Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£1.99

on 18 August 2013
You are always guaranteed an excellent read when you pick up one of Mary Wood`s books. I have read all Mary`s books and have never been disappointed. Judge Me Not is the kind of story you can cuddle up on a sofa with and be sure of yet another absorbing read. The story flows beautifully with the characters Mary has created, plus Mary has the exceptional ability to make the reader feel as though they are witnessing the events on each page - a mark of an excellent author, which in my opinion Mary is. If you like historical novels I`m sure once you have read one of Mary`s wonderful books, you will become an avid follower of this lovely lady - her love of writing clearly shows in her novels. I`m eagerly waiting for the next book in this trilogy and know I will be hooked once again from the first page. Mo Ainley xx
on 19 August 2013
when ruths mammy dies as a result of an accident involving a coach as they trudge the countryside looking for work they are blamed. there is another death and ruth and her sibling are arrested. ruth is put in jail, i wont say what happens to her brother or sister.ruth has an affliction, a club foot, that makes the village believe she is a witch.
when she is in prison, she is treated terribly,as is her sister. ruth escapes.
she gets in with josh, a lovely man who lives with his Ma. they take her into there home, josh falls in love with her, but Ruth has feelings for the new earl of harrogate, although they have only met briefly, as rose and her sibling were blamed for the death of the earls brother. it would be an impossible love match, but he also cant get ruth out of his mind.
ruth and josh live happily as pretend husband and wife, they cant get married as she is still hiding in his farm. josh feels sorry for a young boy, who has to keep his family, they are starving. he gives him a job, ruth recognises him, and he her. spitefully he tells the village, who come to the farm as a baying gang. they try to get to her, someone dies in the fight (wont say who)they tie her to the stake in the middle of the bonfire, will she die, will someone save her.??? i wont say any more as i am scared i will put a spoiler in.
i will say i adored JUDGE ME NOT. really sad when it ended. there is a follow on in the making. i cant wait for it to come out.
i love all mary wood books, the breckton trilogy was fantastic as was the spin off, time passes time. her books just get better and better.if i could give ten stars for judge me not, i would. i would compare mary wood with anna jacobs, jo cox, freda lightfoot, all greats, and mary is up there with them. well done Mary, keep writing, i need to read the second book. i love the title too. its what drew me to the book,please forgive my grammar in my writing, readers, but i do speak from my heart. read the book, you will love it, it has romance, hate, love, fear, i would recommend it to all readers, men and women, young and old.x
on 14 August 2013
judge me not had me gripped from the first page the characters are amazing good / bad and down right cruel brilliant story certainly not disappointing that's for sure well done to the author cant wait for mary wood other book in this saga ...for other customers reading this review the author has other books and I highly recommend them ...roll on the next one
on 13 August 2013
Yet another fantastic read from Mary. Once started couldn't put it down. The story flows and you can feel the passion of Mary's words throughout the story.

Can't wait for the next instalment x x
on 17 November 2013
Having read all of Mary's previous books I knew I was in for a treat with Judge Me Not. Like her other books I was drawn into the story from the start and the characters were so real to me. Every chapter has twists and turns making it impossible to predict what will happen next. Mary you have excelled yourself once again to the delight of your readers. I'd urge anyone who likes historical sagas to read your books - I'm sure they won't be disappointed. I eagerly await your next book
on 28 September 2013
I wish I had read these novels in chronological order as I found some parts confusing when characters were mentioned who were not in the current book. The actual story is very similar to Catherine Cookson's style of writing so if you like her, you'll love this.
55 comments|3 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 23 November 2013
Another page turner from Mary Wood! With all her books you cant put them down and the stories are full of history, love, destruction, envy, lust, love...oh, I could go on! I just love the fact I learn so much about life in another era with Mary's books as well.

Discrimination is such a controversial subject and in this story you see how it destroys lives !

One thread all through Mary Woods books is the divide between upper class and lower class and it is so fascinating to see how people deal with these and it really does give you an insight into the past and just how hard life was, even for the rich!

Again, loved this book and was just sad that it was the last book of Mary Wood....just waiting for her new book in anticipation!!!!!!
on 2 October 2013
What can I say that hasn't already been said about this book. It is full of drama and excitement which takes the reader on a journey through the world of a handicapped young woman. You feel her pain, misery and fear but her stregnth to overcome is greater than the negatives.

Losing her mother when her siblings were so young put her in the position of looking after them, but even this was taken from her. The story takes you from one nightmare to another through different members of her family but Mary Wood is brilliant at producing a great story and I'm giving nothing else away as I don't want to spoil it for others. Looking forward to any planned sequel that might be buzzing around Mary's head.

Highly recommended.
on 7 October 2013
Read the book on holiday and enjoyed it. Stretched the imagination sometimes but found it easy reading with good storyline
on 20 August 2013
This book is excellent, I cannot wait to read the sequel. I was gutted when I finished it. I just wish that it was longer