried it with.

Overall a nice little bag a simple but effective product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great handlebar/phone bag, 11 July 2014
KM (Liverpool) - See all my reviews
(No. 1 Hall OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 10 REVIEWER)
BTR have kindly sent me quite a few different biking items to test out and review and this is one of them . . .

This is the medium sized handlebar/phone bag which attaches easily to your bike via three velcro straps which hold it in place well.

The bag as ever with the last few BTR bags I have checked out seem well made from water reistant nylon. It has two compartments, one being a phone holder a hard shell like bottom and front forward facing side to it. The two inner side walls are padded affording some protection for the contents. The front panel that takes your mobile phone has a clear plastic window which is capacitive and enables you to still use your touch screen phone which is brilliant!

The dimensions of this bag are - main compartment 6 x 3 inches and phone compartment 5 x 3 inches.

The underside of your mobile is protected from the contents of this bag by two thick padded sections which also velcro your phone in safely and securely.

In use this is a really good bag which gives you full access to your smart phone and therefore built in sat nav.

What can you get in this bag? - puncture outfit, spare innertube and tyre levers at a squeeze. I know for certain I could get a roast pork and stuffing sandwich in here and my housekeys.

Nice little bag, recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars Front velcro top tube strap does not fit mountain bike frame, 22 July 2014
Size - Small
Iphone 5
Biek - Specialised Rockhopper '14 Small

The product has one compartment and the phone is secured to the see-through front using a velcro strap "pocket". You can easily unlock your phone and use the touch screen to access any riding apps whilst riding.

The structure of the pannier itself is semi rigid, strong enough to support a press of the home screen button on an iPhone and access any apps even when empty.

It loses one star because the front bottom top tube velcro strap can not make its way around the mountain bike frame. The very front stem attachment and back strap are fine though.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good. Just one thing i didn't like..., 9 April 2014
This review is from: BTR Water Resistant Bike Frame Storage Pannier Bag & Mobile Phone Holder (Misc.)
.The materials seems very good in hand, has a large compartiment useful to save the tools for the bike, documents, keys from your house, etc.
.Has 3 straps to ensure that it doesn't fall from the bike.
.It came with a jack audio (3.5mm) extension.
.I can work perfectly with my HTC One (M7) when it it inside the BTR.
I didn't try it on the rain but supposedly this is water resistant.

The only thing i didn't like, is the fact taht when you are using your smartphone inside of the BTR, you can't reach the power button (at least with big smartphones/HTC One M7)

5.0 out of 5 stars Over all I am happy with the bag and would recommend, 27 July 2014
P. Beech (Luton, England) - See all my reviews
I purchased this item to use with my off road mountain bike. The bag is secured to the bike frame with thee velco straps, which do hold the bag reasonable secure, although there is some movement of the bag over time. I use the bag to store my phone, keys and a multi tool. I have not used the bag in wet weather conditions so will not comment on the water resistance.

Over all I am happy with the bag and would recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very useful bike bag, 15 July 2014
Really like this bag - it stays in place perfectly and is ideal for nutrition bars and phone that need to be more accessible. I don't know if it's because of my phone (Galaxy S4) or the bag itself, but I can't see the phone screen for navigating when it's in the phone holder, which is pretty annoying given that that's the main reason I got the bag, but I still find the bag really useful so would probably have bought it anyway.
NB: I also use a wedge bag for tools, pump etc. as I think it would be too tight a squeeze to get everything in.