1,023 Reviews

1,594 of 1,630 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Google showing the competition how it's done
I wanted to post this review to focus on the few negative points regarding this phone so that people are more aware about what they are buying. I feel that there is enough information about the positive aspects on this phone available so I will only discuss these briefly. You may be therefore asking why I gave this product 5 stars, the main reason being that, for me, the...
Published 13 months ago by Bobinho

3.0 out of 5 stars disapaointed
I bought this phone a few days ago. From the start I am having troubles making and receiving calls. Now my texts are sending twice if stall and its finding it hard to recive texts. I have signal but lower then useual. Have checked the updates and all seems to be up to date. Can anyone help? If I could get these issues sorted I would absolutely love it.
Published 4 months ago by mummy of 3

‹ Previous | 178 79 80103 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars bargain, 7 Jan 2014
This review is from: Moto G 8GB Sim Free Smartphone - Black (discontinued by manufacturer) (Electronics)
i bought this phone but without a cd hard to understand all the features without looking it up on the internet. charging on my pc didn't work and doesn't come with wall charger. although did charge up on my tv. since bought a wall charger for £4.40 on ebay and that works fine Overall a brill phone would say...(defo but it)

5.0 out of 5 stars What a pleasant surprise, 6 Jan 2014
Everything on this cellphone is awesome! even the most "Not so great" feature that is the 5mp camera, takes awesome photos, especially with HDR activated... Super fast and even in gaming (like EA's Real Racing 3) it performed outstandingly well!

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 6 Jan 2014
It's an amazing phone for its price. It's fast, sounds good, the camera is better than I expected and the battery lasts almost 2 days.
I'm always connected to my Owncloud server back home so I don't feel the need for more space on the phone everything gets sent there (photos, videos, music)... with pretty much unlimited storage space.
I really love my new handset and am waiting anxiously the kitkat upgrade.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, 6 Jan 2014
Phone is the best in his category(budget class), still waiting for the Kitkat update for outside of US users. So far have had only a pleasant experience. 10/10 would buy again.

5.0 out of 5 stars A very happy Newbie, 5 Jan 2014
Mrs. I. B. Bromelow (Lancashire) - See all my reviews
I have never had a Smartphone before,so I did a lot of research and decided the MotoG was for me I watched lotsof videos about it on YouTube which were very helpful.I was surprised though that none of them mentioned how to use it as a phone which wasn't easy.I eventually found the MotoG User Guide which explained everything,and I recommend the Guide to other users.The Camera has been heavily criticised,but I don't think it is too bad. You can edit,filter and even frame photos,and I did a great video of my dog playing with his toys. It picked up my WiFi at once and also my contacts from my computer.I love the Voice system - I hardly ever type now,I just dictate a message.The Apps are good particularly BBC iplayer - it is much better than the one on my computer which is always stuttering or freezing.The Guide told me how to delete Apps and other things (which none of the YOUTube videos did)The volume control works well - I can hear my callers quite clearly.I am still experimenting with different features,but certainly up to now I have no complaints. I don't know how Motorola can do it for the price,but I am glad that they did.

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect!, 5 Jan 2014
motorola gave us a fantastic smartphone, for 170 euro you won't find a better phone than this one.
In jenuary should arrive the kikkat update so you will have your cell updated asap. Buy it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Much better than the price would suggest, 4 Jan 2014
For a phone to cost this little unlocked there have to be compromises made— usually a terrible battery life, a blurry mess of a screen, or shoddy build quality, but the Moto G has none of that. The assembly of the whole device is solid (the removable back cover takes a considerable amount of force to remove, and there is no flex nor give anywhere), the screen is gorgeous, and the battery lasts multiple days on a charge with light use. The phone performs pretty well too, even with multiple apps open.

If I have to nitpick, the limited storage is the biggest issue, making it hard to replace a dedicated music player with the phone. The camera, too, is only adequate— I was not particularly impressed by the quality of the pictures taken, but it is fast to focus and shoot. I personally did not care at all for the lack of LTE, but other people might feel more strongly about that.

Overall, it's a fantastic device, making all the right compromises to come at an increbily alluring price.

5.0 out of 5 stars does all you need really, 4 Jan 2014
Mr. P. Dunphy "funderwhirl" (Belfast, Northern Ireland) - See all my reviews
I have an iphone 5 but bought this for my girlfriend. Having set it up and used it quite a bit, I like it as much as the iphone, if not more. The iphone seems built to be be broken, get water damaged, scratched etc -- a total liability. This phone on the other hand, is sturdy, already has a scratch-proof water resistant screen (from what I've read) and is slick with all its apps and functionality. A winner. 8GB is fine since most things (streaming music) etc are in the cloud anyway!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic phone, 3 Jan 2014
I bought it from Spain. It arrived quickly and wihout problems. The phone is fantastic for this price. Bery good if you are looking for a good phone without spend much money.

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect!, 3 Jan 2014
i waited 3 years to buy a smartphone that is not to expensive and satisfy every need a smartphone can satisfy ,
this is it, it works superbly .
i still recommend complexed people to spend 700 eur on an iphone,