4.0 out of 5 stars More of the same or have the changes made a difference?
Let me start by saying I have been a Call of Duty gamer (with all Map Packs apart from World at War) since CoD4: Modern Warfare - Primarily on the Xbox 360 although I do have some on the PS3 too. I am basing this review on these in general and NOT other FPS games like Battlefield for example.

The campaign is quite interesting and I quite enjoy the story. It is...
Published 17 months ago by Mozzy

3.0 out of 5 stars Mixed bag
A bit of an odd one this.

The campaign itself is quite good, the stuff you'd usually expect from a COD campaign: explosions, story becomes personal because friend/family dies, big chase to the villain. Yeah I expected all that but that didn't make it any less fun.

Published 6 months ago by MattDoesReviews

4.0 out of 5 stars More of the same or have the changes made a difference?, 8 Dec. 2013
Mozzy (Gloucestershire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Call of Duty: Ghosts - Hardened Edition (Xbox 360) (Video Game)

The campaign is quite interesting and I quite enjoy the story. It is however a typical Call of Duty Campaign with a cinematic and explosive action, with a few twists and turns mixed in with a few quieter moments. It could probably be completed quicker than I took but I do like looking for all the intel (1 per mission and 18 missions) and trying to complete certain challenges/things for achievements. Pace feels quite good in general but if you have played the previous campaigns you can't help comparing aspects (i.e. the stealth mission with CoD4's etc). Overall though there are a few new things (underwater and in space) and it feels like a CoD campaign with a good story so a positive thing for this game

The multiplayer has had a lot of attention because its why most seem to buy these games. There was a lot made of the Dynamic Maps and Customisation options but these are probably the more disappointing aspects. The dynamics don't seem to do a lot in general - change a few sightlines and routes but don't really add as much as I thought they would or could. The customisation and soldier option is also disappointing too. You have a Soldier (up to 10 soldiers) and can only play as 1 at a time. as they rank up you unlock squad points etc. The problem starts with your first choice as they only have 3 classes and NO default classes to choose from so pick wisely first. This means that when you start you can only use the default set-up for that soldier and that means NO perk differences. this can be a problem in certain game modes and maps as you cannot radically change your set up to suit a different style of play or experiment too much.

The MP gameplay itself is more like MW3 in terms of feel and pace but the Maps are LARGE (by CoD standards). Saying that though I have had to change my style of play a bit to do well. Before I was an SMG rusher and Objective based player - now I try and play more tactically to get to objectives. As the maps are large, if you spend too much time in the open spaces, you will get picked off easily. Kill Streaks are not as powerful but they can still help (or annoy)

Its taken a little while to get used to it but I do quite enjoy the MP - Whilst it may not be the best in the series (I do think it is a little too early to make that call yet as the DLC and patches can make the difference) it is a good addition and worthy of the name.

I haven't tried all that squads have to offer - some of it seems like a training exercise so maybe worth investigating if you are new to CoD or want to practice and learn the new maps as it offers combat against AI controlled soldiers. There is one mode I do play though and is similar to the survival mode on MW3. This however is for up to 4 players and you have to survive against waves of soldiers - good fun and I sometimes use this as a warm up to MP

After you have completed the prologue to the campaign (first mission) you will unlock Extinction mode. This is a little gem and is often compared to Zombies. This is for up to 4 players and you have differenty classes too. You also have different options in those classes (for example ammo type, kill streaks, armour etc...). You have to destroy hives as you make your way through, after all the hives are destroyed you have to arm a Nuke and make it back to the start area. Stopping you are hordes of Aliens (yes Aliens!). I recommend that you get a mic (if you haven't got one) and work together if you want to complete this. It is quite difficult without a mic as you may need to ask for ammo/armour etc and you need to make sure you have a mix of classes and abilities (ammo, armour etc) too - a lot easier if you can talk and arrange this. A great addition - only 1 map at the moment BUT I hear more could be added with the DLC

Overall the Graphics are good on the 360 - maybe not the best we have ever seen but still good. It may not be the best CoD game ever (although I say it is too early to make that call) but it is certainly worthy of the name. If you like the series then this is definitely worth picking up. The Hardened edition would be only recommended to those that really play the MP and will continue to play it through the year as it comes with the season pass. This will give you access to all the DLC at no extra cost (first on xbox too). Obviously the DLC could benefit Squads modes and Extinction too. If you are only interested in the campaign then get the standard version (you can always buy a season pass or the DLC separately if you want at a later date).

A good addition to the series but the changes haven't really made much of a difference in general

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!!, 13 Dec. 2013
I had very high expectations for this game. And it met every single one! From the multiplayer to the newly added extinction it is a full frontal. I highly recommend getting the hardened edition as it gives the player many extra DLC items (Downloadable content).

10/10

5 STARS!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Mixed bag, 11 Nov. 2014
A bit of an odd one this.

Extinction is Infinity Wards attempt at a Zombie mode. which is okay but never quite hits the highs of what it's trying to copy.

