5.0 out of 5 stars Happiness Revealed?
A short simple book that takes the reader on a gentle journey with Giles which ends with him sharing his 7 secrets fo happiness. These are not necessarily secret, but they are primarily undiscovered or maybe unappreciated. I loved this book, it made me feel happy and it made me feel like I could think about these things and I would feel happy again- what more could I ask?
Published 11 months ago by Mazza

3.0 out of 5 stars Short and fun but lacks depth or uniqueness
This is a decent book and fun to read (I read it in the bath as it is tiny) but I missed any reference to any eastern points of view on mindfulness and chi and found it a little too shallow.
Published 4 months ago by Simon Scott

5.0 out of 5 stars Happiness Revealed?, 11 Oct 2013
This review is from: The 7 Secrets of Happiness: An Optimist's Journey (Kindle Edition)

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting Treatise, 1 Oct 2013
ACB (swansea) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)
Gyles Brandreth writes about happiness. The 7 secrets are not revelationary. They are the starting point of his subject. What he has done is to illustrate the difficulties and possible thoughts on striving to achieve the nebulous goal of 'what is happiness?'. He takes the reader through a factual, anecdotal and personal narrative.

This is a short and entertaining postulation of what makes a person happy in the short and more difficult long-term. It is food for thought and his own case history, aided with discussion alongside psychiatrist Anthony Clare, adds to the philosophy of happiness. We could equally add 'what is good?'. It is probably individualistic, but contentment with enjoyment may be one long-term solution as opposed to a quick fix.

5.0 out of 5 stars Do you need seven secrets to be happy?, 7 Oct 2013
This review is from: 7 Secrets of Happiness (Paperback)
I bought this for the old man and he can't put it down. This will be read over and over again and will probably never leave our small but select library.

5.0 out of 5 stars Happiness, 8 Oct 2013
A Very uplifting inspiring and humerous read. Gyles is a clever word smith. The only bad thing I have to say about this book - it was too short!!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Short and fun but lacks depth or uniqueness, 30 April 2014
Too much in this book of "me and the old boys were in the houses of parliament having a rather smug time" stuff going on here for my liking, despite a few good stories, and I'm not a royalist either so yawned a few times at some of the pomposity. Overall it may wake a few people up and help a few people who want some stress busters but it's nothing special and I'd borrow it from the library rather than pay for this book if I were you.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not really for me, 23 Oct 2013
This review is from: 7 Secrets of Happiness (Paperback)
I was disappointed that you had to get to the end of the book before you got to the ' 7 Secrets of Happiness'. I thought there was a lot of information that I had read before in the general sense, and it really didn't tell me anything I didn't know before. I feel as though the book was advertised as being 'something different' but I don't share that view.

5.0 out of 5 stars simple but concise, 22 Sep 2013
Very good book. Short-ish, but did not need to be longer. Common sense, but it needs to be said sometimes!

5.0 out of 5 stars Truth in a small package, 15 Sep 2013
This review is from: 7 Secrets of Happiness (Paperback)
Unlike many "self help" books, there is no padding, just the content of an insightful talk on Happiness.
Despite a slightly larky persona on morning television, Gyles Brandreth is a very intelligent decent chap who has managed to capture some real insight here.
Its a quick, accessible read for sure, but holds much food for thought.
A lovely book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth a read, 19 Oct 2013
This review is from: 7 Secrets of Happiness (Paperback)
A short book, easy read, in a humorous style but there are home truths within. Easy to understand, no complex psychology and so true.

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 26 Jan 2014
I was hoping for more than this book actually delivered - I had read what I thought was a short part of it in the Sunday paper and liked what I read so bought this. Quite a boring read really, apart from a few interesting ideas - most of which had already been in the paper so there wasn't much point paying out for the book.