5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic book
This book series I feel just gets better and better. I didn't think that would be possible as the first was so good.
Walt was a main character again in this but he was conned from the get go.
Published 21 months ago by angie newton

3.0 out of 5 stars if the author had left it as a super flu type virus you wouldn't have really lost anything
I found the trilogy a bit of a mixed bag really. The first book was very enjoyable and the 2nd too but the third I found really hard going and gave up half way through. To me it felt as if the alien invasion was more of an afterthought. You could have written virtually the same story in most of the first novel without the aliens, i.e. if the author had left it as a super...
Published 3 months ago by A. Nuttall

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic book, 12 Aug. 2013
This review is from: The Breakers Series: Books 1-3 (Kindle Edition)
Walt was a main character again in this but he was conned from the get go.
Then the new characters introduced was a girl named Raina. She came with a sort of sidekicks anouther teen named Martin and a sort of merc named maucer. What a trio they make. I just hope they are in the next book and if they are they team up with Walt it would be really good. All I can say with out giving away the ending is that I read book 2 & 3 in two days, they gripped you from start and carried on with interesting characters, and situations. The Disneyland bit was top as well. Yes I can definitely recommend this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 4 Jan. 2015
This review is from: The Breakers Series: Books 1-3 (Kindle Edition)
I have thoroughly enjoyed this box set of books. I would go as far as saying they are the best free books I've ever gotten from here for my kindle. I will be paying for the remainder of the series, and in my opinion, if they can make me do this, then the author has achieved his goal.

The books are well written and mostly well edited (a few minor issues with the wrong word being used in places, but not often and nothing more than this, most certainly not enough to detract from the story or to make it painful to read).

You get an awful lot for your 'money'. These are not mini novellas issued as a small teaser freebie to draw you in, they are 3 full novels.

I love the author's tone, I enjoyed the dialogue, I find the wit and humour used to be most pleasing, character interactions brightened with just the right amount of attitude- It is intelligently written, which is a huge plus for me.

The characters themselves, in all three of the books, I found likeable, identifiable, and a pleasure to read about.

The storyline was ensnaring, I wanted to read more, I wanted to know what happened. I didn't get bored and the author kept my interest.

I love anything post apocalyptic and I found this to be a brilliant book. The right combination of well written, a good storyline and strong characters. Can't beat that for me.

I'm really, really not a fan of 'spoiler' reviews. Skimming through a couple here I was irritated to have things revealed to me before reading them for myself, I prefer to review the quality of the book, not examine the content, so I hope this review has been helpful in the way I intended it to be.

I review a lot of books, and I'm very picky about how things are written. Without a doubt this is one of the best free books out there, I would highly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant series!, 24 Aug. 2014
This review is from: The Breakers Series: Books 1-3 (Kindle Edition)
In this series, I found the the change of viewpoints every so often a really refreshing way of following the story - not once did I get bored! The survivalist edge was also very engaging, and each of the protagonists had a different personality but the same core traits, making for a very interesting read.
Not much to say on the negative side, only that LA as the main showdown area was a bit predictable and got a bit boring after 3 books.
I would recommend anyone to read these books, especially anyone under 20, as they're really fun to read!
Good price too. Go for it! You never know, these survival tips may come in handy one day...

5.0 out of 5 stars Mesmerising! 'The Breakers' will draw you in and terrify you - all too believable!, 19 Aug. 2014
This review is from: The Breakers Series: Books 1-3 (Kindle Edition)
I am only partway through Book 1 so far, but I am going to enjoy this series - Mr Robertson paints a vivid and starkly mesmerising picture of an apocalyptic world, and the characters who inhabit it. Aspiring writers could do well to read him and take note of the way he makes every word count. I have no hesitation in giving this five stars based on Book 1 alone - it's a real page-turner! And with the recent outbreak of an Ebola epidemic, it is horribly believable....

5.0 out of 5 stars Different than normal style of writing, which keeps you annoyingly gripped!, 16 Aug. 2014
This review is from: The Breakers Series: Books 1-3 (Kindle Edition)
Loved this series, very gripping style of writing, flitting back and forth between two stories. Sometimes it was annoying, but did keep me hooked! Thankfully both parts of the story were equal in merit, so didn't have to plough through one chapter to get to another interesting chapter.

Paid for this on the basis of reading free copies of another book by this author. Really very good!

4.0 out of 5 stars These would make a great TV series, 15 Feb. 2015
R. H. Paraman (South Wales, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Breakers Series: Books 1-3 (Kindle Edition)
I read these after my son and daughter both recomended them though my son did say he didn't enjoy three as much as one. If you are a sci fi fan and enjoyed Stephen Kings "The Stand" this starts in a very similar way, by introducing the main characters one at a time as the book progresses then flipping back and forth between them and giving the distict impression that they will meet up. I don't want to give too much away but it starts with a deadly flu that starts to decimate the population then introduces a couple of real twists, One I really did not expect. I enjoyed all three though they do get a bit slow now and then while the plot is built. The story is very much in the style of the walking dead but I won't elaborate more than that. It would make a great TV seriese. Enjoy

4.0 out of 5 stars Free gem of a book, 3 Sept. 2014
This review is from: The Breakers Series: Books 1-3 (Kindle Edition)
Its a free book, its about the end of civilisation and how the characters progress. I enjoyed the first two books, but felt that both books should have put into one in chronological order. The third book i liked the beginning but felt the ending was rushed. Once I started reading the books I was hooked and had to finish the whole story. I am waiting of the other two books from the same author.

5.0 out of 5 stars excelent, 13 April 2014
This review is from: The Breakers Series: Books 1-3 (Kindle Edition)
this series was quite hard to put down. Enjoyed the roller coaster of the journey across America ....by foot .fast paced throughout

5.0 out of 5 stars I really loved this series, 30 Dec. 2014
This review is from: The Breakers Series: Books 1-3 (Kindle Edition)
I really loved this series! Getting the first 3 books for free is amazing. This was one of the few situations where I immediately paid for the rest of the series (and a few other books by the author as well), which is really rare for me. If you like really long books with multiple viewpoints then I'd definitely recommend Breakers. Each book consists of a couple of main characters and the chapters switch between each viewpoint.

I did notice a couple of typos (although they may well have all been in the very latest book - I got through the series so fast they've somewhat blurred together) but literally only a couple, and if you haven't realised already then they're looong books, so 1 or 2 typos are really not a major issue at all.

4.0 out of 5 stars brilliantly moreish, 30 Mar. 2014
This review is from: The Breakers Series: Books 1-3 (Kindle Edition)
this is out of my normal genre but was a great moreish series.

tried to have A gap between novels, but impossible

its a 4* simple because book 2 was a little repetitive at the start