4.0 out of 5 stars A frenetic ride down memory lane!
Like Julie Taylor's two books from the seventies this book was only short, I read it in a little under an hour, but it was filled with enough nuggets of information to awaken a whole raft of memories.
Published 23 months ago by I love my kindle!

3.0 out of 5 stars Memories.
Published 1 month ago by Mr. Mk Ward

4.0 out of 5 stars A frenetic ride down memory lane!, 5 Aug. 2013
This review is from: We Rocked the 80s (The Retro Years Book 3) (Kindle Edition)
From reading this book I have worked out that I am about 9 years older than Julie so whilst the 70's were my growing up years the 80's were my "maturing" years and for me the age difference started to show. I never watched Grange Hill or several of the Tv shows that were mentioned and there was no mention of a lot of the stuff I did watch, Bread, Just Good Friends, Dallas and the birth of Eastenders, but there was still plenty to get excited about!
The Sheena Easton jumpsuit......... Mine was pale lemon from the Freeman's catalogue and I got stuck half in and half out of it in a plane toilet! I must have got pregnant not long after that incident as her hits resounded in my ears during the summer of 81! Adam Ant was circa the same time as Prince Charming was number one when my son was born. I remember the new romantic era well, my dad had a lot to say about men wearing make up! A lot of the music mentioned awakens memories of things not mentioned in the book, Live Aid being the particular memory I have from the 80's.
The Advent of the video player, wasn't it great, ours came from Radio Rentals! Those that opted for the Betamax soon found that was not a good move as the majority of video films were only produced in VHS format. I watched so much for the first time on video, Dirty Dancing, ET, and the film where Glenn Close is a bunny boiler and whose title escapes me at the moment.
I would have liked a bit more about fashion, big hair big shoulder pads and big earrings sums it up for me.........and shiny Lycra with leg warmers from the Fame era, but I am sure Julie has more up her sleeve and I await eagerly!
Strongly recommended for all forty and fifty something's!

3.0 out of 5 stars Memories., 31 May 2015
Mr. Mk Ward "Lincimp" (UK) - See all my reviews
Well remembered times. Had forgotten some of them so pleasantly surprised. Fun read if you're fan of the eighties. Being nit-picking though - the beautiful coloured cigarettes which we bought to match the colour of our outfits were called Sobranie, Julie. Just thought I'd mention it. They even made black ones with gold filter tips to match our LBDs. Keep the memories coming - well done!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 1 July 2014
Just love it so much . Please hurry with another book. Ace!

4.0 out of 5 stars More memories brought back to life, 16 Nov. 2014
More memories brought back to life from the pen of this excellent writer. Grief, was it all that long ago (though Julie makes it sound like only yesterday)?