5.0 out of 5 stars HIGHEST RECOMMENDATION, 16 Aug 2013
Pete Bennett (London United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Wordpress SEO - On-Page SEO for your Wordpress Site (Webmaster Series Book 4) (Kindle Edition)
If you are using, or intend to use, Worpress as your website development platform, you NEED to read this book if you want to maximise your organic traffic.

I've been following Dr Andy's work for the last decade or so and have always structured my websites along the principles he describes and I'm happy to report that they've sold a tad over 9M since 2003 (That's not the same as profit Mr HMRC) based at least partly on organic traffic.

But times are changing.

The introduction of Google's Panda and Penguin updates have reeked havoc on many sites - including some of mine - hence it's time to do things differently.

Dr Andy's book describes, step-by-step exactly how.

You see, whilst Wordpress is a great platform, it has features built into it which unless tamed are potentially *disastrous* for SEO in the post Panda/Penguin era.

None of the configuration options described in this book are difficult, it's just that unless you know about them your site is going to have 'duplicate content' written all over it - food for Google's menagerie of slappers. Something you'll want to avoid.

You'll also want to protect yourself by claiming your content through Google authorship - it's all covered here.

There is also a great section on choosing the right hosting account. Performance is an increasing important part of ranking well and so you'll want to make sure that where your site lives is appropriate to the demands of Wordpress. Any old cheapo shared hosting account won't cut it if you are serious about your business. Recommendations are given.

Dr Andy has been kind enough to release drafts of this work to me whilst he's been working on it over the last few months and so I have read it from cover to cover many times.

Having said that, I want to be clear, I have NO financial interest in the success or otherwise of this book, I'm recommending it because I believe it's a MUST Read and I want you to be successful.

Dr Andy is clearly a very clever man. But, with respect to him, he must struggle with figures as the book's on sale too cheap. If it were 200 it would still be a steal, so go grab it quick before he realises the decimal point's in the wrong place :)

With thanks to Dr Andy for adding more great value to the SEO world. You're a star.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dr Andy does it again, 23 Aug 2013
I am a huge fan of Dr Andy's writing and have virtually all his books. The two reasons for this are a) he puts in the research time and has excellent analytical skills and b) he can put technical points across in a way that even a non-technical person such as me can understand.

This book is no exception to the rule. If you run a Wordpress blog and you want to get visitors, this book is a no-brainer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent advice, 26 Feb 2014
I've been running Wordpress websites for years and never taken my site speed seriously. Thanks for Dr Williams advice my site speed profile has rocketed. I've learnt a great deal about how to make the most from Cache and SEO plugins.

4.0 out of 5 stars Full of clear, straight-forward and relevant information on SEO, 10 Oct 2013
Grant Ramsay - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
There is some very good information in this book which is well presented - and it's a decent length too.

The author explains the theory behind and the need for good Search Engine Optimization in Wordpress as well as helps us understand how this is a fluid and constantly changing field when search engines can change their algorithms overnight. He clearly points out that Wordpress as default configured can actually HURT your SEO ranking, and how to fix this. He goes through the best practice for every stage of your Wordpress usage - posts, pages, tags, moderation of comments and much more.

You will also find a good selection of must-have plugins for Wordpress (not all of which are SEO specific) - many of which I already use though I did find a couple new gems also.

Dr Andy also goes into depth on the Google Analytics and Authorship programs, and why you should be using these and other website statistic systems.

The importance of a good Wordpress theme is noted, and although some of his tips and information are based around a specific theme framework he does show you alternatives to get the same effect using standard themes. Reading this convinced me to change my theme ;)

All in all, a straightforward useful resource that I will be dipping in to regularly - even better for me since I caught it when it was free. However, I would have gladly paid the asking price.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Resource, 19 Aug 2013
I purchased this kindle book on the recommendation of someone whose opinion I trust. The content was very easy to follow and the screen shots helped illustrate what was being discussed. I am not an IT expert but have been using WordPress for about 4 years. I think having even a basic understanding of WordPress and plugins will help you get the most from this book.