5.0 out of 5 stars Good advice for authors
Published 11 months ago by Dianne Trimble

3.0 out of 5 stars Some good tips
Lots of great information , but I found quite a bit of it hard to carry out.
Published 17 days ago by Ruth Welsby

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful !, 22 Nov 2013
Sm Cresswell "writerpsych" (England Staffordshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: How to Get Good Reviews on Amazon: A Guide for Independent Authors & Sellers (Kindle Edition)
This is a helpful guide and told me things I didn't know which is always useful. I had not appreciated how amazon reviews work and how seriously reviewers take them. Worth reading for that nugget alone!

4.0 out of 5 stars Sound advice from an experienced reviewer, 13 Nov 2013
Theo Rogers writes clearly, and with authority and insight obviously gained from a wealth of 'insider experience'.

This book (thankfully) contains no frills; it simply offers a practical guided tour of the Amazon reviewers' world; both in terms of mindset and expectations.

Beyond the (hopefully obvious) suggestions of approaching a reviewer politely, respectfully and honestly, Theo also offers specific advice on how to deal with less-than-stellar reviews. In addition, he includes plenty of guidance on the reviewers' ranking system, and the effect of the voting buttons, which had a far greater impact than I had realised.

I now have some good-quality resources to hand should I decide to approach an Amazon reviewer.

My rating: a very solid 4 stars.

I was given a free ecopy of this book in exchange for my honest review.

4.0 out of 5 stars Informative!, 12 Nov 2013
A useful and informative ebook which will help any indie author navigate the choppy waters of Amazon reviews. This book will help you with the complex social niceties involved in seeking an Amazon review from a top reviewer and pitfalls to avoid.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good advice for authors, 4 Nov 2013
This is a simple but thorough guide to help authors who are seeking reviews for their books. It explains why Amazon reviewers invest time in writing reviews and how an author should approach them to request a review. It also warns about common mistakes authors make and how to avoid them. There is a whole culture and community to Amazon reviewing that I was only partially aware of. Theo Rogers explains its intricacies and I have a much better understanding of it after reading the book.

He writes in a straightforward, easy to read style and the book is concise and to the point. The time I spent reading the book was definitely time well spent. I would recommend it to authors who wish to use Amazon book reviews to promote their books in an effective and ethical way.

5.0 out of 5 stars Smart Advice for Indie Authors., 24 Oct 2013
NyiNya "NyiNya" (It was broken when I got here...) - See all my reviews
One of the delights of buying a book on Amazon is you get to see the reviews and figure out if there's something between the covers for you. Amazon has changed a lot of buying habits and today most of us would never buy a book without checking what other readers have to say about it. So if you're a new writer (and with self-publishing, there are more of those than ever before), how do you get your masterpiece to the reviewers who matter? How do you get them to look at your book...and not one the dozens of others that appeared in the last 24 hours?

Paying attention to what Theo Rogers has to say is a good beginning.

His book is a fast read and an easy to follow game plan. Theo has done an in-depth study of Amazon reviewing and how it works, he knows the reviewers who count, and he has provided the definitive roadmap for getting to them. He breaks the process down into very do-able steps, warns you away from the pitfalls and rookie mistakes, and doesn't waste your time. At 74 pages, there is no pointless verbiage to slog through, no unnecessary autobiographical nonsense. You get nothing but the facts. If you have a book to sell, four bucks is a small amount to invest in this kind of solid insider information.

Disclaimer: I know Theo Rogers as a member of the Amazon reviewer community. However, I purchased the book from Amazon and did not accept a free review copy.

5.0 out of 5 stars This little booklet will save me time and money my ignorance would've cost, 28 Aug 2014
dorev (Midlands, UK) - See all my reviews
I'm a new seller on Amazon and very keen to do right by my customers 100% of the time. For this reason I've been spending time learning how the system works. I bought this book last night on a recommendation and read it all within a couple of hours. I've found it easy to read, it makes sense to me and there are some practicalities that I simply didn't know, which really could have tripped me up. I'm grateful that I read this book so early in my journey. It's going to save me a lot of time and money that my ignorance would have cost.

5.0 out of 5 stars good summary of hard to get info, 15 May 2014
I was pleasantly surprised at the amount of valuable stuff here I didn't know. Very useful indeed for an aspiring Amazon supplier.

4.0 out of 5 stars More good advice, 26 Mar 2014
An excellent read. Clear concise and for a technophobe like me quite easy to understand. Helpful books such as this are in demand.

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth the price, 23 Mar 2014
There was a lot of what I was already aware, and some that I wasn't quite sure of but had confirmed. And some new ones on me. The latter two made it well worth the cost and I will certainly be re-reading it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Navigating The World Of Amazon, 15 Sep 2013
prisrob "pris," (New England USA) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
As an Amazon reviewer, the author, Theo Rogers, has provided an essential guide not only for those requesting reviews, but also a reminder for the reviewer on the culture, common sense and the expectations that are often inherent in any review. An honest reviewer has responsibilities to provide an accurate portrayal of a product. This can create unseen obstacles, as Theo has attested in this book.

I was pleased to read the examples the author provides in each chapter that illustrated specific points he was making. From the reasons why people review to selecting and contacting reviewers, to the after the review issues. Concrete examples of several areas to think about, for each separate reviewer. The information contained is a practical guide to obtain the best kind of review for the product to be reviewed.

There is no one method to obtain a five star review, and if that is your only goal, you are in trouble at the start. The author has defined and identified the star system for Amazon. As a reviewer of nine years, it s rare for me to give a five star review. The product must be the best I have ever found or read in that particular area. It is my philosophy that 5 stars should be very rare. A 4 star from me is a gift. I am able to pick and choose what I want to review, so it is very rare for me to have a one star product. It is my experience that a new reviewer may start by giving high ratings until they begin to have a feel for rating reviews at their comfort level. It takes experience to be a good reviewer. As a new reviewer I had many mentors and for me, this was a learn as you go process.

The author has provided examples of why people review, and for me it was also a chance to grow. I had always been an avid reader, and I am a fast reader. Reviewing gave me a chance to express what I had learned from reading, the ability to critique the positives and the could be better, and in this process I discovered how to simplify my thoughts to provide an accurate portrayal of what I had read. While reading this book, the author gave me a chance to think about my reviews and what I gain. This was a plus for me.

One of the most helpful articles I read at the beginning of my reviewing was on 'How To Write A Review', I would also include this book for anyone starting out as a reviewer. The author provided a copy of this book for review.

Recommended. prisrob 09-14-13