on 26 February 2016
Bought this for my 5 year old daughter and she loves it! Excellent price too! You have to take care of it everyday otherwise it turns bad - has angry eyes and a gruff voice and can be quite rude! My daughter does not like this version so I got the job of looking after it until it became 'nice' again :) Would recommend for children that love cuddly toys and caring for them.
on 31 January 2014
My daughter (aged 9) asked for a Furby for Christmas. After looking through the reviews on Amazon I decided this would be a good buy for her. She enjoyed playing with the Furby and linked it with the App on the I-pad too. Unfortunately the novelty has worn off and our little Furby is sleeping now. Hopefully, as with most toys, she will discover this toy again and have some more enjoyment for another while! One thing I liked which the older version I'm told doesn;t do:- you can switch the fury off by lying them on their backs to sleep. Useful as the little creatures like to be as noisy as children can be at times!!
on 21 January 2014
My daughter picked this and loves it though after a few days playing constantly it has just been sitting there - mostly plays with it using the free app. Can be a bit annoying when you bump into it and it wakes up! My cat has done this once or twice in the middle of the night.
on 18 February 2014
These are cool, but as a parent of 2 young children with these, I can categorically say, they drive you batty. Not my first choice of words. Many a time I have felt like drop kicking both furbies out of the bedroom window, but I just advise the children to go and play outside, or somewhere else with them... As parents do!

Children, on the other hand, can spend hours in the company of these squeaky voiced little balls of fuzz and wonder how they've gone through the batteries so quick. To be fair I think furbies live on a diet of batteries, they're always needing changing.

Downloaded the iPhone app to go with these and that's a bit more interesting though, getting them to dance is quite funny for about 5 mins too.

But, as a parent, I have to say my main bone of contention is NO OFF SWITCH!
on 23 January 2014
So you're considering spending some of your hard-earned cash on a raucous, vulgar, unpredictable electronic toy with no off button and no volume control... why? Because your child is asking repeatedly for one?

Two Furby Booms provided good entertainment over Christmas, having kept the whole (broad minded) family amused with their movements, bodily noises and phrases. Downloading the app onto a Samsung Galaxy phone (a feat which took my software engineer husband the best part of two days) extended the play value somewhat - now we can 'feed' the Furbies and are rewarded by watching them poop sometimes surprising items into an on-screen toilet bowl. We've also had the app working - from time to time - on a Galaxy tab 3.

But I'm afraid the only interaction we have with them three weeks later is to pull their tail to subdue them into slumber every time they (spontaneously and unpredictably) spring into life. Their phrases, while plentiful, become repetitive. They do each incorporate their name (chosen via the app) into their speech but other than this we have seen little or no evidence of genuine interaction, either with each other or with our real, live children. We have occasionally seen a second personality emerge, which is rather weirdly represented by a fairly deep male voice, but this lasts a few minutes before the toy reverts to the nasal tones of an over-excited pre-teen female high on cherry cola.

So are they worth the money?

Possibly; your child will probably be thrilled to open one and it will occupy them for a while, particularly if you can persuade the app to work. But for £50 you could get quite a few toys which involve more traditional interaction such as board games / jigsaws / art materials. Or indeed a real hamster, which despite being nocturnal is less likely to wake you up at night. You could even afford the hamster food with the savings you'll make on batteries. Or, spend £5 on a ball and go and interact with your child yourself down the park...

There you have it; there are lots of alternatives for much less outlay.

Resist the pester power, comrades!
on 28 January 2015
This wee thing is soooo annoying lol. U try to move it when you are tidying up and it springs to life. Anyway my Daughter loves it plays with it all the time. Worth the money definitely quite cute also.
on 1 February 2014
This Furby Boom was just what our daughter wanted and it arrived on time in appropriate packaging. We were all happy.
on 2 January 2014
Excellent present- arrived on time, well packaged, my daughter is only 3 years old but she loves her furby- easy to use app for further interaction
Recommedn for children < 6years
Best to use recycable batteries!
on 6 January 2014
Product was enjoyed by my daughter but she did not like it when it changed from a girls voice to a mans voice. It took us some time to get it back to a girls voice and I just hope it stays that way. Otherwise she will just leave it on the side to annoy everyone!!!!
on 17 January 2014
Great little thing! Better than buying a dog. Does make lots of noise but can put in a box and locked in the cellar... something you can't do with a dog, apparently! : - )