5.0 out of 5 stars I laughed so hard I cried....and then I really cried
This book is pure perfection. I don't think my review even has a chance to do this book justice.
I'll say it again: It's perfect.
Perfect, because of the colorful and original yet real characters. Perfect, because of the intelligent, humorous and witty writing style. Perfect, because of the right mix of sexy, erotic, sweet, heart-warming and heart-breaking...
Published 6 months ago by LittleDarling

1.0 out of 5 stars Overpriced
Tamed and Tied are both overpriced for e-books. I will wait until they are reduced before I read them.
Published 5 months ago by Annie

4.0 out of 5 stars A feel good book with lots of hot sex and smiles!, 29 July 2014
✰✰ Review ✰✰

I have to say that I absolutely fell in love with the characters that are Matthew and Dee. I’ve liked all the books in this series but this one pulled me in more. I believe it was Matthew that did it. It was told in his POV, from a man, a player and a non bulls***ter. He says it like it is and I loved that. You don’t need to read the other books to understand where he is coming from but I would recommend you do for more insight.

I loved that we get the male POV and brutal honesty into the mans way of thinking. Male views on life are quite scary to some women but I realised a long time ago, think like a man and act like a man then you don’t get hurt. (Sounds good right?).

I read this like I was taking in a deep breath of fresh air, I adored and really respected Dee and Matthew. I laughed so hard my belly hurt and I also cried a little at times when I delved inside the minds of this couple. I knew how it would end but seeing their journey was very pleasurable. Mackenzie makes a starring role and once again she is unforgettable. I look forward to the day we get her book in her teenage years with her daddy and uncles overseeing her!

Some people like fluff and roses but I’m into reality. The best way to get over someone is to get under someone else. Right?? Read this and you will find out.

I related to a lot of this story, it made me laugh so much because the humour was part of the build to the sex life, it was the way they worked, at first with no cares, then playful, finally along came the feelings. A feel good book with lots of hot sex and smiles to go with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars I laughed so hard I cried....and then I really cried, 27 July 2014
This review is from: Tamed (The Tangled Series Book 3) (Kindle Edition)
I'll say it again: It's perfect.
Perfect, because it made me laugh those real rare belly laughs and made me cry quite a few tears.
It's official - Emma Chase is a genius. It takes true talent to create characters like Dee and Matthew and make them seem real.

Dee is a young woman full of contradictions - tough as nails yet soft-hearted when it comes to the people she loves. She's her own person, not taking crap from anyone and living her life loud and proud. At the same time she's her own worst enemy. Having been hurt a few times too many, she guards her heart like Fort Knox, not letting anyone in. But that doesn't stop her from enjoying her single life and that's how she ends up in bed with Matthew, Kate's co-worker and Drew's best friend. What she didn't take into account was that one night could turn to a few and a few nights could turn to feeling she isn't ready to handle.

Matthew on the other hand, though also just expecting a good time in bed, has no issues facing the feelings he develops for the colorful girl. Despite his past as a major player - and I don't mean sports - and the fact that he's experienced heart-ache of his own, he is quickly enamored by Dee and is hell-bent on getting through her tough-girl exterior. He can see right through it and knows there is a scared and hurt girl underneath that armor. A girl whose heart and trust he wants to win, no matter how often she pushes him away. In his pursuit, he is sweet, caring, romantic and yet sexy. He shows a huge amount of understanding and patience.

But as they try to figure out where things are going, people from the past as well as some friends' silly actions put everything at risk. And sometime that one push can be the final one that will make everything tumble over the edge. Can Dee and Matthew catch each other before they crash?

It's great to see the growth the characters go through and the mistakes that they make along the way. It makes them irresistibly human.
But it wouldn't be Emma Chase if she didn't tell their story with lots of wit and humor. And although Matthew is more laid-back than Drew, his story telling isn't less sarcastic or comical. It had me laughing so hard I was crying. And I'll be honest here...Drew's place on the throne of hottest book boyfriend ever isn't undisputed. Matt is just that good.

But find out for yourself. You definitely won't regret it.

+ comical, laugh-until-you-hurt stars.

4.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious and Sexy!, 16 July 2014
I gave Tamed 4.5 Stars.

“Stick around, even if you think you already know the ending. Because the greatest part of a road trip isn’t arriving at your destination. It’s all the wild stuff that happens along the way.”

