1,065 Reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect size, perfect tablet, almost!
The screen on this tablet is simply stunning, the 1920x1200 resolution is even crisper than your Full HD 1080p TV. The colours are great, brightness is unmatched and its pixel density is even higher than the iPad with Retina display. I had the old Nexus 7 before for a few months and I can certainly notice the speed boost and the better screen. However if I still had my...
Published 12 months ago by Anthony Lau

2.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointed - miles behind Samsung for the User Interface
I thought I would try an alternative to the Samsung options.

Unfortunately I was very disappointed with the Asus Nexus 7 user interface:
- High rate of lag / response time causes double selection issues - did I press it or is it just slow! Mostly it was just slow.
- Section of options and sliders in some apps very hit and miss, which I guess may be...
Published 3 months ago by Phil Newsome

‹ Previous | 188 89 90107 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Product ... Why pay more?, 23 Feb 2014
I was saving for an iPad but decided to save a few bob. This is a great product. Good screen and clear display. Getting a case made it easier to hold the device whilst reading. I'm doing a language course at the moment so I have the Amazon app with a text book and the courses mp3 files opened at the same time and this make studying in bed and whilst watching the telly a dream .... Hope this was of use ....

5.0 out of 5 stars Does exactly what it says it will, 17 Feb 2014
This review is from: Asus Google Nexus 7 7-inch Tablet (2GB RAM, 16GB eMMC) (Personal Computers)
Very pleased with it - we got it up and running very quickly and it does exactly what we want - all with a very clear, bright screen

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply the best., 14 Feb 2014
Tony (London, UK) - See all my reviews
What a stunning piece of kit this is. Fantastic screen, latest version of Android, well made and good looking. Buy one.

2.0 out of 5 stars not the best by any means, 12 Feb 2014
Mr. S. R. Reece "Topcat" (West Midlands England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
I retired my faithful HTC Flyer and needed a replacement...after much research I decided on the Nexus 7 (32GG Version)...and I'm so glad I did...However I did not buy mine from Amazon,(sorry Amazon or whoever was selling it) I got mine for far less on a one day sale at Play.com..When it arrived the first thing I noticed compared to my flyer was the weight...almost half..yet the performance and use of it was so quick...stunningly quick...

It was a doddle to set up and after just 5 mins I was signed in on all my accounts...everything I had on my other Tablet was transferred seemlesly...I was stunned just how quickly in fact..Like all new gadgets they take some getting used to,yet within an hour I was zooming round the tablet like a pro...it was just so intuitive...I was more surprised just how smootth everything was,especially opening internet pages..Wow.. they were almost instant...I was starting to love this tablet before I'd even delved deeper into the other apps and things it could do....such as the swipe keyboard you can set up...talking to the mic to set an appointment...drag and drop files to make folders...everything is so effortless on your behalf.. HOWEVER..!!!

As you may know it does not have a card slot for expansion....and there have been many forums discussing the use of an OTG lead to use a flash drive for extra storage...they do NOT work..and you cannot stream photos or music to a TV either..Many have said that the OTG lead is working on their devices...they are either telling a lie or they have rooted their device...which you shouldn't have to do..I contacted Google (which is a feat within itself) and the response they sent me was a complete joke...they didn't even know what an OTG lead was...and their solutiuon to the prblem was...You have Google online storage...this is the reply I got this morning..

>>>>>Thank you for contacting Google Support. My name is Steven and I will be glad to help you with digital storage of your digital content.I know it can be frustrating when you expect a device to work a curtain way and it may not be set up to operate that way. Please rest assured that I will resolve your issue or take the necessary steps to find a resolution to your problem. Please provide me with what a OTG is. The Nexus 7 has an open source operating system that may be rooted to operate in a way that will accommodate your needs but that is up to the end user to perform those functions. The Nexus devices do not have the means to accept external storage devices connected directly to them unless you were uploading and downloading from a PC with an operating system. Pinning movies and other digital content can be accomplished by way of this link I have provided to you within this email.

Please respond to this email to educate me about what a OTG is and whether you have a Google cloud account.>>>>>

What a joke..!!!!

Many of you may love this device..I do myself to the extent of it's speed and screen..but this is not acceptable to go backwards when it comes to streaming to a device and attaching a flash drive...Even my old HTC flyer could do both..just plug and play...Thanks Google..but I will be selling this and buying something that is NOT tied to Google alone..
Cheers

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent tablet, 11 Feb 2014
John Hopper (London, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This has often been been described as the best tablet in the world for its size and I agree. The portability of a Kindle Fire (more so, in fact), but with the full range of Android apps and the ability to use the suite of Google services. An excellent purchase for only a little over £200 for the 32 GB version.

5.0 out of 5 stars very good product for its money, 11 Feb 2014
i bought this for a friend and he seemed to be very amazed. very powerful tablet, the best out there when i bought it,,really good device worth its money, definitely recommend it, and i would suggest not even thinking about wasting your money on an ipad.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great tablet, 10 Feb 2014
Bargain and has great performance, graphics, screen. The tablet itself feels lightweight, durable and looks fantastic. Also love android tbh.

5.0 out of 5 stars not quite an ipad, 10 Feb 2014
James N. Garner "Jgarner" (Eltham, London, UK) - See all my reviews
but....at half the price - perfect for my needs.
Quick, easy to use (once you get used to the Android UI)
Love it

5.0 out of 5 stars Nexus, 10 Feb 2014
Bought as a present for my grandson, and I am told he never puts it down. He is now rationed to its use, best buy ever.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 9 Feb 2014
Haven't used a comparison, but feel this tablet was the right choice to suit my needs.
Unable to fault, though if your looking for a decent all round camera included, look elsewhere.

‹ Previous | 188 89 90107 | Next ›