5.0 out of 5 stars Good, simple smartphone alternative
Nokia phones are well-known for their simplicity and ease of use, and this phone is no exception. It's a cheaper and more affordable alternative if you enjoy texting and keeping in touch via social networks but don't wish to fork out that bit more for one of the much pricier options in the smartphone range, i.e Blackberry, Samsung or HTC.

Bought one of these to...
Published 2 months ago by Liam S

3.0 out of 5 stars Great for texting and calls, but not for internet
I bought this phone becasuse: 1) it's a Nokia and I've nearly always had Nokia phones; 2) it has a QWERTY keypad; 3) it takes 2 SIM cards. I have used this phone for 8 months now and would say the following:
Published 8 months ago by Berora

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, simple smartphone alternative, 12 Oct 2014

Bought one of these to replace my Blackberry Q5 which unexpectedly died a death earlier this year, and it was always my next choice should the worst happen. But my head was turned yet again when I spotted an iPhone 4S on a low-cost deal on Virgin Mobile, and so I signed up for one and decided to keep my 210 as a replacement work phone. Lately however I have discovered that owning an iPhone on contract is not as cheap as it should be if you use internet and social media on an almost daily basis, and as a result I'm having issues with my monthly bill being higher than expected. So should I decide to ditch the iPhone and revert to a sim-only deal, I've recently bought another 210 - albeit this time in white - as a possible replacement phone through having had experience in using one, and because it's more affordable.

As I do a lot of texting I tend to find it faster and easier to do so on a QWERTY keypad phone, so this fits the bill really quite nicely. There are however a couple of gripes, one being that even though the display screen is wide enough it is perhaps still a little too cluttered, and the second is that wallpaper choice is very limited in that there are only five readily available on the phone - a wider range can be accessed and downloaded from the Nokia store. There is, as a bonus, a good choice of ringtones and messaging tones to help make up for it, which is standard for Nokia.

So a good all rounder if maybe you're thinking of parting company with your smartphone and replacing it with a budget-priced alternative, that plus it won't consume a huge amount of battery power and will stay fully charged at least a week, if not more. Nokia does it again!

3.0 out of 5 stars Great for texting and calls, but not for internet, 31 Mar 2014
- it is great as a phone, dual SIM feature works very well, I can set different ring tones for each of the SIMs, so I can tell whether it is a private or work call coming through, without even checking the incoming number.
- battery lasts a long time, I can easily go a week without having to charge the phone;
- durability - contrary to one of the reviews this phone is VERY ROBUST. I don't use a protective silicone case with my phone, dropped it a number of times, including on a concrete pavement, the back cover fell off, battery fell out, but I put the phone together again and it works as if nothing happened. Just two small scratches on the corners which hit the ground first, but the screen intact.
- comfortable keypad and great for texting, I will never be able to go back to a phone with a number pad only and 3 or 4 characters on each key.
- internet - a real pain to use. I've used it in emergency (such as checking traffic info when stuck on a motorway crawling at 5mph and just to clarify, I was not the driver), but without a touch screen, internet is not easy to use.
- email - ok-ish to use, but only a few e-mails load at a time, you scroll down and then have to choose the 'load more' option and it takes a while to go through the whole mail inbox. Still, ok when I am on the go and just want to check if anything new has come in.
- memory - not even enough for the recommended Nokia Express browser update to install, which I find rather strange.
Would I recommend this phone? Yes, if you are after a phone for making phone calls and texting and want to avoid carrying two phones around if you have two different numbers. Don't buy it if decent internet on the go matters to you.
I can't type on a touch screen, so my ideal phone would be a dual SIM, QWERTY keypad and a touch screen device, but unfortunately I can't find anything like that anywhere!

5.0 out of 5 stars A good buy, 3 May 2014
This review is from: Nokia Asha 210 SIM-Free Mobile Phone - White (Electronics)
If you want any easy to use phone with clear keyboard this is the phone to buy. My husband is delighted with it having tried numerous other ones.

5.0 out of 5 stars nokia asha 210 phone, 2 May 2014
This review is from: Nokia Asha 210 SIM-Free Mobile Phone - White (Electronics)
it is a superb item very easy to use i would recommend this to friends and family and the service from ordering to receiving was excellent

5.0 out of 5 stars lovely nokia phone, 15 Nov 2013
battery long keyboard a bit cramped backlit keyboard 2mp camera wassup and facebook installed
fast wifi good camera pics good phone from nokia

5.0 out of 5 stars nokia asha 210 mobile phone, 10 Feb 2014
This review is from: Nokia Asha 210 SIM-Free Mobile Phone - White (Electronics)
I am so glad that I bought a nice simple phone to text to my friends and family because I hate the touch screen smart phones for texting. I didnt really pay a lot for it because I had some amazon vouchers for christmas. I am very pleased with my new phone★★★★★

4.0 out of 5 stars It's fine - just wish it didn't pretend to be a Smartphone, 9 Jun 2014
This is a well made phone with great sound quality, good battery life and nice solid construction - exactly what i was looking for to used for calls and texts

The only thing that marks it down for me is the number of apps that are built in to the phone - Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, etc
It's a 2G device with no Wi-Fi so it doesn't run these very well at all - just clutters up the navigation. It alos has a dedicated Facebook key on the keypad and I can see that if this got pushed accidentally, it would be very easy to clock up a bill for data.

