Published 6 months ago by G. Blanchford

3.0 out of 5 stars Good product. Poor presentation
Published 10 months ago by dazzledoc

5.0 out of 5 stars Silent multimedia PC CSL Sprint H5766u (quad) incl windows 7....., 7 May 2014
G. Blanchford (Guernsey) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Silent multimedia PC! CSL Sprint H5766u (Quad) incl. Windows 7 - computer-system with AMD A8-6600K APU 4x 3900 MHz, 1000GB SATA, 8GB DDR3 RAM, ASUS Mainboard, Radeon HD 8570D - a media system for high defnition entertainment (Personal Computers)
The system arrived within a few days, extremely well packed. Set up was straight forward and the the instructions were simple and in English. Windows 7 was already installed so all i had to do was start upgrading from my old windows XP. But that's another story and nothing to do with the quality of this product. After the fan noise of my old computer you don't even notice this one is running and the speed is excellent. It does what is says on the pack and is good value for money.
I had occasion to go back to the supplier CSL through amazon as the online invoice was in German and i queried this. CSL came back to me almost immediately to apologise.
I have now purchased a plugable Windows transfer Cable to help move some of my windows XP system across to windows 7, but have yet to test this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good, 31 Jan 2014
This was a good and helpful company to deal with; There was compatibility problems with the "Benq" monitor that I bought separately, however the "German" company that supplied the PC was very helpful via email, they even continued to help me after it became clear the problem was with the "Benq Monitor" and not with their PC. Which was good as the "English" company that supplied the monitor were hopeless.

It puzzles me why they call this PC "Silent" it is certainly very quiet, the quietest PC I have ever owned, but it is not silent by a million miles.

Would definitely recommend and I would buy it again.

4.0 out of 5 stars Thrilled and Delighted, 5 May 2014
Bought the Sprint H5766U at £379.00 as a replacement for my old PC running XP. Glad I changed as my old PC would have struggled with running W7. It is very quit, even more so when the odd hum/vibration from the cabinet is sorted. Rubber feet also help.
The literature supplied was fine and the per-installed W7 software a bonus. My first installation of drivers and additional software became messy so I restored the PC to the pr-installed factory settings and started again. This was a big plus for me, but I did need to upgrade some of my external Epson equipment because it was no longer supported by W7 or Epson.
The UK power lead is a poor fit so I replaced it with an old one which is fine.
The disk drive buttons are poor quality. A small felt pad stuck to the button helps, but I don't use it much so I am not really bothered.
The USB's confused me a bit as the 4 rear ones do not cut the 5V power off when the PC is put to sleep or shut down, but the 3 front ones do. It would have been useful to have known this.
I have not used any off the supplied software apart from Norton. It is supplied with Windows 7 disk and ASUS motherboard disk which might be useful in the future.
This is a fast machine with loads of memory and RAM. The cabinet is poor but the electronics are great and very good value. I have not had to contact customer services so cannot comment on that.
I am thrilled and delighted, as they say.
I would recommend this machine to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice affordable quiet PC, 25 Jun 2014
It's not often these days that you get full reinstallation media. This PC comes with both a Windows disk and the hardware drivers, so that you can get back to the factory settings reasonably easily whatever happens. I have set this up for dual boot with Ubuntu - very nice. One of the biggest bonuses is that it doesn't come with my least favourite (to put it mildly!) OS, Windows 8.

Regarding its quietness, I'm quite impressed. It isn't silent, but I knew that would be a lot to expect at this price. It is so much better though than many PCs I have come across, many of which cost a lot more and are lower powered than this one. All in all, a fantastic buy.

My only criticism - so slight that I still think a 5-star rating is fully justified - is that you have to tweak a few settings to get everything in English. I was surprised to see a few messages in German, when I was setting things up. I actually speak German, so it wasn't a problem for me, but I think I might have had to resort to a combination of inspired guesswork and google if there had been messages in a language I'm not familiar with. Nothing insurmountable then, but could perhaps be improved when selling to the UK market.

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy customer, 16 Nov 2013
A. Hallett "Andy001z" (Wales, UK) - See all my reviews
Delivery was spot on, no troubles at all.

PC Unit was well protected (3 x boxes + Wrapping).

Unit was pre-installed with Window 7 as expected and on first boot there was a slightly worrying moment when I thought I would be doing the whole install in German, however this was selectable on the 2nd screen. Rest of install process was straight forward. Everything seemed to work out of the box.

