5.0 out of 5 stars wonderful again
Published 12 months ago by Mr. K. H. Cobb

2.0 out of 5 stars Liszt Recital by Valentina Lisitsa
I bought this CD after reading a newspaper review and was very impressed by the first track, Ave Maria and the final track, one of the Hungarian Rhapsodies. Unfortunately I did not know the interveningn tracks and was not impressed by the music. However, the pianist was magnificent in all her playing. The instrument sounded wonderful.
Published 9 months ago by Norman Hadfield

5.0 out of 5 stars wonderful again, 25 Oct 2013
Mr. K. H. Cobb (UK) - See all my reviews
As ever, she is superb. Blinding virtuosity where needed, combined with great musicianship (as in the Ballade no. 2, where I am at times surprised that the piano does not collapse), sheer terror in the Erlkonig transcription - raw power and great beauty miraculously combined. I can think of few whose Liszt compares with hers - perhaps only Richter is her equal overall. I wish she'd played the sonata instead of some of the more minor pieces, but one shouldn't pick nits. More please - her Chopin Etudes must be quite something.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent as Always, 21 Nov 2013
Mr. David J. Gould (Scotland) - See all my reviews
Valentina plays from the heart, hence all her music has soul and a life of its own. She feels the notes wrenched from her and we are all enthralled by her abilities with the ivories. I thought I knew the works of Liszt until Valentine taught me to think again. Awesome performances are the norm from her.

5.0 out of 5 stars Liszt at its best, 9 Oct 2013
As a student I once had a scratchy old cassette of Vladimir Horowitz playing Liszt. And a cd set of works by Jorge Bolet. And I thought there would never be another that came close to these grand old masters.

And then along comes Valentina. She manages the virtuosity with ease, so can express the real love, feeling and emotion that Liszt intended.

This CD is truly like no other Liszt. From the breathtakingly beautiful Ave Maria arrangement to the dazzling virtuosity of the Hungarian Rhapsody, this delivers everything. With exquisite sound dynamics.

Horowitz and Bolet would be proud to own this. So would Liszt himself. Thankyou Valentina.

5.0 out of 5 stars Delightful mix of piano transcriptions, 17 Feb 2014
These are works you don't often hear. Quite a feminine approach (in my view) which is rather nice compared with some of the overly muscular performances of Liszt.

When is she going to release the Transcendental Studies (complete)? I'd look forward to that

2.0 out of 5 stars Liszt Recital by Valentina Lisitsa, 11 Jan 2014

Liszt Recital [VINYL]
Liszt Recital [VINYL] by Valentina Lisitsa (Vinyl - 2013)