5.0 out of 5 stars This book is fantastic, a real page turner!, 27 Mar 2006
This review is from: A Time of Peace (Paperback)
For all Beryl Matthews fans this book is a must, this is the third installment of the Webster stories, following the story of Rose Webster from the Open Door and then her sisters story in Wings of the Morning. This sees Kate, Roses daughter as she starts her dream job as a photographer, but her life does not go to plan and she soon finds she needs all the fight and courage she has in her just like her mother and auntie before her.
These books can be read in their own right but I really recommand reading them in order because it is nice to follow the characters through the books.
Beryl Matthews is a writer that has you hooked from the first page and I have enjoyed every book of hers that I have read upto now, this book had me laughing and crying especially when a much loved character dies.
For all those who have never read a Berly Matthews book,you have no idea what you are missing.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Time of Peace, 30 May 2006
G. A. Evans (Birmingham, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: A Time of Peace (Paperback)
I have just finished reading this book, what a wonderful story teller Beryl is. I must admit to shedding a few tears at the end. In just under two weeks I have read the three Webster books, The Open Door, Wings of the Morning and now A Time of Peace. How I wish there were more to come about this family. I do intend to read more of Beryl's books and am sure I will not be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 17 April 2014
This review is from: A Time of Peace (Kindle Edition)
What a book.I'm really upset that the series has finished now.it's the first time I've read books by beryl Matthews and I have to say I love her style of writing and will definitely be downloading more enjoy!!!!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 9 April 2014
J Davies (Falmouth Cornwall) - See all my reviews
This review is from: A Time of Peace (Kindle Edition)
A beautiful story, when Bill is taken I'll with heart problems, you feel there worry, well I did.
The boys in the home, they take a place in Rose, Kate's, and Jon heart, for Kate boy called Eddie, he has a special place, and at the end of the book, he's even more special, to Kate, and someone else, I hope this is not the end of the series, I hope it carries on, and from where this book ends.
Kate ends up with a business of her own, along with Pete much to her bosses disgust, he does end being a friend though!
I hope other's enjoy the book as much as I did,
Janet Davies
Falmouth Cornwall

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab read, 27 Mar 2014
This review is from: A Time of Peace (Kindle Edition)
I have gone through two copy's of this book until they eventually fell apart from re reading them so much , i love it , th whole series in this story from the first book to the last , and plan to get the whole series on my Kindle. A great read , hard to put down and curl up and go to sleep.

5.0 out of 5 stars a time of Peace. the last book of a trilogy by Beryl Msthews., 8 Mar 2014
This review is from: A Time of Peace (Kindle Edition)
I have read the whole trilogy of Beryl amathews books, before you read this one read the open doer the childhood of rose and her family and the battle to get her family out of the slums of London, then Wings of Peace the story of the family during the war years. Beryl Mathews. Brings the characters to life and makes you feel as though you know them. A time of Peace is the aftermath of the War, and brings to life the close Family ties that run through these books I have read all three a number of times and will read them again

5.0 out of 5 stars Third in the Series., 24 Jan 2014
This review is from: A Time of Peace (Kindle Edition)
Very interesting reading. Would recommend the three books to anyone. What else can I add to this that I have not already said.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good continuation of the Trilogy, 2 Nov 2013
This review is from: A Time of Peace (Paperback)
Knowing the characters from the previous books in this Trilogy helped me to settle into the book like an "old friend". It is very much comfort reading. I didn't get bored as the story moves along at a good pace and kept me interested. Beryl Matthews never fails with me.

5.0 out of 5 stars good, 21 July 2013
This review is from: A Time of Peace (Paperback)
really a very good read. a great author. hooked onto her books.
have now got collection of her books.
would recomend

4.0 out of 5 stars Smashing family saga, 26 July 2014
This review is from: A Time of Peace (Kindle Edition)
Would give this trio of books five stars. Enjoyed the three books equally with all the ups and downs like any family.

A Time of Peace