Colour Name: Green|Change
Price:£4.45+ Free shipping (Addon item)

on 6 February 2014
After reading rave reviews for this product I was initially pleased with my purchase. However the rubber tip split after five weeks fairly gentle use and it was only then that I discovered that the replacement bamboo stylus tips that I ordered with the stylus were the wrong size ! It takes the 5 mm tips which seem to be only available from Germany at £15 for 3. The running costs for the stylus seem likely to be in the region of £50 a year. I must say for tiny pieces of rubber £5 a throw does seem extortionate. The other problem I encountered was that this stylus is incompatible with screen protector films.

My search continues...
on 4 November 2014
I've used the original wacom solo stylus for the last couple of years wth my ipad retina and then with my retina mini.
I was looking forward to trying the solo 2 as the nib is a millimetre finer and I thought the cap was a good idea..
I use the drawing app Procreate daily and this new stylus just doesn't work. You have to press so hard with it that it is impossible to draw freely.
The nibs on my original stylus do wear, I probably get through one every five weeks or so,using it pretty intensively, but the stylus is so good I think this is acceptable. It helps to keep the screen clean to reduce drag and use a light hand.
Having to press so hard with the solo 2 is bound to significantly increase the rate of wear.
I've always highly rated wacom products and before the ipad I used an intuos tablet for years.
I don't know what the new solo 2 stylus is for or who it is aimed at.
What were they thinking?
on 13 February 2014
I might just be the nibs (which are changeable but not with the bamboo 1 nibs) but it does not work with the iPad air unles you plan on being violent with it... It works on the iPad 4 flawlessly though.
on 28 March 2014
This would be a 3 star review if the nibs were available alongside this item or.....now get this...actually came packaged with it. 2 spare nibs would not have been prohibitively expensive on what is already quite an expensive item. Please Amazon when are you getting these in?? And stop linking to the old 6mm diameter replacement nibs as an add on for this as they require 5mm diameter nibs.
on 8 June 2014
Looks and feels beautiful, it even works quite well. However it goes through nibs like its on crack. I used the stylus for about a dozen sketches and drawings over around a week before the nib sheared off. I promptly sent back for a refund as i calculated that i would have to spend £80 a year on replacement nibs if they broke as frequently as the first one did.

The flaw is with the design of the retaining ring for the nib. During use the nib deforms and is pushed back from the direction of travel. This causes excessive pressure on the point contacting the retaining ring with eventually weakens the rubber nib and shears through. The retaining ring has a very sharp edge that hastens this effect, If it included a small chamfer or a ring of buffering material at that point i believe the wear and tear would be significantly reduced and the rate of replacement nibs would be significantly reduced. I am certain that walcom are aware of the issue and have chosen to ignore it in favour of increasing accessories sales.

In addition the replacement nibs recommended are for the older model and won't fit, You have to buy them from walcom and can't get firmer ones anymore.

I recommend not buying this stylus if you plan to use it for regular drawing.
on 18 December 2013
Expected the version 2 to be a lot better due to the price (£15) but it was a complete waste of time. I have a £5 stylus that works a lot better. You have to press down with the pen in a unnatural way to make work. I have now gone back to using my £5 stylus now.

I thought with the thinner tip I would be to get more precision but with it being thinner I couldn't even use it :(

I want a refund!
on 16 January 2014
This seemed like the most promising of the current like of styluses for the iPad, having read that the Adonis Jot Script, including the updated Evernote version, have too many problems for their price, and even scratch the screen. I was disappointed. Like another reviewer said of the original bamboo, it's like drawing with a marshmallow on the screen. The sensitivity with the iPad mini is abominally bad. You really have to press this thing hard against the screen. It's simply easier to use your fingers than this marshmallow stick! Ready to just throw the thing away, I tried to shorten the nib to see if that would help - it didn't, made things even worse. Throwing the whole thing away.
on 21 January 2014
This isn't as good as the stylus from Lindy that I had. The Wacom stylus's tip is too spongy and tends to be less accurate (for me anyhow) than the Lindy stylus. The Lindy stylus also has a better feel and also includes a ballpoint pen. Seller shipped fast though!
on 18 November 2013
Excellent stylus. I like the cap and the narrower point. I hope you can get replacement nibs! The non rubber styling slide better on iPad but when worn out are throw away. Bamboo wins for replacement tips on their stylus.
on 23 February 2014
The supplied nib wears out very quickly. I ordered some replacement Bamboo nibs when I ordered the stylus, so I thought I was OK. How wrong could I be!! The nibs do not fit, despite the sales blurb saying they are recently bought together!! A dreadful waste of money. I will now have to order an alternative stylus, as mine is now unusable. Do not order any products from Bamboo as you cannot trust the product descriptions.

See one answered question