5.0 out of 5 stars More from Mallory
I have so many books by Mallory some read three times she is brilliant I like her corseness it's true to life of her subjects.
Published 10 months ago by jeanette

3.0 out of 5 stars Not believable....
I know...I know... these books/stories are supposed to be a bit of escapism but I at least want to believe that it could (in my wildest fantasies) happen... if I was really lucky or hit my head hard enough lol.

Published 7 months ago by WYSIWYG42

5.0 out of 5 stars More from Mallory, 8 Sep 2013
This review is from: ROMANCING SAL GABRINI (The Gabrini Men Series Book 2) (Kindle Edition)
I loved Tommy Gabrini and can't wait for his second book (Come on with it) But Sal what a man. what you read and see of him is what you get. The Gabrini family storoes i cannot put down read about Reno & Tree Tommy and Grace and melt at these tough handsome men
Jeanette

3.0 out of 5 stars Not believable...., 27 Dec 2013

I was really looking forward to reading about the hard around the edges Sal Gabrini but he written like a stereotypical ‘New York’ I-talian complete with cotton wool in his cheeks....Also on what planet would you get a kick-azz lawyer co-owning and working when she can in a clothing boutique on the side....it wouldn’t happen. I know she had to fit Trina in somewhere but this really didn't work for me.

4.0 out of 5 stars Hot, Hot, Hot, 13 Sep 2013
I'm new to this genre (BWWM) and I'm not african american, but I am a black woman.

I loved how well developed the characters were, and since this is my first book, by this author I realised reading this book that it would be helpful for me to read the other books in the series to fully get a grip of the characters.

I loved Gemma and her strong, no nonsense personalty, but also her willingness to give into Sal.

I'm glad the issue of race was addressed, because so far in this genre I've found it's not been touched upon, and it's not realistic to expect there to be no discussions on this subject.

The I didn't give the book 5 stars because there were far too much uses of colloquialisms that I don't think suit Sals' character. e.g "He didn't play that" I mean, c'mon I find it hard to believe that this would be an Italian American's speech formation.

I also found Sal to be a little too domineering for my tastes and the him starting a fight just to proove he's a man was kinda crass. It left me turned off by him.

Aside form that I did like this book a lot.