Multiplayer is the main event for many COD players so it probably came as a disappointment to many to learn that Infinity Ward has disregarded all that Treyarch did with their previous entry. It wouldn't be a problem if Ghosts was an improvement on Black Ops 2 but it feels more like IF were just being stubborn. "No, don't put Scorestreaks in it, we'll use Strike Packages because everybody loved MW3."

While DLC might not figure into other peoples reviews, it actually plays a big part in this entry. It may come as a shock to learn but the DLC actually is pretty good in this game and it's a good departure from the po-faced DLC from MW3. While I might praise the map packs, it have to express my growing concern with Micro-Transactions. What sort of muppet pays for a Wolf-skin for your dog killstreak? Who really cares if their soldier looks like Soap or any other character from the IW games? You wont see your soldier unless you're dying in the killcam or in the Create a Class menu, it's utterly pointless. I don't know what's scarier, them selling this Micro-DLC or people actually buying it... I just hope Video Games don't go the way of Freemium games...

So overall, bit of an odd game. At times it tries to be serious but it also throws in maps where you can play as the Predator or call in a squad of ghost pirates (yes there are real ghost in Ghosts, who would have though?).

5.0 out of 5 stars Great game poor servise, 7 Nov. 2013
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
The game itself is as COD always is just with a few twists and turns.
Extinction is obviously nothing like zombies apart from you kill creatures, Extinction is seriously addictive trying to destroy all the alien hives whilst deploying equipment for your team and visa versa it's a very welcome addition to ghosts.
The multilayer maps are HUGE well some of them that was the reason I dislike battlefields the huge maps and unfortunately COD seems to have slightly copied the huge map side of things,
They say no quick scoping is aloud a load of rubbish people still do that and it still highly irritates me!
Perks are done differently and making your own soldier for each class is a great addition you can change the colour or type or uniform you wear.
The guns don't seem much different just have different names.
Picking up the briefcase and doing the mission asked to earn either a gun box or some other type of help,
There is also points you can destroy so snipers can't camp but that just pointless as snipers camp EVERYWHERE so its not got rid of that problem. COD does seem to give advantage to snipers with all the new assault rifle/snipers that are now available and having huge maps just makes it harder for us run in sort of people!!!

The campaign is great!!
The others were getting dragged out soooo long having all new characters finally is brill, the beginning isn't as boring or dragged out as usual, the graphics are amazing there's not a million Intel to collect any more which I found better as there were too many some achievements are funny to get I got one for getting hit in the face with a photocopier need I say more :) The things you have to do are all different it feels so much better to play having an all new objective, you get more air time which did lack if you like shooting things from a fighter plane or helicopter if not then you wont like certain parts lol

In all a great game great for all COD fans I'd recommend this to everyone it is fantastic

As for AMAZON POOR POOR DELIVERY I as alot of people pre-ordered and didn't get it on release day I would recommend the game but not to pre-order things from amazon

3.0 out of 5 stars Not the best, but it has a few good bits., 15 Sept. 2014
I've played Modern Warfare 2 & 3 competitively for the past 5 years, and with this coming out, I felt that they'd have improved on the game, balancing it out, and generally making the online experience better. Unfortunately, that wasn't the case. The customisation options are good, but there are so many things FOR SALE, it makes it very hard to see past the publisher's marketing ploys. Also, the lack of theatre mode was incredibly disappointing, as both my friends and I like to save our highlights and reflect on them at later dates. Not the best, but an experience worth having.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good fun, 28 Jun. 2014
I am an OAP but find this really good fun joining in with the youngsters shooting enemy soldiers and constantly getting shot dead.

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok game 3 star, 25 July 2014
Good game the campaign kinda sucks for me and there is no one in the chamber which is a downfall but the hardened addition came with season pass!!! I got the ripper maverick and maverick sniper and new gun camo which is cool I also get all the docs for free with it and I get a band thing it's a good accessory but it's still a good game apart from one in the chamber. And campaign but multiplayer is really good fun goog collection of maps

5.0 out of 5 stars ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT!!, 4 Jan. 2015
ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT !!!What a bargain for £9.99 I have not stopped playing this since it arrived even earlier than promised ! This is one of the best Call Of Duty games I have ever played,the online multiplayer is so much better than any of the others in the Call Of Duty series as you actually get to play than than just get killed as soon as you respawn & the Alien extinction mode is just fantastic.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing product, 11 Dec. 2014
This title is amazing, it comes with a game disc, an install disc, a season pass and an official Ghosts wristband that the characters in the game wear. Postage time was very quick. Easy to install DLC. Great deal as it was half price when I bought it at £20. I have a friend who already has the game and in the same week I bought this bought a season pass for £30.

5.0 out of 5 stars COD - Ghosts!, 3 Mar. 2015
T Westwood (Cornwall, England) - See all my reviews
This game is amazing! I played Black Ops II before starting this campaign, and they're two worlds apart!

Graphics - amazing!
Storyline - enthralling!
The fact you have a dog - amazing!

I was bored by Black Ops II, but thankfully this game restored my faith in the COD franchise!

Call of Duty: Ghosts - Hardened Edition (Xbox 360)