5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing for any kind of entrepreneur
Published 17 months ago by Sewing Directory

2.0 out of 5 stars mmmm NOT SURE
nopt sure this is what i thought it was - you can find everything you need to have a portable office by just searching google - i tad disappointed overall
Published 18 months ago by K. J. Lear

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing for any kind of entrepreneur, 8 Oct. 2013
Sewing Directory (Devon) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
I was a little concerned that this book may not be particularly relevant to me being as I don't want to travel but I was very wrong! This book really helps you focus on what you want from life not just from your business. Most business books I've read focus on what you want from your business but this book made me take a step back and think about what I really want in life and how I can make my business fit around that.

By the time I got to the end of the first section I had already made a life changing decision thanks to the advice in this book. It made me realise there was nothing stopping me from achieving my goals now instead of putting them off until the future. It feels like up until now I have been living for the business but now I'm going to focus more on life and work the business around that.

There's also a brilliant range of useful links which help with all aspects of running a business, and help you streamline your processes. I'm glad I bought the Kindle version as I could click straight through to the sites mentioned. I will certainly be exploring them further.

The last section focused more on people who want to travel but I still found it interesting and picked up a couple of tips for when I next go on holiday. But even if that section is not relevant to you it is worth the money for the rest of the book. The most inspiring business book I've ever read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Got me to take action! Reaping the benefits now., 11 Jun. 2014
This review is from: The Suitcase Entrepreneur: Create freedom in business and adventure in life. (Kindle Edition)
I’d read many books before on how to have a location independent career and how to work while on the road. I’d become disillusioned really and wasn’t sure that *I* had the right skills needed to work online.

A friend sent me details of Natalie’s book, knowing I was looking for a location independent career, and I wondered if it would just be the same sort of thing, but I gave it a go. I was at a stage where I knew that I needed to take action, but I was still floundering about where to start.

I have to say that I loved it. Natalie is extremely likeable in her approach to everything, but what I found the most help was her strategy to launch a business on a very limited budget. I actually followed her advice and got mine going. That was just the start of course and the hard work continues, but I am reaping the benefits of this great book. It also led me to Natalie’s podcast and website so I continue to be inspired and motivated along!

Kirsty Bartholomew - Untrapped Life

5.0 out of 5 stars Practical and inspiring, 17 Aug. 2013
JM Scotland - See all my reviews
What I like about this book is that the author practices what she teaches. She has walked the path she presents and gives you new ways of looking at how to work in the 21st Century along with practical techniques, advice and useful web links to explore further. If you like the four hour work week, this book is your next step, going deeper into the how.

The author not only presents an exciting vision of how things can be when embracing this new way of thinking and working, but also how to live it daily with all the practical mundane aspects. She presents a structure to help you build a business around your lifestyle. It's not enough to have a dream, without a working business model in place to support such dreams.

I'm only half way through the book and finding it useful. Even if you don't want to travel and live out of a suitcase, the information can give you the freedom to work from home or your local cafe or what ever way rocks your boat. Well worth the read and value for money too. For the price of a couple of coffee's, you get lots of interesting, useful information, advice and inspiration.

Last comment:
Read with a highlighter, lots of bits that you will want to mark.

5.0 out of 5 stars The book to help you find your sweet spot, 8 Aug. 2013
As I'm already in business but want to free up more time, Natalie in her introduction suggests to skip to the second section which I found super useful in learning in more detail how to approach getting my first VA (which has been on my to do list for too long). However I actually read straight through the book and was glad I did as Natalie's personal story from corporate world to adventure seeker and successful entrepreneur is one of the best out there, love the risk taking based on a strong gut feel. There's also a ton of value in the section on how to find your sweet spot which talks about focusing on what you enjoy, what you're best at and who you can help (your audience) - solid advice for anyone starting out as well as existing entrepreneurs looking to move from services to products.

5.0 out of 5 stars What a fantastic book!, 2 July 2014
From the bottom of my heart, I believe that this book is a vital and excellent read that will change lives. Its not just a book that gives you only the Psychology to do business but it gives you actual examples of tools, software, life tips, though and mindset inspirations and above all it gives you hope that you can make it as a nomad. It also gives some examples of how others have made it as an online Entrepeneur. So guys and gals don't ever give up on your dreams; I sincerely ask you to read this book as I have.

To the author I wish to thank you for your inspiring book, you have given me that motivation that I did't have before.

5.0 out of 5 stars Thought provoking and practical book, 25 Dec. 2013
A. Jones (South Africa) - See all my reviews
Provides excellent tips about how to set up a location independent digital "freedom" business. The book includes concrete recommendations on how to find your niche customer, companies to work with in setting up your business and outsourcing non core work, making money from your email list and how to generate profits from passive and active revenue streams. It also has an honest and non-idealistic discussion on the realities of leading a nomadic lifestyle - being quite open about the fact that it is not for everyone. Has got me raring to go and start my website!

5.0 out of 5 stars Re-read this several times!, 4 Feb. 2015
Having read a few of these "get rich, live the life you want and now pay for my lifestyle through my products" type books this one is genuine in its intentions. I cannot recommend it highly enough. It does take several read-through's to get that the author is genuinely trying to support you and telling it how it is - good and crucially the bad part of living out of a suitcase while trying to make a living in the world.

This is most evident through the sheer number of resources are listed at the back.

Another thing I found refreshing was that unlike other similar books it doesn't leave you hanging and expecting you to now buy the real information through sequels or online stuff - it gives you all you need, but obviously the author has to make a living and there are other products available if you wish to follow up.

A great inspirational read, but as always, it's easy to take a horse to water but it's up to the reader to follow through with the inspiration this book tries to give.

5.0 out of 5 stars All the tools and inspiration you need to start your own business & travel, 5 Oct. 2013
Hannah Braime (London, UK) - See all my reviews
Natalie's book is packed with information, tools, tips, and case studies that show you how you can build a business and have the freedom to travel at the same time. The fact is that this kind of lifestyle is open to anyone--not just the very wealthy or privileged--and The Suitcase Entrepreneur demonstrates that.

The book is divided into different acts that guide you, step-by-step, through the process of deciding what your business will look like, creating a strong business and marketing foundation, and then taking it on the road. Natalie is encouraging but doesn't deal in fluff: her writing is down-to-earth, actionable, and gets straight to the point. She includes a lot of great advice ranging from the digital tools that will enable you to manage your business from a laptop, to packing, travel-hacking, and staying healthy on the road. Each chapter ends with a checklist so you know exactly which steps you need to take and in which order. Even though I have my own business and love long-term travel, I still learned a lot from this book and will no doubt refer to it again and again in the future.

A must-read for anyone who believes that there's more to life than a 9-5.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonder why your blog makes no money? Read this book!, 26 Aug. 2013
This is the go-to book for anyone wanting to start a location independent business. Natalie Sissons goes into great depth of the how and why your Internet business can be a success. She includes all the essential resources to start your business, how to monetize it, and how to make it grow. Inspirational!

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring, practical and extremely useful, 20 Feb. 2015
This is a very enjoyable and easy read packed full of incredibly useful info related to business strategy, technology and travel. Natalie guides you through setting up your online business for very little upfront investment, finding your "sweet spot", different ways of making money online, outsourcing, automating and how to take advantage of all the technological tools out there to really make them work for you.

She's also very clear that being a nomad is not for everyone and goes into the pros and cons of such a life as well as the required mentality. But the goal isn't travel. The goal is Freedom and living life on your terms and Natalie is living proof that that is very achievable, and this book is a great way to find out how.

I'd recommend it to anyone wanting to make a change not just in their job or career but in their life.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›