5.0 out of 5 stars Well well well!
Initially I thought.... some bogus card or I get more stupid every day...

Lets start from beggining.

I updated router to one of those fastest Nighthawk 7000 (sweeet router!!!), immediately seiing extreme smoothness back with my virgin internet (and i mean it! i prune network properly every day!).

I tested then some speeds versus my...
Published 4 months ago by Brutal De Luxe

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing
Published 7 months ago by T. Newman

5.0 out of 5 stars Well well well!, 1 Mar 2014
This review is from: Asus PCE-AC68 Dual Band Wireless PCI Express Network Interface Card (Accessory)
Initially I thought.... some bogus card or I get more stupid every day...

Lets start from beggining.

I tested then some speeds versus my devices, and i realised that my galaxy phone was faster than my powerful desktop!

I quickly realised it was the old tp link network card that was slowing down and my phone used new 5Ghz wireless connection (tplink used only 2.4Ghz)!!!

So what I did, same as always, came to amazon seeking for some upgrade.

I found this card. I run linux only (unless at work) and I found quickly driver to install it - card started immediately working.

Initially I thought there was something wrong as transfers "stucked" around 32MB - well it was bad router setting at 1300 MB mode :) For some reason the driver is not ready yet for that - so I switched to 600MB speed - and believe me - I have wireless "like wired" connection now.

Very stable.

Very fast.

Very happy.

One cons - I am expecting some updates in linux drivers for 1300 mode (not sure how this is related but it is).

Anyway, who cares 1300... I love stability and way I load it heavily with networking and still can play counter-strike with ping 8
- very impressed as this was normally possible only with cable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 21 Nov 2013
Installed in a matter of minutes, provides a great connection for streaming HD video etc. This is probably the best wireless card I've seen so far.

And it's Haswell compatible too - a must for the wireless gamer, definitely worth the extra few bucks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to install, extremely fast!, 29 April 2014
Very happy with this, was easy to fit and worked immediately and without any issues. Very fast as well especially when combined with an AC router.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 20 May 2014
Picks up WiFi networks from the other side of quite a long house built with brick internal walls. Nothing else I'd bought did this, so I'm very impressed.

802.11ac speeds with my Apple Airport Exteme are also excellent.

Highly recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars Impressive Download Speed Increase, 11 Nov 2013
Bought this item to replace a Netgear WNA3100 USB adapter that only connected to the internet intermittently, meaning I spent almost as much time reseating the dongle and booting and rebooting my PC as actually using it; and when it did work, its download speed was pathetic.

So I decided to go the internal card route this time, and am I pleased I did! Download speed went from a weedy 3-6 Mbps on our BT Infinity line to the expected 45-50 Mbps - not too shabby on 1960's phone wiring!

One thing that is worth noting is that even though this is a PCIe x1 card, in my PC the x1 slot is blocked by the graphics card - it is therefore actually installed in a PCIe x8 slot and will work fine in any speed PCIe slot even though its connector looks very small in the larger slots.

Highly recommended if you are not afraid to open up your PC case to install it.

5.0 out of 5 stars working great., 1 Oct 2013
I have fitted this to my tower today and had it up and running in 5 minutes. The card was fitted easily and the installation disc did it's stuff without issue. There is an increase in speed according to the software when compared to my previous adaptor which was an edimax usb (300mbps). I've also tried streaming movies to a smart tv using the AC68 and all is well. I also understand that the AC68 doesn't have the same issues as the AC66 did when it was used with certain motherboards. Now I'm just waiting for my replacement router to see if the performance matches the manufacturer's claims.

5.0 out of 5 stars ACE, 15 Mar 2014
Pros

-Fast, Very fast
-Stable(ish)
-Stylish
-Magnetic Antenna base( VERY useful)
-Very big range(5 bars from the other side of my house!!)

Cons
- Can drop wireless from time to time (the actual card not the router, but its only a case of disconnect then reconnect, only happens rarely.)
- Expensive
-Can only pick up 5G on channels lower than 48

Overall its a solid product, highly recommended, i can hit speeds of 60-62 in peak hours exactly what i get from an Ethernet. you really do get what you pay for and I urge you to spend the extra money on this product. No physical problems with the card but the 5G problem is nothing a driver update can't solve(ETA Spring 2014).

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 3 Dec 2013
Purchased this card as a replacement for the ASUS AC66 card that proved to be incompatible with Z87 chipset. Unfortunately I've seen similar problems with this card. No BSOD this time but problem loading the utility and driver in Windows 8. The AC68 utility (latest from ASUS site)loaded and ran as administrator, locked up windows desktop when starting, only way to recover was to go into Task manager and stop it to get access to desktop. Also system would not restart when card and drivers installed would go through the closing down of windows then PC would sit powered but no restart attempt suggesting still some hardware or driver issues. replaced with old Edimax N card to get stable running system again. Have not been able to get any effective support from ASUS technical support group. Not sure if this is still some of the Z87 issues but please be aware.

1.0 out of 5 stars Avoid it, 12 Feb 2014
It drops my connection under heavy usage even though my motherboard is Asus Maximus Vi Formula! It cannot handle wireless at all despite being 5 meters away, my 3000 PC is forced to use Ethernet cable!