5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal for intended purpose and great value
Published 10 months ago by Daniel Richard Miles

1.0 out of 5 stars Sending me on wild goose chases
I would love to review the product the day I receive it. Somebody else signed for it now they are telling me to search for him.
Published 15 days ago by Cristi Dumitriu

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal for intended purpose and great value, 21 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Matrix Micellar Casein Protein 2.25kg Powder - Evening Shake (Chocolate) (Personal Care)
First Casein product I've purchased (I'd been relying solely on whey up until now and fatty fish before bed) and I'm very impressed. It's quickly become a keystone in my diet, its kept my metabolism ticking over well throughout the night, reduced muscle fatigue and I'm making some solid gains. Outstanding value for money, allows me to save all the meats and fish I can afford for main meals. I've found I need closer to 400ml of water/milk to get a drinkable consistency and a vigorous shaking but that's hardly a problem. Taste is good enough if that matters to you

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, 19 Feb. 2014
If you're looking for a good slow digesting protein this is the one . I am just buying another .

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic product, 20 Dec. 2013
Great product ! Notice a real difference while taking it. Would highly recommend. My muscle do not ache as much after a tough weight training session when I'm on this. Does exactly what it should do!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Value, 10 Feb. 2014
I normally buy Gold Standard but as it was out of stock so I thought I'd give this a go. At 2.25 Kg it seemed like great value, and while, admittedly, others had reported that it didn't mix well and the taste wasn't great... I thought 'how bad could it be?' Big mistake. Huge.
In reality it mixes like sawdust and chocolate it ain't... more like mud with artificial sweetner in it!! Now I can happily chug down a glass of wheat grass but this stuff takes the biscuit! To make the best of a bad situation I have used it to make protein bars with a host of other ingredients to disguise the taste... they turned out pretty good so I can at least use the stuff... will be sticking to Gold Standard form now on though. If cost is a serious issue, give it a go but you have been warned!

If it turns out to give outstanding results despite its failings I will come back and update this but for now I'm give it a two star 'stay clear' rating.

As promised, I've come back to update this review as I'm nearing the end of the tub. I have upgraded the star rating to 4 stars as on reflection I think I was a bit harsh. I definitely wouldn't use this to make protein shakes (see above) but it does combine with other ingredients to make really good protein bars and considering the amount you get in a tub and the price it does represent good value for money. So a big surprise to me...I am considering buying another tub!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 13 July 2014
fantastic well worth the money

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, 12 Jan. 2014
Ian Daniels "ID" (United Kigdom) - See all my reviews
Bought this for my son, who goes to the local gym, as an aid. He loves it. Thank you very much indeed!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 8 Jan. 2014
Surprisingly nice taste, very good value for money. The protein mixes very easily and has a nice texture. I will buy it again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Look a lot better after taking this most nights before bed, 4 July 2015
Look a lot better after taking this most nights before bed. Taste is pretty good for something with low carbs and fats. Doesn't always mix up great in the shaker but still felt great value for money. Would recommend

4.0 out of 5 stars For the most part this product is excellent, good value, 5 Aug. 2014
For the most part this product is excellent, good value, thick and filling. Good for taking prior to going to bed.
However it tastes like old peanut sweepings, not chocolate.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good stuff, 11 Dec. 2014
Good stuff. Taste nice as well