TOP 50 REVIEWERon 13 October 2013
I was kindly supplied this item free of charge to test and evaluate. In exchange, I agreed to provide an honest review detailing my thoughts. This is said review.

These Anker screen protectors are great.

Very easy to apply with clear instructions as to the process.

For those that are new to the world of screen protectors, these are like many others, using the two-step method of application. There is a thin piece of plastic covering each side of the protector. These are numbered. Peel off number 1, apply protector to screen, smooth out bubbles etc and peel off number 2. Simple.

This task is made even simpler with the addition of a micro-fibre cloth, dust removal sticker (that works brilliantly), and a bubble removal card.

If you own a Nexus 7, this small outlay is well worth the protection provided.

Would I recommend this product to a friend? Yes

✓ Easy to apply
✓ Clear instructions
✓ Perfect size
✓ Multiple included handy accessories
✓ Correct price point for the protection provided

✗ None

I hope you found this review helpful. If you have any questions regarding this product, feel free to leave comments down below - I'm happy to help...
on 27 March 2014
As with any tablet screen protector, it can be niggly to fit, but if you take your time and fit it in a steamy room (after a shower, like I did) then it'll look like it's not there.... only the necessary camera cutout gives any indication that it's there at all on mine. A perfect fit and brilliant quality.
55 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 30 September 2013
Very nice screen protector, quite easy to apply, lessens the amount of smudges, it is a bit grippy but one can get used to it after a while. Highly recommended
on 19 September 2013
I received these protectors to test under the Anker power user program, to protect my new Nexus 7, having previously tried their matte protectors (see separate review).

Similarly, these come very well packaged with 2 layers of protective card, in addition to Amazon's customary sturdy packaging. Unlike low-quality, no-brand films, these come with a comprehensive set of instructions, a full size microfiber cloth (not the usual postage stamp size) and a dust removal sticker for those stubborn specks which remain through static electricity. There is also the usual bubble-removal card.

The films are simplicity itself to apply, and I managed to get a very acceptable finish in short period of time, without the repositioning saga which you sometimes get with low quality products. I cannot detect any change in screen sensitivity with the film applied.

Having made a significant investment in a tablet, it pays not to scrimp on screen protectors, and these offer excellent value at the price offered.
on 5 November 2013
The Anker Screen Protector for Google New Nexus 7 FHD 2nd Gen Nexus 2 7.0" comes in retail packaging which includes: The screen protector, Customer service information card, Microfiber cleaning cloth, Dust removal sticker, Bubble remover card, and an Instructional booklet.

The product's measurements are precise and very exacting to ensure a proper fit to your device which, when installed properly, is a very tight and conforming fit providing maximum screen protection. The weight of the plastic is negligible and doesn't add to the bulk, heft, or dimensions of tablet in any way that would obstruct, or hinder its use. The finish of the PET material is glossy and luxurious, it's like looking through a second layer of glass.

Installation is a breeze, and unlike other applications which may be "wet", this one can be applied directly to the screen without the necessary screen cleaners the wet products use. With the Anker Ultra Clear Protector all you need to do is ensure the tablet's screen is clean, dry and free of lint, dust, hair and other particulate matter before you apply it to the screen. Once the screen is cleaned to your requirements simply partially peel "Step 1" of the plastic protector covering the screen protector itself. (I should note here that whenever I install these kinds of products I wash my hands thoroughly and I keep a small bowl of water near me to dip my fingertips into before applying the applique. This helps to ensure the adhesive side of the screen protector doesn't pick up any dirt, or other matter from my fingers when I install it.) Once you have peeled a partial bit of the protective layer line it up as exact as you're able to and begin the process of removing the rest of the covering on the screen protector as you work your way across the entire screen. Once installed you'll likely have a few air bubbles, don't worry! You can easily lift and reapply the screen protector, or use the supplied bubble remover card (or a credit card) as a way to help eliminate the bubbles. (Please note, not all bubbles will go away immediately, it may take a day or two for some of the bubbles near the edges to fully dissipate.)

Once you have your Anker Screen Protector installed your device is protected and ready for action! The matte finish of the PET material really is very clear while it is protecting your device from the evil dust particles and dirty fingers that want to probe and manipulate your device. With the Anker Screen Protector installed you no longer have to worry about such things and can easily wipe it clean with a microfiber cloth to keep that clean and clear appearance from dulling. Not to mention the peace of mind you'll have from the high quality protection your device's screen now has thanks to the Anker Screen Protector.

Ideally this product is great for anyone who doesn't want to spend $30-50 on a wet-style screen protector. While each style has its advantages, you have the added benefit of being able to do this yourself and not needing to leave it with a stranger while they install the wet-cover for you. Anyone who uses the Anker Screen Protector will benefit from its protective qualities and hassle-free installation. Anker is fast becoming a trusted household name in our home!

Overall impression:
1. Function: 5 stars
2. Design: 5 stars
3. Ease of Use: 5 stars
4. Durability: 5 stars
5. Price: 5 stars
This product scores 5 out of 5 stars in my book.

