5.0 out of 5 stars Don't expect a real memoir book, but an excellent collection of Billy's funny stories, 30 Jan. 2014
"Still Foolin' 'Em" by Billy Crystal isn't a memoir book, in commonly understood sense of book that only speaks about someone's life.
Instead, the author presented us with the 21 short stories that start with celebration party of his 65th birthday.

Crystal who is both known as great comedian but also, at least in my opinion, as best Oscar host with his book tried and managed to laugh the reader even with an unusual topic, humiliation that people begin to experience when they're becoming old.

He always managed to laugh us, most of the time with only one short sentence.
Starting with his first story, in a situation when in same time when his birthday party is taking place his grandchild will be born, Billy completely seriously said "...but you know kids, they never listen" this sentence will immediately bring a smile to your face.

Billy Crystal had lead interesting and happy life in movie business but also together with his family, and now when he's 65 he says that is still happy "...having only one wife and house, real name and nose and almost all of his teeth."

His stories covered time from his twenties when he was a teacher to these days, managing to tell reader lots of interesting anecdotes about the movies (the good one was about When Harry Met Sally) and events in which he was participating, including Oscar shows.

His literary style is a mix of movie screenplay, stand-up comedy with several sentimental overtones when he speaks about his youth.
But unlike in most other memoirs it seem that he doesn't have any regrets, but still enjoys the fullest in his life and rich memories.

Although it seems that in his book a lot of names deliberately were left out, he mentioned friendships with many interesting personalities that you probably wouldn't associate with him, like Muhammad Ali or Mickey Mantle.

"Still Foolin' 'Em" is entertaining book to read for all Billy Crystal fans who besides writing his own special kind of memoir, managed to convey the spirit of time when he lived his exciting life.
He gave us some kind of "behind-the-scenes" look at the history of entertainment and comedy, which he had written himself these past years.

And although this book can be viewed in several ways, certainly you'll enjoy during its reading in any of them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Funny realistically funny, 16 Dec. 2013
I knew I would not be "fooled" by reading this book. I have always liked Billy and even went to see him once. I took this book on a cruise with me and found myself laughing so loud at times people were giving me "looks". It is just that kind of reading. Thanks Billy for not letting me down!

5.0 out of 5 stars If you love Billy Crystal, you will love this., 2 Dec. 2014
This is a book that reads more like essays by Billy Crystal than a memoir. From his childhood to stand-up years, how some of his opinions (including political ones) have changed over the years, his successful decades-long marriage which is harder to find in Hollywood than to find matching socks when you're in hurry, some of his movies and Oscar preparations he talks about a few chapters and events of his life in the usual Billy Crystal way. You will learn some interesting and surprising stories for the first time. Like the one about Orson Welles.

If anybody worries a young person might not enjoy the book because it was advertised like "Billy Crystal is turning 65, and he's not happy about it," you are wrong. I'm 29-years-old and had fun from the cover to the end. I would definitely recommend to everyone who likes Billy Crystal and/or his humor.

Oh and, extra kudos for making the font size big. As someone who spends hours on a computer all day, it was a good change to not have my eyes hurt when I read a book for over an hour at one sitting.

4.0 out of 5 stars Crystal Clear, 21 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Still Foolin' Em (Paperback)
I have always enjoyed seeing Billy Crystal but here in the UK we are rather limited to his films and when we see him host the Oscars.So this gives us a chance to really get to know him.As someone from the same religion and same age I find that there are some faint similarities in our upbringing.He is very funny at times.However as the book goes on he does tend to become a bit morbid.Unfortunately having recently had a major bereavement it wasn't really what I wanted to read about.However that is just personal to me and the rest of the book is very entertaining.

5.0 out of 5 stars Billy Crystal's, 8 Oct. 2014
C. Mason - See all my reviews
Book is a must read. Laugh out loud funny and touching too. I was sorry when it ended but look forward to the next one when he is 75...

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 21 Dec. 2014
As funny as all the Crystal book and I've read them all

5.0 out of 5 stars Liked it., 2 Jan. 2015
I like this dude,so I guessed I would like his book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 18 Dec. 2014
Great thank you

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 17 Jan. 2015
R. Sharpe (UK) - See all my reviews
Arrived promptly and was exactly as advertised. Thank you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 2 Sept. 2014