5.0 out of 5 stars Delighted
My A-level French teacher told us that the best way to learn a language was to read children's books. By then it was a bit late for my French, but I tried it in adulthood with another language and he was right. I wish they had had them at school.
Published on 29 Nov 2010 by Songbird

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice book
I like this book for my baby daughter. Nice pictures and I like the dual language format on the same page. I remember the story being slightly different but my daughter is none the wiser!
Published 9 months ago by Katie Jones

5.0 out of 5 stars Delighted, 29 Nov 2010
My 12 year old was delighted to receive this book having just started Spanish at school. I've been reading it too to start learning some Spanish and try to keep up with the homework. This story has some great lines in it which have equally good Spanish translations.
Each page has a paragraph of English and a paragraph of Spanish, with about 17 pages, so plenty to read, as well as lovely illustrations.
I told my friend about it and she thought it was a great idea, so she is buying some for her children too.

4.0 out of 5 stars traditional tales, 10 Dec 2009
This book i needed for my Spanish class (we had to write a story) but my teacher thought her 3 year old bilingual daughter would love it!

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice book, 14 Nov 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars Good present, 16 Sep 2013
This lovely book was delivered on time and the wrapping was good. I gave it away as a present for my nephew how seems to enjoy it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, 5 Feb 2013
This is a great book & very useful to familiarise your child with Spanish. My son loves the story as he knows it in English & can understand the story when it's read in Spanish.

4.0 out of 5 stars I like it, 2 Dec 2012
I ordered this book for a dual language child in my setting.
I read the book in English but the child was pleased to see words in his language and he borrowed the book for his parents to read to him at home.
The story was already familiar to the child.
The book is paperback and I hope it lasts but the price reflected this.
Prompt delivery.
I would recommend.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good translation tool., 20 Jun 2012
For the purpose it is designed for - excellent. I used as a helpful tool when learning Spanish and it proved excellent for that too.

5.0 out of 5 stars helps adult learning, 17 May 2012
I've used this with my adult Spanish student. We've worked on it for a few weeks now, doing a little bit at each weekly lesson. First she read it at home, then we read a page each in class. Next I asked her to pick out certain vocabulary, i.e. names of characters, animals and objects in the story, set phrases like 'Fee, Fi...'. After that I wrote some comprehension questions covering the whole story. My aim is that in the end she will be able to tell the whole story without looking at the book. So, we're at the stage where I've picked out all the verbs needed, and she's going to make sure she knows the past tense form of them for homework. Not sure what the next stage is, perhaps I'll ask her to tell the story, doing a little bit each week. When the next week comes she'll repeat the story so far, so by the time we get to the end, she'll be able to tell it fluently. Any other ideas I'd love to hear! Thanks

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 9 Feb 2012
A. Graves (London, UK United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
We bought this book because we are teaching our 2 year old to speka spanish and we wanted to introduce spanish stories at night time.
My husband's mother tongue is English and it was of great importance that the book had the transalation to english so that he can learn it as he reads it to our little one. It is in fact teaching them both spanish.
Great product.
It is a sweet story, very appropriate for ages from 2 to 5 year olds.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 23 July 2014