5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to set up, excellent performance!
I am really glad that I settled on this particular model. I spent a great deal of time comparing different makes and reading all of the reviews. Some of the reviews mentioned problems setting up etc which may scare some people off, so here is my honest straightforward experience of setting it up:

1) Plugged the TP-Link TL-WPA281into the extension block that...
Published 5 months ago by Data Ghost

3.0 out of 5 stars Works ok some of the time
Added this to existing non wireless powerline network running of bt home hub 3 to resolve weak wireless signal at other end of house to router.

It did not pick up the wps settings automatically as advertised despite several attempts to get it to work and following instructions religiously. As others have said about this product the instructions that come with...
Published 8 months ago by JJF

‹ Previous | 16 7 816 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, 10 April 2014
Took me a short while to get set up after reading the instructions but no major dramas. My router supports WPS so it was just a case of pressing a button on my router and then pressing the pair button on this device and it cloned my wifi network. Now getting speeds of up to 70mbps when I was getting about 0.2 before! Very happy, would definitely recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, 9 April 2014
This review is from: TP-Link TL-WPA281 V3 AV200 Powerline 300M Wi-Fi Extender/ Wi-Fi Booster with 2 Ethernet Ports (Accessory)
Does exactly what it says on the tin. I have an old router which doesn't like my relatively new notebook PC. Plugged this in, paied with my router and all is well now.

1.0 out of 5 stars UNABLE TO RETURN FAULTY ITEM DROPPING CLONE WI FI CONTINUOUSLY BECAUSE OF AMAZON 30 DAY WINDOW, 9 April 2014

STUCK WITH A FEW OF THEM THAT ALL DROP THE CLONED WIFI

4.0 out of 5 stars Connectivity, 8 April 2014
We needed this to enhance wireless connectivity for smart phones in the house where the wireless signal from the router was too weak to give consistent connections. It took a little while to pair it with the router needing several resets before I succeeded but once connected has done just what was needed and it still has the wired connections available for laptops if required. This is now part of an 8 plug powerline home network which ensures PC's, laptops & TV's can all connect via broadband and smart phones can also use this broadband at home rather than eat into the mobile network allowance while browsing. Well worthwhile spending the time and effort into getting it all set up.

5.0 out of 5 stars TP Link Powerline WiFi Extender, 5 April 2014
The simplest setup you could hope for. Simple instructions and if you follow them you will not have any problems.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great device, discrete and good wifi strength, 4 April 2014
Pair this with a couple of the bargain 200Mbps devices from TP Link to replace an 85Mbps setup which was starting to show signs of age.

Setup was rapid, and wifi strength more than adequate. I've got this device in the far corner of my house and the wifi comfortably extends up two floors above and radiates well beyond the room that it is in horizontally too. Note I'm not using this as a range extender, I'm using this as a powerline adaptor with Wifi broadcast - I don't know if this makes a difference to the output wifi capabilities (I can imagine that it might, if one aerial was setup to receive and another to broadcast perhaps?)

Would highly recommend this!

4.0 out of 5 stars Extends my wifi, 1 April 2014
R. Dainty (UK) - See all my reviews
Having put in a TP extender to my ensure a good connection for my smart TV I then bought this to ensue a good wifi signal throughout my house. Result, I now have strong signal in all rooms. Why not five stars? I couldn't get it to transmit on the same logon as my router so I now have two separate logins. Not a big deal but if the instruction manual was better I could have sorted it.

1.0 out of 5 stars WiFi works for only a few hours after power cycling., 27 Mar 2014
D. Tay (Philadelphia, PA USA) - See all my reviews
I have two of these WPA4220, (as opposed to the KIT which has one WPA4220 and one PA4010).

They paired up out of the box.

And the pair button and procedure also works to un-pair and re-pair.

Although it is not obvious whether the powerline connection is encrypted or not, I can only assume that the AV500 protocol is *always* encrypted when a pairing is successful.

The main problem I have with this is that the WiFi is intermittently unusable. i.e. clients cannot obtain IPs even when well within range and signal strength is full, and even when wired connection works.

I was unable to get RMA at my local (Singapore) TP-Link distributor because I could not reproduce the problem within the few minutes that I had in their office.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just Brilliant, 26 Mar 2014
Cheap as chips. Easy to set up. Not dropped the signal once. Anyone who says that can't pair to another unit definitely hasn't read the instructions. I'd got it up and running in 10 minutes including the two minutes to run from the unit upstairs to the unit downstairs and cloning the wifi network. The signal in my kitchen is brilliant and I can run internet applications from my TV and iPads etc with a very strong signal. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars TP link booster/extender., 25 Mar 2014
Mr. James C. (West Midlands U.K.) - See all my reviews
I bought a TP link extender to use in an area of the house which had a very poor signal (broadband rated at 50 meg). I typically used to get about 2 to 3 mps at best. Using the extender, which, incidentally, was simple to set up, now boosts the download speed to 35 to 45 meg. I have since bought a second extender to use in our summer house, which is at least 40 metres from the hub. Previously there was no signal, now I get a minimum of 35 meg.
As I said, I found it simple to set up and I'm in my 70's. I would not hesitate to recommend this to anyone needing to improve their signal strength.

‹ Previous | 16 7 816 | Next ›