Shop now Shop now Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn more Shop now Shop now

on 12 August 2014
Wish I'd read the other reviews available for this game before I bought it. It took over 10 hours to update things before I could run it, then I found my PC really struggled to run it despite being less than a year old! It really it an awful product and just to make things worse I can't now run my 2007 version of the game which was good because the updates seem to have done something preventing me from using it again.
Save you money and your time, don't buy it!
on 2 April 2014
I've been very impressed by this 'game' and as someone involved with 3d computer graphics I have to say they have done an extremely good job with the graphics and general simulation. Some have criticized that people on platforms are seen to be the same model with the same clothes, but this is an efficiency in mesh usage where a sort of memory saving replicant/ instance is used and in any case it's a simulation about railway stock. The graphics and scenery are surprisingly very good, not quite as good as GTA for instance, but GTA has less 'interactivity' going on than TS. You do need a computer and graphics card up to the job and I'd advise anyone buying to look at the required spec first. I should think most modern desktops would fit the bill processor wise as long as you have a decent Gx card.
There are two basic modes, easy and expert, but they both require a degree of skill and attention to navigate the routes and especially shunting and moving/changing wagons etc. In general the manuals and in game help is pretty good, although the interface is a bit convoluted. One thing, the developer misses no chances to sell you more bits and it can be a bit in your face, but does make it easy to add stuff, which you undoubtedly will need to do as the basic package is quite basic with only a few options. Having said that I think the basic game is reasonably priced. The amount of work that went into producing this simulator is mind boggling and I don't really know how accurate all the line side scenery is- I'd say it was semi authentic and certainly the stations are extremely good. My version has not crashed yet (I mean the software) I did run into some parked wagons at the end of a siding because I wasn't paying sufficient attention... Very impressive overall!

Edit: The game is very stable on my system and so no crashes.
Cons: Some locos require routes you may not have and funnily enough those are the routes with tutorials on...so for instance with the Jinty steam loco (which is one of the best constructed and realistic simulations, made by a third party) you need to purchase the Brighton line (£24.00) in order to see the tutorial they provide with the loco you've already purchased... Ok, that's cunning marketing you might generously say... I don't even know that the so called 'tutorial' is of any use anyway as elsewhere extremely little help/information is given with the management of steam operated locos. Obviously this is because they aren't that straight forward to drive- not as easy as the modern locos.
What's really strange is little or no information is given for an extremely critical area of rail management and that's signalling... you'd have thought...
Railway signals work in a similar fashion to road traffic lights but not quite the same, as warnings have to be given in advance for an impending red light and the game penalizes you if you go wrong.
It's still an impressive bundle of work.
on 27 January 2016
This product is value for money at this price. Does what it says on the box. Runs well on my new PC with Windows 10. No issues loading. These people have a business to run, all of you critics let us know what you have developed for a similar price?
on 6 May 2014
I have little or no interest in driving trains but do enjoy build routes and working out time tables. I saw a few third party tutorials on YouTube which made me think it would be better than Trainz - some hope!
My main problem was getting my mouse to put the cursor where I wanted it. Even then I struggled to lay track. In the end I've given up and have resorted to Trainz 2006; it has its problems but at least it works.
on 5 September 2014
I love it bring on ts 2015
on 21 March 2014
I am keen railway enthusiast , when I moved house my Internet connection is abysmal and I could not connect to train simulator 2013 but now with T'S 2014 dvd I am reconnected . The games are of a high quality and the graphics & sound are excellent, I am very happy
on 27 June 2015
continuous problems with downloading the game. lost interest in the product as a result and my son found the content unimaginative
on 19 March 2014
It is my first train dvd and I love it. Very relaxing and lovely countryside. Well worth the money, and I would recommend it to anyone all ages.
on 10 May 2015
Its OK but when I play it through STEAM it comes out as TS2015 which is not what I want
on 21 May 2016
For the big kid inside every grown man,great graphics and challenging its a great game