4.0 out of 5 stars Good protection but smaller than anticipated.
I wanted a bag for my new Nikon D7000. Rather than go for an ugly camera bag, I opted to try this to fit inside a conventional messenger type back.

Published 12 months ago by Steve

3.0 out of 5 stars Too small
The product is well made and comes with two extra inserts however it is too small for Pro level DSLR. The image is a bit mis-leading. It is big enough to fit a Canon 5D Mark III with a 50mm f/1.4 but with no room for an extra lens as show in the photograph.
Published 12 months ago by Omar

4.0 out of 5 stars Good protection but smaller than anticipated., 17 Oct 2013
This review is from: Koolertron Waterproof Padded Foldable Partition Insert Camera Protective Bag For DSLR Camera Shot Or Flash Light 22cm x 20cm x 11cm (Electronics)

The photo is misleading. I knew my camera was big, but having measured it I was confident it would fit as shown - I thought the stated dimensions must surely be internal given how comfortably an SLR sits in the picture with an extra lens. In reality my camera with fitted lens fill the bag on their own, and there is no room for an additional lens as shown. The camera shown must be very small, and the measurements must have been taken from the outside of the bag not the inside, so be warned (the walls are very thick). This is the only reason it gets 4 stars.

Other than that the case is well padded and offers reasonable protection within my man bag. It comes with two partitions (one shown in the picture) which I just use as extra padding on each side because an additional lens won't fit. It appears to be water resistant but doubt it is 'waterproof'. Seems a touch expensive for what it is, but you won't find one cheaper anywhere.

In summary it just about does what I want, but would be more suitable for D5200/D3200 owners.

3.0 out of 5 stars Too small, 3 Oct 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal for Rucksack, 16 Sep 2013
Mrs. J. Owen (Lancashire) - See all my reviews
Bought this to go in my rucksack to keep my camera and spare lens safe. It fits perfectly. I have a camera bag but it gets very uncomfortable on long walks as its one of those across the shoulder sling bags and I didn't want to pay out for another one, this is a great compromise.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for my NEX-6 and telephoto zoom lens, 28 Jun 2014
Johno (Brighton UK) - See all my reviews
I use this to store a NEX-6 with 16-50 kit lens and a 55-210 zoom, along with a lens brush, lens/body caps and a few filters and spare batteries. The whole lot then goes into my small rucksack so it's perfect for travel. It's definitely too small for a DSLR and a large-ish zoom but would accomodate a DSLR fitted with a small prime lens with a few small accessories either side of said lens. It is well padded but my only gripe is that the top cover flap is about 1cm too short to easily mate with the velcro patch on the front of the bag. When fitting the top cover to the rear velcro strip you need to be very precise in positioning it in order to maximise the "reach" of the top flap when closing it against the front-velcro patch.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple but effective., 11 April 2014
Provides excellent protection for your camera when carrying it in a rucksack. The padding is equivalent to that in a specialist camera bag.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for DSLR owners who want to travel light, 22 Jun 2014
Firstly as others have stated this isn't the biggest camera bag in the world so if you want to take more than 2 lenses and more than 1 DSLR body then forget it, however if like me you want something to take your camera with a few lenses in something that will fit inside another bag then this fits the bill very well

A recent trip to Le Mans this very securely fitted my Pentax K50, spare lens and battery within a normal messenger type bag leaving plenty of room for a bottle of drink, hat, sunglasses etc. The padding holds the camera in its compartment very well (always have your camera strap at the top incase you need to get the camera out in a hurry) and the fact it is waterproof is a bonus incase something leaks within your bag or it rains

Its that handy it should serve my perfectly when i take my camera to Thailand, if im honest once i take the extra lens, battery and use the side pocket for spare SD cards and a USB stick the bag is effectively full, but the fact it fits nicely in a normal messenger bag/rucksack makes it perfect for discreetly carrying around my (limited) equipment

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fuji x100s protection, 6 Jun 2014
Great padding with the internal divider a third of the way in, I can fit my fuji x100s sideways and batteries and card holder in the other side. Fits well in a messenger bag and I wouldn't be worried if I dropped my camera whilst it was in the bag.

5.0 out of 5 stars very good, 18 April 2014
I've been using this for the past 2 months, and I love it.
I can carry it in every bag I want. It still protect my equipment very well (Canon 600D + 50mm + 75-300mm).
I was always looking for a good nice looking camera bag for women, I found the alternative and I get to use all of my bags.
The cap on top is a bit awkward, but for the price I can't ask for more.

4.0 out of 5 stars Used for a nikon d7000, 12 Mar 2014
As previously advised, you won't get anything else in this bag when you have a nikon d7000 and kit lens. Overall a useful item if you want to use your own bag/ rucksack.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for my requirements, 12 Feb 2014
This is a great little case, good for day trips or those times when you want to carry your camera around but don’t want to take all your gear, and don’t want to take an extra bag. (And you don’t want to make it obvious that you’re carrying a camera around!)

Other reviewers have commented that it’s unexpectedly small. I measured out the dimensions before purchasing so I expected it to be the size it is, which is perfect for me. I can fit my DSLR and a spare lens with a few bits and bobs like spare batteries, filters, USB flash drive etc. I have one of canon’s small body DSLR’s - the 700D, so I have no problem fitting all this in. I can fit a range of lens sizes. 50mm sits in the bag with plenty of room to spare, 18-55mm has room to spare too. I even carried a 70-300 around in it comfortably, although the lens did stick out of the top of the bag, but because the bag was in my messenger bag that wasn’t an issue.

Another thing I love about this bag is that it’s not immediately obvious that you’re carrying a camera around with you, which for me is a big bonus because I’m often carrying my camera around in places where I’d rather not advertise to everyone that I’m carrying several hundred pounds worth of camera equipment with me!

So in conclusion it’s a great piece of kit and I love it, but if you have a large body camera it might not work for you - check the dimensions before buying!