Platform: Xbox 360|Edition: Hardened Edition|Change

on 19 May 2014
I'd beaten an enjoyed the Modern Warfare games, and played them a lot online. Then I'd heard that the multiplayer for this one really sucked, but I thought it couldn't be that bad. Turns out it really is that bad, and indeed is quite possibly the worst Call of Duty of all time!

The major problem with the multiplayer in this game is that the maps are far, far too big, resulting in so much camping going on. Matches become a complete joke, with nobody moving in fear of getting sniped from a mile away. The amount of times you get shot in the back from someone who spawned behind you, something which previous games suffered from, is still here, only it seems to happen even more often!

I didn't even try the single player. I hated the multiplayer so much I just went back to the other CoD games I owned. I'll buy it again when it's selling for £10 or something to play the single player campaign, but I'm in no rush for that. If you play CoD for the multiplayer, do not buy this game!
on 19 May 2014
I never had any trouble with hesitation when buying this game the overall price was astonishing!

As a Call of Duty fan i only play for the Additions to the game like the Zombies series and as it seems it's currently ended/paused for at the moment so i needed something new. I thought the Extinction would be perfect but i did need to consider how late on the game is now an would i need the Season pass. I considered buying this game alone second hand at £22, with that i done a little internet search and ended up here and it's probably the best thing i've found when it comes to games! £28 for the lot, everything brand new and you have stores charging you for the disk alone which is pre-loved as it is!

I couldn't be any happier with this purchase because i paid a lot for the Black Ops Era, also i'm glad because i haven't played it as much as i should because it doesn't seem too addictive but i know when i get bored i'll always have it as a back up plan!
on 13 November 2013
I ordered this for my husband and he really enjoys it. The picture is crisper and some of the changes in what you can do are great. The maps are missing something compared to some of our favourites in Black Ops II, but we are getting used to the new ones.
We did have issues with the delivery as well as the FreeFall map pack that was supposed to be included. We were very upset and I contacted Amazon about both issues and they were great with their customer service. I will continue to purchase games from them because of how great they handled my complaints. Also, we figured out a way around the Free Fall glitch. When we entered the code, we kept getting an error and Amazon just told us they couldn't include the map because of the glitch. We found out if you eject the game from the console, then enter the code and then load the game back in, we got the map. Try it! Although we aren't pleased with the map after trying it!
on 11 March 2014
I bought this version to get the season pass and was not disappointed! The actual box is rather large and clunky - to be expected when buying a special edition - but the steelbook case for the game is much better and fits in with my other Xbox games. Regards the cord wrist thingy; never even opened it but I know it's there so hopefully someone will want it in years to come.
The game: thoroughly enjoyable but in a very different style to the most recent CoD games in the series (multiplayer). Maps are far more diverse than in the more recent ones in terms of sizing and it feels in many ways a return to CoD2 or CoD4, rather than the rush around 'spraying n praying' gameplay there seems to have been a step towards.
Possibly the only negative on Ghosts as a whole is Activision's discontinuation of Elite, and replacement with a mobile app and no way of accessing it via PC.
on 27 March 2014
I have been a fan of the CoD franchise ever since I got my first XBOX 360 quite a few hers ago and was excited at the prospect of the next instalment in the CoD franchise. I was initially disappointed with it purely on the grounds I am not the best FPS multiplayer gamer and felt the graphics were very akin to Battlefield and were a little too details in some of the maps and struggled to identify the opposition. After a few weeks/months of playing I'm enjoying the game more although not very happy to have to pay for additional downloads even after being a Season Pass holder. I think if you buy anything other than the standard edition game you should get any future DLC's free of charge, especially if you are a Season Pass holder as well.
on 29 January 2016
I wouldn't have bought this at the original price, but when on offer, it was good to get the steelbook case, which although it is not a really high quality product, is nice to have if you wanted to display it on your living room shelf, and the season pass was a very useful inclusion (as a code for download). The paracord bracelet is a bit of a gimmick. I'm not sure that it's very fashionable, and it's too large, even on the smallest of the three adjustable settings. I don't think it would be the first thing I would pack for a real adventure into the wilderness either. The box is a bit big too - lots of empty wasted space.
However, overall, when this product is at the right price, it is a nice little addition to a gaming collection.
on 3 December 2013
After owning and playing all the other CoD games I expected this (as to most fans I expect) to be an improvement, but yet again it seems to be another stale offering of what we already play but then it also has a lot of option changes which results in the whole thing being slightly confused as what it's trying to achieve and in the process the game feels like it is missing something.

The campaign is ok but I don't like multiplayer at all. The only thing at the moment that is keeping me interested and playing the game is the 'Squads' game, which is very similar to the 'Combat Training' section of Black Ops 2.
on 15 September 2014
I've played Modern Warfare 2 & 3 competitively for the past 5 years, and with this coming out, I felt that they'd have improved on the game, balancing it out, and generally making the online experience better. Unfortunately, that wasn't the case. The customisation options are good, but there are so many things FOR SALE, it makes it very hard to see past the publisher's marketing ploys. Also, the lack of theatre mode was incredibly disappointing, as both my friends and I like to save our highlights and reflect on them at later dates. Not the best, but an experience worth having.
on 9 February 2014
An absolutely amazing game, I love the campaign story, great graphics. The extinction game mode in a great edition, to an already amazing game. Great new game modes like blitz and cranked with amazing new guns. Great customization of your character like never seen before. They also brought back the loved game mode survival from MW3 now called squads. The hardened edition offers special edition camos which look absolutely great, and new clothes to help you stand out from the crowd. You also get a unique tag, background, and a awesome map. You also get all 5 map packs.
on 24 June 2014
When I first played the game I noticed it didn't have the 'it' factor as recent cods did. I feel black ops 2 did a much better job with multilayer and overall feel of the game. Its soundtrack also felt very dull. the only new thing about this edition of cod was extinction which I don't play much. When I first seen the reveal trailer I was picturing a post apocalyptic fallout feel. Maybe they were going add in some kind of minor explore feature to it, but it never happened which is why ghosts kind sucked.