I'd give it 5 stars if it were not for the bells and whistles

It's fine - just wish it didn't pretend to be a Smartphone

4.0 out of 5 stars Basically an iPhone without £500 worth of polish...., 7 Dec 2014
Firstly, the company were very efficient. It was dispatched on the day and although I was given expected delivery dates between 5th December and 15th December, it arrived on the 3rd....

As for the phone, I've been really impressed. It is absolutely jam-packed to the rim full of features yet for one tenth of the price of an iPhone (or equivalent top-end smart phone). Granted, these features are in a more rudimentary form, but actually this simplicity, efficiency, user friendliness and sheer value for money are fantastic in this modern age of technology. It seems to combine everything that is good about smart phones with everything that was good about the old style phones. If you plug headphones in you can use it as a radio and you can even use the handset as an internet modem! I haven't tried many of the apps, but it seems to come with some good games and plentiful applications (ebuddy, whatsapp, facebook, nokia nearby, internet, store, calendar, mail, gift, chat, voice recorder, converter, to-do list, notes, calculator, countdown timer, stopwatch....)
Just like old times you can select exactly what you want your shortcut keys to do which makes for rapid navigation of the phone. I was surprised at how nice the screen looks, although it doesn't quite go bright enough to stop it being a little bit annoyingly reflective in certain lighting conditions. I've also noticed this phone picks up phone/Wi-Fi signal in places my older BlackBerry cannot.
Although I haven't worked out how to connect it to one particular institution network (that has a few security layers) it did connect to my university network fine (which requires username and password). What REALLY surprised me was how easy and quickly it setup my microsoft exchange account, these accounts normally drive the user insane! I didn't think it would work, but it was straightforward and was successful first time around. However, although you can setup many e-mail accounts, you can only select one of them to automatically update itself every 15mins.
I have also been remarkably impressed by the camera. The quality seems good and it zooms for quite a long way. It even allows you to add effects or take a "selfie" by turning the camera around to face you and following the voice command instructions (presumably from some kind of facial recognition system within). You can also shoot videos and edit pictures, with frames and colours etc etc etc. [Something even my blackberry didn't allow]
The keyboard has gotten good reviews across Amazon, but it is actually taking me a little while to get used to, a couple of the keys don't feel positioned in their natural location.
Overall, the phone is built to a decent quality standard. It doesn't feel cheap, has a nice finish to it, although it does feel a little light and I wouldn't like to drop it too many times...
It seems to give you control over every tiny little facet, from font size and colour to home screen display, alerts, shortcuts and it also offers genuinely helpful tips along the way. The keypad is backlit too and comes with a dedicated facebook button to take you directly there. The battery life seems good so far (especially in comparison to modern smartphones) and inserting sim cards and memory cards isn't fiddly or tedious.
When you link it up to a computer via USB it's very straightforward (again, unlike a Blackberry). It allows you to access the memory card directly and you could probably use it as a USB memory stick if you wanted to.

My only negative comment about this phone is that it is slow. I think without a memory card the phone's internal memory would soon become a problem. I think it either has low RAM and/or a slow processor. There is certainly no quick flicking around apps, everything is definitely very purposeful and the phone can be quite unforgiving. It doesn't allow you to keep apps open in the background, once you close them they're gone.

Basically what this phone has proven to me, is that everything decent about a smartphone only costs about £50... iPhones are simply charging £500 for nice polish, an aluminium body and an excessive amount of features that you're being conned for. This phone really seems to have been made as if the company is on your side, and wanted to give you a fair deal and a good phone. It doesn't feel like they've tried to do you out of as much money as possible and then purposely left flaws in the device so you have to spend even more cash to be happy. It just comes in the box as a really user friendly device that is jam-packed to the rim full of features that should really embarrass those people who've spent £500 on a smartphone. This is definitely value for money. Don't get me wrong, you certainly get what you pay for, and you're certainly ONLY getting £50 worth of features here.... but any models too far above this are simply excessive. If you can cope with this, put the other £450 towards a holiday or something, you won't regret it!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good phone but not as good as previous Nokia models, 28 Aug 2014
Amazon Customer (Yeovil,Somerset.) - See all my reviews
Good phone but not as good as previous Nokia models. All phone manufacturers seem to be cutting back on quality and not being as generous with what they produce these days!

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay, 17 Oct 2014
This phone is good especially if you are not a smartphone freak but just want a normal phone that gets you going. It can take you to social media platforms and is not bad in that regard.