5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic album, 25 Jan 2014
Chris Ladd (Cheshire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: I Feel Like I'm Fixin' To Die (Audio CD)
I wanted a CD copy of the original vinyl copy I already have and I have not been disappointed the quality and reproduction is excellent.

5.0 out of 5 stars superbilicious, 8 Dec 2013
This review is from: I Feel Like I'm Fixin' To Die (Audio CD)
turn on tune in and drop out best heard with help from Mr Owsley... and or a huge spliff... peace and love

5.0 out of 5 stars Still contemporary in our digital age, 26 Nov 2013
Sheer hippy and sublimely melodic I am buying my 26 year old son a copy.
It exudes melody and atmosphere of its own.

The first tack is the upbeat anti Vietnam rant. Superb in its own right and a masterpiece. However the rest of the album is a far cry from this. I cannot describe music-who can? Melodic, enchanting, imaginative and unique. Many an emotional evening both in the past and recently, have I had enjoying this...

However I am musical, artistic and this is a unique piece of music and I would....bla bla.....
Buy it.

4.0 out of 5 stars fixin' to die, 27 April 2013
J. M. Tuck (chesterfield uk) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
To be absolutely honest i only bought it to have the brilliant "Fixin' to Die" track on CD. The bulk of the other tracks are a little too far out for me. I'm sure the true Country Joe fans will love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars War and Peace, 8 July 2008
Hrorvendel (Copenhagen, DK) - See all my reviews
Best psychedelic album ever made? I'd rather say, it's the best psychedelic concept album ever made, the concept being the interplay between war, peace, love and mind-expanding. Superbly, the opening Anti War Theme is followed by a question: Who Am I? Gradually, if the listener started out in anger and frustration over the Vietnam War, he and she will soon be led to other less grim perspectives. So if psychedelic albums are meant to guide the listener's mood in logic and aesthetic progression, this is the best, and the most positive, although Sgt. Pepper is also quite good in this respect.

4.0 out of 5 stars AgEiNg HiPpiEs - yoU nEed ThiS AlbUm - it FiLLs a vOid, 7 Aug 2007
My only experience of the Fish in the 60's was their Woodstock performance - a good set amongst a host of good sets, so largely overlooked. They and their music didn't generally cross the Atlantic. I got this and Electric Music for Mind & Body at about the same time and both are equally good but Fixin' to Die is the only one still available on Amazon so here's the review. I found both a great trip back in the past, echoing Jefferson, The Doors, Tim Buckley, Syd's Floydd, Big Bro et al.
It is a perfect example of the genre and all you hippy trippers need to get a copy. All good stuff but I particularly like Janis, Eastern Jam, Pat's Song and Magoo. All psychedelic anthems that were new and fresh to me (both CDs). One thing fixing to Die has that Electric Music misses is some sleeve notes, not the best but there is none on Electric Music. Naustagia at its best, even if (like me) you didn't hear it first time around.

ARRAY(0xbccd3da4)

I Feel Like I'm Fixin' To Die
I Feel Like I'm Fixin' To Die by Country Joe & The Fish (Audio CD - 2013)