Knowing how a story ends is usually my first worry when reading about an already established couple from the main books, we know what happens to Dee Dee and Matthew so I was wondering if I would be entertained or indeed was there enough of a story there. Why did I ever doubt this?! I loved Tamed, when you think about it; we actually know nothing about Dee Dee and Matthew at all. A lot happened at the same time Kate and Drew were trying to fight each other into submission, things that we had no clue about therefore I’m really glad we got Matthew and Dee Dee’s story. So much so, I think I may love Matthew that little bit more, but ssh don’t tell Drew that ;-)

“My life changed about four weeks ago. On a normal, average day-when I met a girl who was anything but average.”

And never has a truer word been spoken. Delores or Dee Dee was not your average female MC and I loved her for it. She was a breath of fresh air and crazy funny. She had me laughing in every scene she was in and with each outfit description; I pictured her like Madonna and Lady Gaga’s love child. But we soon learn it’s all an act. Dee Dee may act tough as nails on the outside but in reality, it’s to protect her fragile heart on the inside. She’s been burned by too many guys and by the time Matthew comes along, her faith is nonexistent. I’m just so glad Matthew was persistent enough to change her mind.

Oh Matthew, what a guy. I had him pegged as a joker from the first two books and quite rightly so I guess, but when he’s away from the guys and Dee Dee is his number one focus, his caring, confident and downright sexy side comes out. What I loved most about Matthew was his confidence, from day one he wanted Dee Dee and he wasn’t going to stop until he got her. Even when Dee Dee gave him plenty of reasons to give up on her, Matthew was there proving his commitment. And I was just swooning all over the place because of this.

My favourite scene between the comical couple, is when they are being most sincere and Dee Dee exposes her vulnerability. By letting Matthew in she is taking a huge risk but he’s proved time and time again he’s worth it.

“Matthew, these last few weeks with you and me…I…” She pauses and licks her lips. “I…I’m really glad you stayed tonight.” “Me too.” After a few minutes, her breathing turns steady and deep I think she’s fallen asleep, until, in a small voice she says, “Just…don’t hurt me…okay.” I run my hand through her hair and hold her tight. “Not ever, Delores. Promise.”

I enjoyed the storyline as I did Emma’s writing; it was a quick, easy read with plenty of humour. It was told entirely from Matthew's POV and I loved being in his head, I didn't once feel we needed Dee Dee's POV to boost the story, Matthew did a great job on his own. The story focussed on the characters, meaning there was less outside drama and it was all about them growing as individuals. A lot goes on that we were unaware of when reading Tangled and my heart went out to both Dee Dee and Matthew as they had to deal with this new situation on their own whilst their best friends were broken hearted and full of the ‘flu’.

All the usual suspects made appearances and it was great to see them again. Alexandra, as always didn't mince her words and poor MacKenzie's vocabulary continued growing and not in the best way ;-). Of course, Drew and Kate were present and it was funny to see just how much Drew's screw ups had a knock on effect for poor Matthew but of course the charmer could talk himself out of any situation.

Tamed was funny, VERY sexy and entertaining throughout. It’s a great addition to the series and it does make me want more from the gang, so I do look forward to whatever is up next. Fans of the series will love this book and Drew needs to watch out, as Matthew is a worthy contender for Drew’s sexiest book boyfriend crown! ~Ava

*I received a copy via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.*

5.0 out of 5 stars Laughed Out Loud, 9 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Tamed (The Tangled Series Book 3) (Kindle Edition)
If you love reading all about the delicious Drew and Kate's journey, then you will already be familiar to Matthew & Delores fledgling romance. This book is an absolute must read book. Everything that you loved about the first book, only gets better in Tamed. Although this is Matthew & Delores story , there is still a healthy imput from all other characters! I defy you not to laugh out loud at Mackezies sharp observations! A great story from a great series, written by a great author. If you have not read any of the Tangled Series - WHY NOT! They are amazingly brilliant!

