4.0 out of 5 stars A good album with some stand out tracks
Before this album I was not an avid listener of Derulo, I only listened to his released tracks tracks in the charts. This is the first album of his I have litened to in it's entirety and I'm glad I did as otherwise there are songs of his that I would never have discovered.

Published 15 months ago by Pepper

3.0 out of 5 stars Great price
I am a huge Jason Derulo fan and thought the price of this CD was fantastic so I couldn't resist. I listen to it everyday in my car, however i noticed my friend had the same CD from a store and her version had 2 or 3 more songs on it that weren't on my CD..!?!
Confusing, but I still love the album!
Published 8 months ago by EMcKay

4.0 out of 5 stars A good album with some stand out tracks, 23 Sep 2013
This review is from: Tattoos (Audio CD)

The album begins with the debut single 'The Other Side'. This is a typical Derulo song, sure to get radio play and a good chart position, but it is also 'safe'. It is very much like his previous songs 'Don't wanna go home', 'riding solo' etc. It's not a bad song, but you'd be wrong to think it is a different sound or the best song on the album. 8/10

'Talk Dirty; (Feat. 2 Chainz) follows, and this IS a catchy and 'different' track. It sounds distinctive, with it's beat and somewhat 'naughty' lyrics. Although it might have been risky to have released this as the first single, it is my favourite song on the album. 10/10

'Marry Me' is also a great track, a nice ballad to follow the previous upbeat tracks. It's a romantic song, very soothing and one of the best tracks on the album. 9.5/10

'Tattoo' is an ok song, but it is not the best. It is a typical pop song, good on the first few listens but then gets a bit samey after that. 6/10

'Trumpets' follows, which in my opinion is a mistake to put these songs together. They seem to merge into one with their similarity. This is definitely a 'filler' track. 5/10

'Vertigo' (Feat. Jordin Sparks) was a definite grower for me. At first I didn't like it, but now it is up there as one of my favourites. It is another ballad, this time with Jordin Sparks and their melodies work well together. 9/10

It seems that artists believe that dueting a song with 'mr 305' himself will earn them an instant club smasher, as Derulo demonstrates with 'Fire' (Feat. Pitbull). This song is what you expect it to be, a typical upbeat song, a typical dance track. 8/10

'Side Fx' (Feat. The Game) is a bit of a mess. It sounds odd and is not a track that has 'pulled' me. 4/10

'Stupid Love' is another ballad track that I love. I am surprised that on a Derulo album he has so many good 'slow' songs, as before I had type casted him as purely a pop singer with tracks for dance clubs. 'Stupid Love' gets 8.5/10

When I first heard 'With The Lights On' I couldn't stop listening to it. It's catchy, but gets a bit annoying after a while with it's constant reference to his 'iphone 5' 7/10

'Rest Of Our Life' is a boring ending to the album. The closing track in my opinion should have been 'vertigo'. 2.5/10

This album has encouraged me to listen to more of Derulo's discography, and while there are admittedly weaker tracks on this album there are also great ones. If you like pop music you should give this a chance.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Great Album, 1 Dec 2013
This review is from: Tattoos (Audio CD)
Another great album by Jason, I have his last one and I would say this is just as good.
If you are a fan you will love it and if your not I think you will still like it a lot

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Fantastic Album, 27 Sep 2013
This review is from: Tattoos [Explicit] (MP3 Download)
I have Jason Derulo's previous Future history album which is also fantastic, and i I was reading some of the other reviews for this and wondered was it not as good . But if you are a fan of Jason Derulo then ignore all the negative comments, this album is Excellent!! buy buy buy!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Jason D's Tattoos album!, 25 Mar 2014
MrE (E Midlands, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Tattoos (Audio CD)
A great album, very easy listening with some great hits. A must for any fan and it includes the MP3 version free. What more needs to be said.

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing, 11 Oct 2013
This review is from: Tattoos [Explicit] (MP3 Download)
this album has got 5 stars because it is amazing i have been waiting a year for this album and it was 100% worth it ,the songs are great and catchy ,his tour is comming up and that should be amazing to ,this ablum is 1 of his best .i cant wait to see him and listen to these realy fantastic songs again at his consert .also the price of the album is realy cheap and is worth it .must have album .download it now !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!!, 5 Oct 2013
This review is from: Tattoos (Audio CD)
Perfection like always, would recommend to anyone who enjoys up beat party music, jason is just amazing. fantastic Excellent .

5.0 out of 5 stars Good album, 14 July 2014
This review is from: Tattoos (Audio CD)
Good album - like this one - all the songs are good

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 7 July 2014
Perfect

5.0 out of 5 stars love jd., 6 Jun 2014
This review is from: Tattoos (Audio CD)
Really impressed, love all the songs on here, a bit rude for my children to listen too, but we just skip the rude songs.

5.0 out of 5 stars cd, 4 Jun 2014
Lesley (Newcastle upon Tyne) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tattoos (Audio CD)
Jason Derulo Tattoos DVD. I bought this for my sister who absolutely loves him - I like some of his tracks too.

Tattoos
Tattoos by Jason Derulo (Audio CD - 2013)