4.0 out of 5 stars Works fine
Bought for my son's S3 and it slots in easily on top of the battery. Minus one star for no instructions, but I knew the how/why/where anyway so it didn't really matter to me, but others might need a bit more information. Seems to charge well on a couple of Qi pads we have so no problems so far.
Published on 27 May 2013 by Andrew King

1.0 out of 5 stars You get what you pay for
It says it supports all these resolutions. It does not. I could only manage 800 x 600. Absolute rubbish. I bought one for an extra £20 and it works great.

The software is a nightmare to remove too. If you cannot uninstall because it has imbedded dll files everywhere, you need to do a system restore prior to installing this software. Hope this helps anyone.
Published 9 months ago by HonestBuyer

4.0 out of 5 stars Works fine, 27 May 2013
Andrew King "AKA" (Nairn, Scotland) - See all my reviews

1.0 out of 5 stars You get what you pay for, 26 Sept. 2014

2.0 out of 5 stars screen resolution 1920 x 1080 did not work, 7 Jan. 2014
product arrived promptly however the mini-dvd that contained the driver was unaccessible. contacted victsing tech support who were responsive,helpful and provided the driver by return email.
I loaded the driver however after setting the display resolution to 1920 x 1080 all that was displayed on my 23" monitor was flickering 3cm of a screen display at the top. Would only work if resolution was set for 800x600.
I also tried another monitor type as well, same result.
PLEASE NOTE: if you buy this for USB 2 only 800x600 resolution is possible. my USB ports are usb 3.

decided just to return the product after this.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works OK but slight hiccup on 64bit Windows7 with older monitor, 29 Dec. 2014
Alan Johnston (UK) - See all my reviews
The adapter comes with a mini CD which contains an EXE with the driver software (windows only).
It installs version 1.1.216.0 of the Fresco Logic USB VGA Display Driver.
The driver software seems to have both 32bit and 64bit drivers available.

I first tested the adapter on my desktop PC running Windows7 pro SP1 64 bit.
When plugged into a USB 2 port, the screen resolution is fixed at 800x600.
When plugged into a USB 3 port, the screen resolution can be changed.

I was testing with an iiyama LCD monitor which has a max resolution of 1680x1050 but the adapter would only work reliably up to 1440x900 (using the Microsoft generic PnP monitor driver).
I tried to install an iiyama driver but Windows was having none of it (there wasn't a 64 bit driver available).
So maybe that was an issue.

On the Fresco website, there was a driver version 1.1.295.0 which I tried but the adapter just didn't work at all with this.

I then tried the adapter on my laptop (Windows7 Enterprise 32 bit) with the supplied 1.1.216 driver.
When plugged into a USB3 port, the iiyama worked perfectly at 1680x1050. :)
So perhaps it is a 32/64 bit issue?

update: Jun 2015
It would seem that the quality of your USB3 port plays a part. If you get a flickering top couple of inches of screen when trying higher resolutions but it is OK at lower resolutions, it could be the USB3 port bandwidth is not sufficient. I have come across this a few times since buying my USB3-VGA adapter. PCIe USB3 add on cards seem to be prone to this. Also USB3 ports where there are other heavy data use devices on the same USB3 controller (like another USB3-VGA adapter or HDD).

5.0 out of 5 stars You could easily have split the screen into tiles, 12 May 2015
Works a treat in Windows, even over USB 2.0 it's enough to display a PDF on another screen - which really opens up what you can do on the other two!

It does flicker if you're either doing a lot of USB activity or heavy computing.

If I were designing this, I would do away with the colour compression system and simply have it update the changed pixels. And then all of them which haven't been update in a while during non-peak times update all of the others, You could easily have split the screen into tiles. Then all you would need is a graphics chip (like the Mali 400) and replace bits of the screen that change. I bet with some effort, you could produce something for about £5 (large scale manufacturing) which does a better job... After all, a Raspberry Pi isn't far off and that comes with a lot more than you need to emulate a display! My solution would also not flicker as the chip would persist even if it didn't receive an update. A massively wasted opportunity there,

But of course I have to work full time rather than work on fun things like that!

1.0 out of 5 stars Watch out if USB2.0, 6 Mar. 2015
The product description says that it is compatible with USB2.0, which it is. However it should clearly state that if you are using USB2.0 then the maximum resolution is 600x800, which for most people is totally unusable with modern day screen sizes. This information is only found when going through the support are of the product website. Unless you have USB3 then DO NOT PURCHASE.

2.0 out of 5 stars it would be good for a hd projector or something like that but ..., 25 Oct. 2014
It was alright, it would be good for a hd projector or something like that but to use for a constant monitor, no very good at all, i brought this hoping i could then have to monitors with a laptop, which i could but on the monitor using the adapter it was delayed, the mouse was lagging and pausing, it just wasn't what i hoped but alright for the price i suppose

1.0 out of 5 stars Only works at 800x600 with USB2, problems with USB3 too., 12 Dec. 2014
Would have been nice if it was displayed that it only works at 800x600 in a USB 2 port. I even plugged a Startech USB 3 (PEXUSB3S2) controller card into the PC but still only got a flickering bar at the top of the display when connected to the USB 3 port.

Thankfully Amazon's returns process was really simple to use.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good hardware, a bad driver CD lets it down, download the drivers!, 27 Oct. 2014
Worked out of the box on windows 8, However, on windows 7 the experience was not amazing. The included driver CD is not correctly mastered and installing those drivers will cause you issues.

However as many other users have posted in the comments there are some updated drivers available for download which do work.

5.0 out of 5 stars It just works, 9 April 2014
Peter Chilcott "PeterC" (Gosport, UK) - See all my reviews
The micro USB on my 18 month old S3 won't allow charging anymore so rather than going for a repair I opted for this. Slipped it into place, put the phone on the charger and away we go. So simple, so quick to set up. I'll live with the short charge time as this is where my phone is going to live until the next Nexus comes out