5.0 out of 5 stars Sparkling debut
I don't normally read books with supernatural elements but this one is fabulous. Past and present interweave and all the characters are well portrayed. I haven't read Catherine Cookson, but her name kept popping into my mind as I read the story from the past. From the beginning I was hooked, the pace was fast and it was full of suspense. I really recommend this. I read it...
Published 10 months ago by Alison Gray

1.0 out of 5 stars Frustratingly needs an editor!
I bought this on the kindle store because the outline of the story intrigued me. Less than 24 hours later I had requested a refund for the product. Whilst the story sounds interesting the writing style of this author is abysmal. The book is littered with mistakes and the sentence structure adopted and use of grammar is reminiscent of a school pupil writing their first...
Published 1 month ago by becky

‹ Previous | 114 15 16 17 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read, 17 Aug 2014
This review is from: The Ghost House (The Annie Graham series - Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
I gave this book 5 stars because I loved it, the characters, story line and how it was all put together, I was hooked from page one. I'm getting the next one straight away...

4.0 out of 5 stars Read in one sitting, great story., 17 Aug 2014
A great book. Liked the story so much got the next book by Helen Phifer. It was easy to follow and had spooky bits but overall an enjoyable read.

4.0 out of 5 stars Ghost story with a twist!, 4 Aug 2014
A very good paranormal thriller with two romantic stories linked to present day and a great link to a major unsolved seriel killer from the past!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant story!!!, 9 Oct 2013
I really enjoyed this book, I love a good ghost story especially at this time of year and this one was spot on. It has great atmosphere and cracking characters and kept me glued to every page. I loved the descriptions of police work. I understand Helen works for the police and you can so tell through her descriptions. You can always tell when someone has first hand knowledge of something they're writing about. I've also worked in an allied profession and her descriptions are spot on.
I'll read this one again sometime, its definately a keeper for me and I hope Helen is writing some more!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Ghost House, 10 Aug 2014
Very cleverly written book. A mixture of modern day serial killer and ghost story. Good over evil. Thoroughly enjoyed. Recommend.

1.0 out of 5 stars Weak, 4 April 2014
I downloaded this book on the basis of the other reviews here raving about the story. I'm left wondering if I actually read the same book. It's a poor story, cliched, weak dialogue, just all round infuriating read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really enjoyed this book and have read another by this author ..., 30 July 2014
Really enjoyed this book and have read another by this author and will in future be reading more of her books.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 16 Aug 2014
Good story. A good mix of modern policing with the odd ghost thrown in strange combination that works

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab, 7 Aug 2014
Absolutely loved this book, can't wait to read the next in the Annie Graham series.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 2 Aug 2014
Good read a bit predictable in parts but will certainly follow this new author

‹ Previous | 114 15 16 17 | Next ›