5.0 out of 5 stars Heartwarming
I too saw this movie at the cinema. I was moved to tears by the fans love and loyalty to Bruce. I was so proud to be a Springsteen fan and to realise that many other people feel the way I do about him I can't wait to see it again and show my children I'm not the only nutter in the world. Maybe they will understand why I'm a Fan.
Published 12 months ago by Bunty

3.0 out of 5 stars Obsessed fans only.
Being a big Broooooce fan I bought this based on the live footage not the main documentary. I do not really want to hear other fans waxing on about their collection and the number of shows they have seen or how listening to Bruce has changed their lives. I want to see the man himself and the rare footage that is scattered through the fans talk. It is not something I will...
Published 1 month ago by Mr grumpy

5.0 out of 5 stars Heartwarming, 22 Aug 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Springsteen & I, 12 Jan 2014
This review is from: Springsteen & I [DVD] [2013] [NTSC] (DVD)
This was a Christmas present for my Dad and he absolutely loved it! Would highly recommend to anyone who likes his music.

5.0 out of 5 stars Springsteen and I, 26 Jan 2014
This review is from: Springsteen & I [DVD] [2013] [NTSC] (DVD)
If you're a Springsteen follower, you'll see a part of yourself in just about all of the interviews here.
Springsteen concerts are not just rock gigs, but a gathering of the faithful. (And you'll have probably seen the DVD by now anyhow.)
If this makes no sense to you, it'll just take too long to explain.

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable and informative DVD, 25 Jan 2014
June Doll "June" (Scotland) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Springsteen & I [DVD] [2013] [NTSC] (DVD)
I don't imagine for a second that anyone except a die hard Springsteen fan would buy this, so I imagine that it will have mostly great reviews! I really enjoyed it. It was humorous at times and sometimes moving. We had videos and comments mainly from American fans (as expected) but also from fans all over the world. It made me feel, that as a Springsteen fan, I was part of a huge, world-wide community. I was also quite surprised by how many of the fans were young, which is great. Its nice to know that there is a whole new generation of fans out there. There was also footage from various concerts, some recent, some long ago, which were great and which were new to me. This really was a film made by fans, for fans. It had an innocence to it which was quite charming. Altogether I really enjoyed it and I recommend it to all Springsteen fans.

4.0 out of 5 stars Springsteen...Can't beat it!, 14 Jan 2014
This review is from: Springsteen & I [DVD] [2013] [NTSC] (DVD)
My husband is a huge Springsteen fan, so I pre-ordered this for him for Christmas. We have listened to it several times now and we love it. Another reason to love Springsteen! He is always awesome.

5.0 out of 5 stars Must see for a Springsteen fan!, 14 Aug 2013
This review is from: Springsteen & I [DVD] [2013] [NTSC] (DVD)
I saw Springsteen & I in the theater and walked away smiling. The documentary highlights fans from all walks of life telling their Springsteen story and how his music affected them. I sat in the theater and laughed and sang along with the other fans and at the end, clapped with them too. There are heartwarming stories, concert scenes, interviews and a few surprises I won't divulge here. It's a must-see for the Springsteen fan.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful...!!, 5 Nov 2013
This review is from: Springsteen & I [DVD] [2013] [NTSC] (DVD)
Let's face it, if you ain't a fan of the Boss, you're probably unlikely to invest in this brilliant little film. In which case, you're missing something very special. It's hard not to be carried along, not only by the sheer energy of the man himself but by the fans' obvious appreciation of an artist at the very top of his game.

What's unexpected is how funny the film is. The 'Elvis' footage is priceless as are the comments from one English fan who could've have been lifted straight from an Ardman 'Creature Comforts' video.

Some of the inclusions are also surprisingly moving. The excerpts of Bruce performing through the years are terrific and The Hyde Park footage, which some prospective purchasers were worried might not be included, is there in all its glory. I was lucky enough to have been at Hyde Park and to relive that acoustic version of Thunder Road through a home cinema system just made the heart soar.

If ever you're feeling down, just watch this and marvel. Better than any therapy, I can tell you.

Above it all though, The Boss just shines through. I don't know of any other major rock star who has such a close affinity with his fans. He just comes across as a thoroughly decent bloke who's never lost sight of his roots, and the fans love him for it.

Can you imagine Bono or Jagger stopping to busk for 15 minutes with a street musician..? Not a chance...

Roll on his next UK tour...

5.0 out of 5 stars Why we love Bruce, 13 Oct 2013
This review is from: Springsteen & I [DVD] [2013] [NTSC] (DVD)
This is the question that the makers of this doc about Bruce Springsteen are seeking to ask. And they've had a pretty good bash at it!! It's a good mixture of different types of his fans with differing levels of devotion and obsession!! I'm a massive fan of Bruce and have been since The River (My first Bruce concert was at Wembley Arena on The River tour and it was the only album I ended up getting on vinyl, cassette and CD).I really enjoyed seeing this at the cinema (though it was disappointing how few people there were there) especially the recent live footage at the end. Even my super gorgeous girlfriend liked 'old' Bruce. Result!!

5.0 out of 5 stars You HAVE to buy this!, 9 Aug 2014
Nancy "expat" (Brussels, Belgium) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Springsteen & I [DVD] [2013] [NTSC] (DVD)
I saw this at the movies. Couldn't wait to order it for home. This a must for Springsteen fans, and even if you aren't one, you might just become one after the movie. It is a very touching documentary- a real tribute to The Boss. His kindness and humility shine through. The surprise at the end is the same as in the movie. Also the bonuses are very impressive.
Great buy!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic DVD, love it!, 2 July 2014
This review is from: Springsteen & I [DVD] [2013] [NTSC] (DVD)
Such a great DVD, takes you on an emotional journey and you re-live those moments if you've been lucky enough to see The Boss, a must have for any Springsteen fan!

Springsteen & I [DVD] [2013] [NTSC]
Springsteen & I [DVD] [2013] [NTSC] by Bruce Springsteen (DVD - 2013)
12.37