I was provided a free sample from the good folks at Anker for a fair, honest and unbiased review of their product.
on 4 November 2014
Firstly, don't you think it's a little suspicious that you are provided with two screen protectors instead of the (assumed) one that should last you the entire lifespan of your device? For my first attempt I carefully cleaned the display of dust (although it was a new device OOTB) using the frankly rubbish "lint-free" cloth - which seemed to deposit more dust/fluff than it cleared, but managed to resolve this small caveat using the thoughtful dust-removal sticker (just a sticker really). When I was happy with the lack of dust, I lined up the screen protector with the display and it went on without any bubbles (albeit slightly wonky), success! Finally I went to peel off the second layer and the protector came off with it. Irritating to say the least..

At this point I decided to let the dust settle for a couple of hours (if you pardon the pun) and decided to come back to it later. This time I repeated my initial cleaning process as I had done before. However, although the screen was dust free to the naked eye it did not appear so once I had fitted the second screen protector. As a result there were a number of aggravating bubbles near the bottom of the display and miniscule pieces of dust. Although annoying, I decided I could live with these as long as I had the screen protector fitted. When I started using the device however, I noticed the sensitivity of the display had drastically decreased. Where the keyboard required but a delicate touch beforehand, now I practically have to use a hammer-like jab to get it to register my input.

With these turn of events, I have disappointedly had to remove the screen protector from my device. I have been very impressed with previous Anker products (notably their portable charging devices) but these screen protectors are frankly useless. Unless you are attempting to fit one of these in a dust free environment I would not recommend it. I have decided to invest in one of the brilliant AmazonBasics 7-inch black sleeves (at the current price of £4.99) for transportational use and recommend you do the same. Although it would've been nice to have had the screen protection as well, sacrificing screen usability is simply not an option when using a touch screen device.
on 8 January 2014
I use screen protectors for all my devices as I find the cost of having one small as opposed to ruining a perfectly good screen.

I've tried quite a few in the past from Zagg, MediaDevil and various other companies, however I decided to go with Anker this time round as the price point was good and I've recently made a few other purchases from them all of which were of solid quality.

I got this one right first time mostly down to the addition of the sticker included which was really helpful. The sizing is very precise and matches up to the screen dimensions with no noticable margin around the edge.

I removed and re-applied the protector a few times to align it which is usually where it would mess up if it was going to. The sticker came into play here quite a bit to remove little bits of dust.

Look and feel:
Once the screen protector was one the feel initially is a little grippy which is normal but after a bit of use it feels exactly the same as the glass underneath.

The only way you can tell that the screen protector is even applied is around the camera lens and light sensors (cut out) and even then its only in certain light and doesn't have any negative impact on the screen.

Very happy, my nexus 7 is now fully protected against scratches and you can't even tell!
on 4 June 2014
- Relatively thick can stand some punishment it seems. Among the thicker ones of screen protectors I used thus far.
- Very accurate fit all the way to the edges of the screen and with well placed cut out for the front camera.
- Very good application kit to ensure bubble and dust spec free application as long as you are a bit handy and have some patience.
- Very clear, no obvious loss of screen clarity which is important for me as I choose the Nexus 7 2013 specifically for photo (re)viewing during photoshoots on location.

- During initial use in the first hours after having put the protector on the screen I noticed irritatingly much friction making any swiping over the screen unpleasant and somewhat tricky. This effect reduced significantly after a day and after several days use it now feels reasonably ok and not as a hindrance any more.
- I noticed a certain occasional reduction in screen responsiveness to swiping and tapping. I haven't managed to identify too what extent this is due to the screenprotector or a flaw in the Nexus itself that only surfaced over time or a combination.
on 18 January 2015
While over the course of a few days it did improve a little, I've just removed the screen protector and binned it: the touch sensitivity of the tablet was so poor with it on that it was becoming rather frustrating to use.

I followed the clear instructions (though making use of the "hinge method " to apply the protector), preparing the tablet before removing he back protective layer, before applying it to the screen and then peeling off the front protective layer to just leave the screen protector in place. After initially applying it I noticed problems with the touch screen, but thought I should give it a few days and perhaps the odd firm polish with a link free cloth to help it bed down. It did improve a little, but not to the point where the touch screen was really useable.

Peeling off the protector it does seem rather thick and perhaps that's the issue. Even as I type and make corrections to this review without the protector the contrast is signficant. So only two stars and perhaps that is being a bit generous.
on 1 April 2014
I had read the earlier reviews and so read the instructions carefully. I still found that one short edge of the protector did not stick down and it flaps somewhat in the breeze. There are also some air-bubbles which I have been unable to remove. Nevertheless, it is doing its basic job, which is to protect the screen. i still have the second sheet which came with the pack, but am saving it until the breeze flapping becomes intolerable - which I fear may not be too long.

When this review was posted, Anker contacted me and sent me a replacement kit - very courteous. I had another go, with a better result, but still was unable to get the film sealed all the way round. The problem seemed to be at the edge with the "stage 1" sticker. I found I had to start at the other end in order to get the hole lined up with the tablet's lens and then the last part of the film was reluctant to stay sealed. Still full marks to Anker to trying to get customer satisfaction!