Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£9.35

on 8 August 2013
In this book Claire provides detailed advice about every aspect of teaching drums from advertisng to find students to planning your teaching programme.It contains excellent insights and suggestions for every thing new drum teachers need to know before they start to develop a successful teaching practice and that esatblished teachers can use to boost their own practice.

I've been teaching drum kit for 20 years in different capacities and as a qualified primary school teacher I have specific training and qualifications to teach but having read this book I've already started to think about how I can adapt my drum teaching practice. I bought this book and downloaded it to my Kindle and started reading. Before I had finished reading the introduction I had stopped reading and gone to look at a document I had written a few years ago and never implemented in my teaching.Needless to say I will now be reviewing this document to put it into use with my students.

This book would have been a huge help when I started teaching 20yrs ago and also when I decided to expand my teaching when I relocated from South Wales to Yorkshire and has given me lots to think about to expand the services I offer to current and potential students.I urge anyone who currently teaches drums or is thinking about becoming a drum teacher to read this book.

While this book has been written for drum teachers much of the advice contained in it would also be of benefit to teachers of other instruments.

David Richards BAEd(HONS)Mus QTS
Drumkit and Orchestral Percussion Teacher
[...]
on 9 July 2014
A good booklet and it made me think, but you will need to research a lot more on teaching technique and drum books to use if you are serious about your drum teaching. This is a very worthwhile booklet, but it won't turn you into a great teacher alone, read Paul Harris if you are serious!
on 23 October 2013
This book covers a great amount of areas involved with teaching. Besides giving a great framework on what to teach, it also covers a lot of other avenues such as promoting yourself. I like the way it was written with some casual grammar, makes it feel like you were discussing these things face to face. Throughly recommend it.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 20 September 2015
A useful tool for people looking to start up drum tuition.

There isn't absolutely everything you need to know in this book, but it can help greatly.

Join the Musician's Union too and between this book and them, you'll just about be there.
on 21 September 2013
If you are looking for some guidance on how to become a better drum/percussion teacher then this is the book for you, full of use full tips and ideas,and very well written.
on 20 September 2014
I wish there was a book like this when I started teaching!!
Anyone who's thinking of starting to teach drums should read it, their life will be a lot easier.
on 2 March 2015
An absolute must read for any drum tutor. Make sure this is one book you have in your drum library.
on 24 July 2014
Don't be deceived by the title of this book, it doesn't really teach you how to teach the drums; rather it discusses things like how to set up a Wordpress site and market yourself; whether to charge for 30 min or 60 min lessons, doing lessons via Skype, etc., which is all common sense really. You've got to admire the entrepreneurial spirit of this "author", but publishing this book has taken it a step too far and just seems to me to be another way to earn a bit of cash. And the chatty nudge-nudge wink-wink tone is unbearable. Avoid!