on 17 July 2014
The sound quality of these headphones is beyond anything else you can get for this price. They make Beats and Bose sound cheap and tinny! And the fit of the buds is very comfortable and really blocks out other sound. So why the 3 stars? Supposedly Klipsch fixed their durability with the X11s but I've now been using these for 7 months and the cable fixture at the bottom has come out so the wires are bare and just waiting to snap. I had the same problem with the X10s. So great sound but they need to improve their wearability.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 24 July 2014
So, after having had my Shure SE315's for about 3 years I decided it was time for an upgrade. I've always been an enormous fan of Shure and was a little sceptical of other makes that people claimed to be just as great. But, I decided to take a leap of faith and grab a pair of these bad boys after having read many a favourable review.

Mostly, I use in ear headphones with portable devices and never use any sort of DAC or portable amp. I don't have a devoted music player at present so instead use my phone (LG G3) with music running through the full Poweramp app. My phone has a 128GB SD card in it as my music is mostly in FLAC format.

The X11i's, in general, perform very well. But simply put, I just don't think they're worth the asking price. The earphones themselves aren't detachable which is a bit of a worry as I've lost many a pair of headphones via the old 'wire getting caught round a door handle' problem. The remote doesn't support android devices... I mean c'mon, I don't know whether it's just a conflicting development thing but for this price, it should have support across all operating systems. While the sound quality is fantastic compared to lower end products, it just doesn't beat my old pair of SE315's which are a good £80 cheaper. The clarity is superb but... there's just something missing. Everything's there and it sounds great, just not... gahhh I don't know quite how to explain it.

The X11i's are incredible, just not £200 incredible...
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 18 March 2015
I absolutely love these earphones' sound quality, and if that was the only criteria I would have given them 5 stars, but I couldn't possibly recommend them to anyone because the cables are so flimsy. The wires themselves are very tough but the connections to the jack and earphones are very weak. Mine have torn after only 6 months moderate usage. Until they solve this problem, I'm sorry to say that despite the fantastic sound quality I won't be buying Klipsh earphones again.
on 13 November 2014
I've had Shures in the past and have listened to the 535s and also the Logitech UE900s but wasn't particularly blown away. The Shures are nice, but just not "exciting" enough for a commuter earphone. I have NAD VISO HP50 headphones at home for more critical listening if I fancy it.
The Logitechs had a loose connection straight out of the boos so for their price, I was very unimpressed with the quality control.

I had my X10s for 5 years and they finally started to have a connection issue in the right ear. I liked them so much I went for the X11i model.
Sound quality is identical, that is to say, musical, engaging, well balanced and very detailed.
Bass is there in good quantity and very good extension as long as you get a good seal.
Personally, I found the supplied ear tips to be a bit more microphonic than the ones I use (Shure Olives). The Shures offer better isolation, better micro phonics and are very comfortable.
For even better isolation, you can use the Shure yellow foam tips instead.
I find these to be generally less microphonic than my old X10s which s great, so as yet, I have needed to use the clothing clip that's supplied with them.
I do use a coat in the winter that comes right up my neck, so may use the clip to keep the iPhone control/mic accessible.
I'm careful with my earphones and gently coil them up and put them back in they leather case after use, so I'm hoping that, with the durability improvements made to these, I'll have them for more than 5 years this time around.
They are sold elsewhere for £199, so when they dropped to £137 on Amazon I snapped them up.
Treat them carefully and you won't be disappointed
on 22 December 2013
These are my second set and in my view, Klipch are the best earphones available at this price. Highly recommended.
on 21 July 2015
I'm certainly not an audiophile and cannot review headphones like one, but I have owned the X10i on the strength of it's reviews and now the X11i and I would just like to say WOW. I think you really don't understand what music can sound like until you tried these or another similar set of quality headphones. Throw away all those OEM headphones that comes with your devices and invest. It really will make you wonder what you have missed out all these years. The cost is worth every penny. The additional detail is very apparent, soundstage is expansive and the base is plentiful (for me) and importantly do not muffle or result in a loss of detail unlike the B&W C5s I used to own. Also these are very discrete and light and is well suited for running and commuting unlike those heavy metallic C5s. The earbuds that come with the headphones provide a good seal but so good it creates a pressure seal which can get uncomfortable. So I bought Comply foam tips which also provides very good sound isolation but are far more comfortable. I would recommend these.
on 22 January 2014
Klipsch has supposedly addressed the durability issues of the X10i with this latest X11i release. The IEMs look good and although the cables are thin they are kevlar reinforced so they should hold up ok. The sound using them with my 160GB iPod Classic is phenomenal in that it the X11i seems to work brilliantly straight out of the box - they will only get better with running in. Streets ahead of the Sennheiser 300s I was using before in terms of detail and soundstage. I will be looking after these IEMs carefully and keeping them in their supplied beautiful little case when not in use. If I get problems with cables, plugs, etc in the future I will definitely be updating this review but as of right now I heartily recommend the X11i.
on 16 January 2015
This set of headphones is a replacement for x10 model.
The sound is better than I remember but according to klipsch the spec is the same apart from the wires. I have invested in a fiio e11 Kilimanjaro headphone amp and the two together makes for a stunning listen!!
The wires are still tangling up so I hope they are more durable than my old x10s Only time will tell.
on 17 September 2015
I bought these based on reading many positive reviews to use for listening to music and taking calls. On the music front, until the they developed a buzz when any significant bass was present. They are kept in their case when not in use and not subjected to any harsh treatment. Naturally I was disappointed, especially as they sounded so good when the worked. The fault developed in the first year after purchase. Unfortunately, for me, by the time I registered this with Amazon I was just past the 12 months warranty, so no warranty replacement forthcoming. Contacting Klipsch on warranty is fruitless as you just get referred to the retailer. Having paid £169 in July 2014, it seems like a lot of money when they last less than 12 months. They are not in the bin yet, but they will be as soon as I buy a replacement.
on 6 December 2014
Brilliant sound and excellent microphone.

Howeve after 4 months of usage the wire has detached from the jack - investigating replacement but I'd avoid Klipsch in the future. Previously used Etymotic that tended to last 2 years in normal usage