Format: Vinyl|Change

on 7 January 2012
This double set has the "Begin Here" album and the EPs and singles of their Decca days all in glorious mono. "She's Not There" was/is the big hit number but there are other treasures, particularly "Just Out of Reach" and "Remember You". Long time fans will all have their favourites. If you are interested in the early days of British Rock or Pop then this is a great place to start. The jump from this youthful exuberant collection to the classic "Odessey and Oracle" remains one of rocks more amazing achievements though the seeds of that leap can be heard here.
The band are still touring and recording - and still damn good when I saw them a few weeks ago!
on 11 April 2011
I love these back to mono records, even if I was very pleased with the stereo 2CD from a couple of years ago. This is how we first heard them in the middle sixties on our plastic mono grammophones. Talk about nostalgia.
In Sweden we have a saying: It was better before...
And to make a joke of that we say: The more before the better...
But this 2CD is no joke, it's fabulous to hear the genuine mono sound again.
on 14 January 2014
This is The Zombies debut album in all its mono glory.

It's an excellent Vinyl repressing by Repertoire! The vinyl is thick, heavyweight 180g. Flawless. It mimics the original Decca release exceptionally well but with Repertiore as the label. The cover is a tri flip back period styled piece with a period style inner bag to match, which is also poly lined. I have compared this pressing with an original I own. The sound on this vinyl matches the original but without the crackle. The vinyl has been half speed mastered at Abbey Road studios and the care put into this makes itself fully heard through my speakers! Simply put this is one if the best pieces of vinyl I have ever bought. The product is exceptionally well done, so much so I cannot really fault it, except on one small minor point. The faces of the zombies dont have the same purple hue that they have on the original British release. Now, im not sure if this is just not quite getting the printing spot on or whether in other countries the cover photo did not have the same purple hue. However, this is a minor fault and likely due to the fact that the original artwork is lost and so scanning is used instead. This was quite noticeable to me on the recent Beatles vinyl remasters too, especially Sgt Pepper.
Overall, My expectations have been fully met. I will now be looking out for other vinyl releases by Repertoire based on the quality of this product.
on 21 August 2015
Superb quality pressing and packaging as usual from repertoire
on 10 September 2014
this group has to be one of the greatest ever to come out of the 60's - i was there 1st time around and doubly pleased that this compilation confirms all that i remember.
on 4 January 2016
Love it, cheap service and good quality packing etc. can't fault it
on 5 August 2012
My favourite group of ALL TIME! This was their first LP album which I still have so was delighted to be able to repeat the pleasure in CD format - brings back very many happy memories of a mispent youth!
on 1 January 2013
The earliest Zombies album & singles tracks, all together on two great discs. If you only want everything, this is where to start.
Bill Krohn's Boulevard Records