5.0 out of 5 stars BRILLIANT, 23 July 2014
This review is from: Tamed (The Tangled Series Book 3) (Kindle Edition)
just as the other books in this series, Tamed is fabulous. It's so funny and witty and sexy. I laughed out loud so many times. I also fell in love with Matthew, he's just so perfect, caring, romantic, sensitive and sexy. Dee is such a great laugh, so real and unique. I don't know how Emma keeps this level of brilliance in the writing of this series, everything in them works so well. Thanks a Emma for yet another brilliant book! X

5.0 out of 5 stars who knew i would betray drew, 16 July 2014
This review is from: Tamed (The Tangled Series Book 3) (Kindle Edition)
i read this book simply because i met emma chase and she is the sweetest person ever…
in tangled i was not a huge fan of dee and matthew and thought there book could not be anywhere near as good as drew and kates how wrong was i TAMED has completely won me over funny fast paced i urge you to read it you will not be disappointed ……
Emma Chase is permanently on my list if she wrote it i'm gonna read it .

1.0 out of 5 stars Overpriced, 31 Aug. 2014

4.0 out of 5 stars Fab fun read, 3 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Tamed (The Tangled Series Book 3) (Kindle Edition)
It's written from the male perspective, which is entertaining and insightful. The male lead was lovely sweet and crude. Delores was tough opinionated and intelligent. It was about how these two get together , which is pretty quick but how they stay together. Tangled is still way above this but still worth the read.

5.0 out of 5 stars FIVE UNTAMED STARS, 15 July 2014
Reviewed by Sharon Thérèse Nuttall for Kindle Friends Forever

Even though Tamed is the third book in Tangled series, there is absolutely no reason why it couldn't be considered as a standalone. The author has taken a lot of trouble to help the reader pick up the thread of events which is a feat in itself. I, for one, wasn't the slightest bit confused as this is well-explained from the first chapter onwards. I was also delighted by her style of writing— incredibly refreshing and it will without a doubt, have you laughing out loud! It certainly did me.

It didn't take me long to realise that it was going to be a hard job to review without letting on either, so I've decided to skim the storyline which is fast moving in this unputdownable book, and concentrated more on how this romantic love story-cum comedy with a difference was written and told in first person from Matthew’s POV.

Matthew Fisher and his buddies, Drew and Alexandra Evans, and Steven Reinhart are lifelong friends. Their lives are entwined in such a way that everything they do directly or indirectly, has a repercussion of sorts on the others. Theirs is a relationship for better or worse regardless, and totally endearing for the reader. When Matthew, this abso-frinkin’-lutely gorgeous player is introduced to Dolores (Dee Warren) by Kate Brooks, his colleague in the family business and in a relationship with whom you may ask? Sorry! Not going to spill the beans; hotter than hot sparks fly between two protagonists that appear to be on the same planet! Are they? Well, all the right signals and innuendos are there for these two independent professionals but Dee has trust issues with a capital T. So the big question is; will they do their damnedest to make it work because their friends don’t seem to think so. Not only is the banter hilariously absorbing, but true colours will be shown, soft sides will be revealed, comprehension will be put to the test, and as always in this series, protectiveness will reign.

Apart from Matthew being the Alpha male you’d wish to bump into in the middle of a dark night, and how on earth the author has been able to describe to perfection the way both Drew and Matthew think, react and sum up the female peculiarities from their point of view is beyond sublime! It doesn't offend simply because a few truths aren't too far away from home. In this story, there isn't just one man that will enthral you, oh no, there’s two or maybe even three! The author has put herself in the shoes of her male characters so naturally that it’s uncanny! The sex scenes are vividly described and made me wish—oh, definitely wish…
I must confess that I had a few personal issues with the star rating of this extremely well-written book? Why? Well, it certainly wasn't because of the faultless grammar, exceptional vocabulary or the marvellous dialogue. It was simply because I couldn't fathom out some of the American personalities and quotes she’d mentioned and had to Google them! Please excuse this English lass’s ignorance! But after reflecting on this, I realised that English authors and even reviewers when comparing, do exactly the same thing. I'm absolutely sure that our lingo, sayings and personalities also confuse the American reader.

I just loved this book and I am so looking forward to reading the fourth book in this series which is due to be published in October. Bravo Ms Chase. You certainly made me laugh, cry and swear out loud in one session!!!
This ARC was gifted to KFF via Net GALLEY for an honest review.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it, 23 July 2014
This review is from: Tamed (The Tangled Series Book 3) (Kindle Edition)
Im never any good writing reviews but here what i got. I loved Drew and Kate but Matthew and Dee were so good i laugh a lot. Im so glad i read this. it's a must read. thank you Emma for theses amazing stories. Cant wait for Twisted.

Tamed (The Tangled Series Book 3)