5.0 out of 5 stars Very fun critter, though app is temperamental
I've only had this since yesterday, so if my opinion about this toy changes as time goes by, I'll review my review (hehe) accordingly!

Published 11 months ago by N. Dolby

3.0 out of 5 stars Average
Children really wanted furbies but once had they played with them for a week and they are now sitting on shelf. Expensive for what has turned out to be a cuddly toy.
Published 4 months ago by Perdi Welsh

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Very fun critter, though app is temperamental, 18 Oct 2013
N. Dolby "Dolbette" (Chesterfield, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Furby Boom Peacock (Toy)

Out of the box, after putting 4 rechargeable AA batteries into the Furby, he came to life with excited babble and singing. Much to our amusement, our Furby likes to "parp" and burp... I don't know if they all do this quite as frequently as ours though! We (myself and my kids) played with him for most of the evening and his behaviour obviously changed, his voice, the songs he sings, the things he does... we even managed to turn it crazy by tickling it in a certain spot for too long! My daughter was rather upset when it's voice got deeper, as she liked the cute voice it came with, but after a while of tickling in the "right" place, it's voice changed back. If you place him next to speakers, his eyes turn into musical notes and he dances and chirps, very entertaining!

The Furby Boom app has been rather temperamental so far, I couldn't get it to recognise the Furby until this morning (I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 and a Tab 2), yet both of my devices recognised it this morning... albeit temporarily! I DID manage to give it a shower, but when I sent it to the toilet, it didn't want to know, so now my Furby is a little backed up :-( I'm hoping that - as more updates are released - the app becomes more reliable, as I can see this providing hours of fun (we're particularly looking forward to feeding him some pants and toilet roll!).

The batteries haven't needed changing yet, so can't comment on battery life yet - though I can say that the batteries I put in weren't fully charged, I expected them to have run out by now!

All in all, highly recommended, but maybe not at the full retail price - it's a little odd that different colours cost different amounts... unless you HAVE to have a particular colour, just go for the cheapest, as they're all the same on the inside :-)

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovable, irritating, addictive, 1 Jan 2014
This review is from: Furby Boom Peacock (Toy)
I bought this for my six year old daughter, knowing very little about Furbies in general. She played with it quite a lot and it developed a really nice cute personality (albeit slightly irritating). Anyway that all changed one night at bedtime when it turned to the dark side and morphed into one of it's "other" personalities, which came as a shock to everyone. (Think Gremlins) I can only describe it as deep voiced, evil, creepy and possessed. Daughter got quite upset and we removed Furby to perform some sort of exorcism. Turns out tickling it and stroking it puts it in a better mood. Daughter now rather cautious around it. Finally sat down and researched it properly to discover why it turned (rough play). Anyway they really are great little toys and lots of fun. Pulling it's tail will send it to sleep. The app once you get into it is fun too but can be temperamental.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Clever, 7 Feb 2014
Otis Mojo (Midlands, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Furby Boom Peacock (Toy)
Christmas. Two young daughters. Two requests for Furby Booms....

Rather like a 'Tamagotchi' for the present day, these little critters are very chatty, very demanding and very active!

Hook them up to the Furby Boom App on the iPad and you've got a whole new dimension for playing with them - they lay eggs, go to the loo (yes, really!) and they need constant TLC in order to keep them happy.

Talk to them and they learn your language. Mistreat them and they become horrible - my daughter's actually had a gender change on the way back from visiting grandparents - but I think that was an anomaly because it's not happened since!

The fact we have two means they talk to each other as well!

As an adult, you find yourself lifting these creatures VERY carefully so as not to wake them up.....sometimes they stir, snore a little and then drop off again. Sometimes they wake up and shout!

Great fun for the little ones.

Quite irritating after a while for us older ones.

I wouldn't buy one if I didn't have an iPad to go with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 11 Jan 2014
This review is from: Furby Boom Peacock (Toy)
My daughter eagerly awaited Furby and she has not been disappointed. He's quite noisy and it's just like having another child around... a bit naughty at times!

5.0 out of 5 stars furby boom peacock, 10 Jan 2014
This review is from: Furby Boom Peacock (Toy)
i got it on january it is a really fun and addictive toy it keeps and talking when you pull its tail for 10 sec it sleeps and when you ticle its tummy it laughs

5.0 out of 5 stars My son was waiting for this., 30 Dec 2013
This review is from: Furby Boom Peacock (Toy)
Both my kids wanted Furby for Xmas and they both got one one, they seem less annoying than the previous one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Furby, 30 Dec 2013
This review is from: Furby Boom Peacock (Toy)
As a parent I find the noises Furby makes very annoying. However, my girl loves him and the interactive games she can play on the iPad are very amusing. Hence, five stars from the 6 year old. Delivery was prompt and without problems.

5.0 out of 5 stars Christmas present, 29 Dec 2013
This review is from: Furby Boom Peacock (Toy)
The furby boom was purchased as a Christmas present for our grandson and so far he seems very pleased with it

5.0 out of 5 stars happy with my purchase, 10 Jun 2014
This review is from: Furby Boom Peacock (Toy)
Great toy. Cannot believe how crazy the kids are about this. nice toys. great xmas gift for any young child.

5.0 out of 5 stars My daughter loved it! :), 11 May 2014
This review is from: Furby Boom Peacock (Toy)
My daughter was overjoyed with this furby boom.
The design of the fur this particular furby is nice and attractive.

Works in sync with her tablet which has brought hours of fun so far

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›