Delivery of this lamp was swift by the seller. The light output is bright and noticeably warmer than some LED counterparts which can give off a stark, icy light. The spread of light is also better than many other bulbs in that there are individual LEDs right up the side of the bulb as well as in the downward pointing end panel. The bulb looks neatly made but does not have a transparent plastic covering over the LEDs which means that some connections etc. are exposed, although, they don't activate my mains tester. Also, you should never fit a bulb with the electricity switched on, however, because of the absence of an outer cover I've docked a star. However, I like the quality of output from this bulb especially as it only consumes 9W so will be keeping it.
on 31 December 2013
The bulb arrived promptly and was well packaged. I wanted it for use in my anglepoise desk light. Its shade effectively hides the bulb. A normal LED bulb is too heavy for an anglepoise light. Hence, this seemed ideal as there is no additional shade over the LED elements and it is lighter in weight. It provides a clear white light that is ideal for use over my desk and I shall order another for use in a cloak room where the shade effectively hides the bulb.
on 15 March 2014
The LEDs on this lamp are connected through a basic current limiting circuit and bridge rectifier (AC-DC converter) straight to the mains. Anyone touching the LEDs while the lamp is switched on is likely to get a nasty shock, the severity of which depends on which way round the lamp is in the lampholder, as the current limiter is only on one side of the supply. The lamp comes with no documentation whatsoever warning of this risk.
I went for warm white this time because the cool white LED light bulbs I recently purchased give out a very bright, bluish white light that I find most unpleasant. But this warm white bulb goes too far the other way and gives out a very yellow light indeed! And inside my white glass, globe shades, it also produces a brighter circle in the centre of the shade, presumably where the bulb is closer to the shade. This does not happen with incandescent light bulbs or with the standard shape cool white LED bulbs that I bought.

My conclusion is that whilst desperately wanting to do my bit for the planet, so far finding the right LED light bulbs for each type of light fitting I have has been impossible! It is also proving quite an expensive task, when successive LED bulbs arrive and either produce a horrible bluish white or a very yellow light, etc.!
review image
on 30 January 2014
The bulb seems well made and puts out light equivalent to a 60W incandescent bulb. The light is slightly whiter than an traditional bulb but not daylight white.
I bought a B22 bayonet fitting and an E27 screw. The B22 works better because it's in a traditional pendant light with a light shade. The E27 is in an Ikea flat mounted ceiling light so the bulb is horizontal. That means some of the LEDs face upwards so the lighting effect is reduced. I would suggest that a corn type bulb is not best suited to that kind of fitting.

This is a good bulb for use in a tradition light with a shade. I may buy some more.

If there are any issues with longevity I will update this post.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 1 April 2014
Looks good in our glass/brass hall lantern, but not quite so bright as the previous 9W bulb from another company, which failed after a few weeks. Would recommend this to a friend.
on 28 December 2013
This is ultra-new technology and goes well in the old fashioned garden lamps. Equivalent to 60 Watts and only using 9W. Excellent. I'm doing my bit to save the world...
on 30 August 2014
Plenty of light from these bulbs. Looks nice in a chandelier unit. Arrived on time. Does what it says on site page.
on 3 May 2014
Great little, bulb, and gives out a nice cool white light, you realy cant go wrong with these corn bulbs
on 12 February 2015