5.0 out of 5 stars Quality material
Published 9 months ago by Lego Man

3.0 out of 5 stars waterproof but not breathable
These overtrousers are great at keeping the rain at bay, unfortunately they're not breathable, so your legs end up damp anyway!!
Published 5 months ago by jeffrey foley

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality material, 1 Jan 2014
This review is from: Berghaus Men's Stratus Quarter Shell Trousers (Sports Apparel)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These trousers have a real quality feel to them and feature an attractive design and the famous Berghaus logo. The material is very pleasing to the touch and looks durable. There is a lining. The 1/4 zips in the lower leg makes getting them on and off easy. Recommended waterproof and breathable trousers. Nothing more to say than that about a pair of waterproof trousers from Berghaus.

3.0 out of 5 stars waterproof but not breathable, 27 April 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Great performance in extreme weather, 2 Jan 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I was marshalling for two days next to the Mersey for the Liverbird Marathons 2013/14 The forecast was for bad storms and high winds so I was delighted to be able to try these out and see whether they would live up to expectations. Berghaus have a good reputation for technical clothing. As someone once said to me "there's no such thing as bad weather - just bad clothing". Well, my expectations were met.

These overtrousers fitted well, allowing me to wear a pair of trousers underneath, and I didn't feel restricted, hot, or squashed. I am a 38/33 in trousers and the large size was ideal. Waist comfortable, but maybe an inch short. However, wearing a solid pair of winter walking boots (breathable/waterproof) the shortness was ideal.

These seem well constructed. Water simply rolls off them. Waves would splash over the promenade but my legs remained dry. They are light to wear and the breathable fabric does not lead to overheating.

12 hours of marshalling in some pretty extreme weather and these trousers did not let me down.

Highly recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value, 14 April 2014
Not had them out in the wet yet but fit is right and as I know the AQ fabric I have no doubt they will be fit for purpose. Good price and speedy service. No complaints.

1.0 out of 5 stars Dont work them too hard !, 26 Feb 2014
Purchased these for dog walking in the horrendous weather, and initially was impressed......after just over a month the seams are open and there is excessive wear (like acid holes) over the fabric.

Considering the brand, would have expected more.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 20 Feb 2014
Mr. J. C. Kent "johnckent" - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These are excellent water proof trousers for the money. They aren't flash, but they serve their purpose perfectly, which has been a great benefit this winter - the wettest on record

4.0 out of 5 stars Size is big, 17 Feb 2014
Sizes are big. I am size 34 and the Medium is the right size for me as overpants, not Large as the size chart informs. Leg is 31 inches. The fabric quality seems good but I need to test them on bad weather to be sure.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best waterproof trousers I have tried, 13 Feb 2014
Dan (Texas, USA) - See all my reviews
These trousers have seen some seriously bad weather since December (this winter has been awful), and they have not let me down yet. I cycle to an from work every day regardless of the weather, and it takes over half an hour each way. Unlike my previous pair of waterproofs, these have never given up, no matter how bad the rain or how long I am out in it. The zip coming up to the knee is a huge plus as well. They fit well. I am 5'8", 160 pounds, and the large size fit perfectly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good., 19 Jan 2014
Andy O'Boogie (Widnes, Cheshire, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I am 34" waist and found the Large size to be a perfect fit. No sweating. No rain or wind penetration. Easy to put on and take off over heavy walking boots. Wrap up to a reasonable size to go in your rucksack. Perfect for our horrible wet/windy winters!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great performance!, 6 Jan 2014
Sam Woodward (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
In the last couple of weeks, the UK has experienced heavy rain & severe flooding. During this period I spent a few days working outdoors in muddy conditions & persistent heavy (but not torrential) rain. These trousers kept my legs warm & bone dry throughout. There wasn't any leaking at all. When using cheaper 'waterproof' trousers (including some army surplus ones) I've normally ended up with a couple of isolated damp patches on whatever I've worn underneath but these left me completely dry.

They really are breathable & lightweight too. They kept me warm but not overheated. I quickly forgot that I had them on.

They are very roomy & didn't restrict movement at all. I have a 37-inch waist & the Large size fit comfortably over my jeans with plenty of room to spare. I didn't even need to use the leg zips to take them on & off.

All in all, working outside would have been a pretty miserable experience without them but instead, I enjoyed being out & didn't even mind the rain because it didn't penetrate my clothes, so I felt warm & dry. There may be cheaper over-trousers out there but I haven't yet come across any which perform as well as these.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›