Unit seems to be very good value for the spec of the unit, and the PC is as stated, nice and quiet.

Manuals bit on the light side, (no motherboard printed, but there is a CD, which might have it on.)

All in all, would use this company again, only slight concern is support is all in Germany, but hopefully I won't need that.

Only one week in but all good.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good product. Poor presentation, 1 Jan 2014
dazzledoc (Peterborough, UK) - See all my reviews
Computer delivered really quickly and before Christmas - good start. Packed in three layers of thick cardboard which was a bit OTT. Nice looking machine but as noted elsewhere the only documentation was a Windows 7 booklet in German. No documents showing the components of the computer or connections and ports on the outside. Pretty poor really. I have never come across a product sold on a UK website that had no accompanying English documents. Usually there are too many choices. Having said that I managed to set it up and change the default language on the computer and it seems to run and function well. However, when it prompted me to activate Windows I could not find the registration key. Usually I have found it on the back but I eventually discovered a tiny label on the side of the computer (which I had missed at first as it was against the side wall of a multimedia unit). Even with my reading glasses I needed a magnifying glass to read the figures. A simple 'Quick Start' type of document showing the basic views of the computer and connections with a note of where the label was would have saved a lot of angst. Perhaps the manufacturers would belatedly like to contact the UK buyers and offer an English version instruction manual.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast and quiet, 28 Jun 2014
M. F. Strudwick (Romford, UK) - See all my reviews
Arrived on time, very well packed, easy to set up, (make a note of the windows registration key on side panel to activate), Runs very fast and fairly quiet (very slight fan noise). Be prepaired for a few hours of windows updates, but otherwise a brilliant computer and has so far coped with everthing I have thrown at it including movie edeting. My dvd drive opens with the button no problem, but if yours is a problem you can always create a desktop/taskbar shortcut, just right click and click eject. Highly recommend this computer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good appearance with streamlined shiny black front panel and pleasantly ..., 13 Sep 2014
This review is after 7 month's use. I make fairly intensive use of a computer and I have found the CSL Sprint H5766U very usable. Good appearance with streamlined shiny black front panel and pleasantly quiet, but not silent. Fast quad core processor and plenty (8GB) of memory make for good performance. The DVD button does need a bit of packing behind it to make it easier to operate the drawer. My only real criticism is that when the CPU processor is going flat out eg. creating video files or changing the format when exporting from a video editor, which can take an hour or more, then the CPU gets very hot (100-110C) and this could cause it to fail fairly soon. You really need to consider additional/alternative cooling if that's what you do mostly. Everyday computing, web browsing, email, iPlayer, DVD watching or photo editing is OK. You can check your temperatures by downloading HWMonitor from http://www.cpuid.com/ or Speccy from www.piriform.com, both are free versions.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wish I had bought this long ago!, 9 July 2014
D. Arrowsmith "David Arrowsmith" (Coventry UK) - See all my reviews
I have held off writing a review of this computer until I had it set up and running for a couple of weeks. To be honest I can not fault it. It is fast in operation and very quiet. I wish I had invested in it long ago as the comp I was using had developed all kinds of faults and was a pain in the *** to use. This machine is more quiet than my laptop and much more convenient to use . I have it coupled to a 23" AOC led monitor and once I had loaded my Photoshop and video editing software I was able to work and get back to the level of productivity that only a fast and stable machine can facilitate.
As well as the oem copy of Windows 7 provided there is a disc for the motherboard but I have not looked at that or installed it. As yet I don't know if there is anything else on it..
In short, a great tower computer and highly recommended to anyone thinking of upgrading from an older or problematic machine.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value, 27 April 2014
Mr Edward W East (Devizes, Wilts. United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I wanted a new PC because support for Windows XP has ended and I was doubtful about the value of upgrading an older PC.
This PC was cheap but works well so far and has a good specification. It comes without an OS but I bought Windows cheaply 7 too.
I hope the long term reliability is satisfactory. I note that it has "made in China" stamped on the back of the case, but that is not necessarily a bad thing these days and it has a 2 year warranty.
What is unsatisfactory is that all the documentation is in German and even the bonus software provided (e.g. Mozilla Firefox) comes as a German version. I know that many educated Germans speak at least some English but relatively few English people speak German, so that is poor customer service. It is not a big problem but causes irritation, so beware.