5.0 out of 5 stars It does what it's says!!
Very good finish, it's accurate, (I work in a meteorology Lab so the fist thing I did when I received it was test the accuracy!) and it's quick enough to stabilize the reading.
Published 18 months ago by Bruno

3.0 out of 5 stars Works well but has potential safety issues
It's cute and it measures the temperature of the bath which is what I bought it for, but I do however have a couple of issues with it.

Published 3 months ago by The Muffin Man

3.0 out of 5 stars Works well but has potential safety issues, 3 Dec. 2014
This review is from: TensCare Digi Duckling Digital Water Thermometer and Baby Bath Time Toy (Baby Product)

It tends to float on one side, which gives a false temperature reading. In order to get an accurate you have to ensure that the bottom of the duck makes contact with the water as this is where the temperature probe is located. I have had a result of 36 degrees shoot up to well over 40 degrees several times after noticing that this has happened. Keep this in mind otherwise you may end up with an injured child or loved one.

An easy fix would be sticking a piece of Sugru to the bottom of the duck, which has lowered the centre of gravity of mine and has enabled it to float with the temperature probe submerged.

I have tested this alongside two other thermometers which I own and I get a consistent result using this thermometer, I am therefore happy that mine is accurate, however there may very well be some manufacturing variation which has resulted in lower accuracy unrelated to the point above.

My second gripe with it is the battery compartment, it looks like the sort of compartment one twists open with a coin but for some reason there is a piece of plastic right in the middle of the slot which prevents you from doing this, perhaps one is supposed to use two coins to open it up, I haven't tried this yet but will edit my review if that works.

However I have had it since January and although frequently used, the battery has yet to run out and presumably it will make it to a full year. At (currently) £6.99 one might as well consider the thermometer to be disposable once the battery runs out, assuming you get the same kind of battery life out of it which I have achieved.

I would recommend it to anyone as long as you remember that the temperature probe needs to be submerged for it to work properly and the duck is wont to flip over.

5.0 out of 5 stars It does what it's says!!, 24 Sept. 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars Great little product for bath times, 16 July 2014
Great little product for bath times, Stick it the bath and it tells you if you are getting to the comfy 36deg baby likes. I gave it a 4 not a 5 because I have had a bit of trouble getting it to turn on lately so when I first got it it touched the water and told me the temperature whereas after two months it takes a bit of "shaking" to get fired up. But then for the price it is still good value and my baby likes looking at it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Appealing and functional, 12 July 2014
Beansmummy (Oxfordshire, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Excellent. My baby loves this additional bath toy, and it is very simple to use and accurate. My older children now run their own baths, and use this to check the temperature. The warning light flashes from 39c upwards (with the word "hot" on the display) to show the water is too hot for a baby, and "cold" appears on the display (without the flashing light) when the water is not warm enough. Through using this I discovered that the older children's preferred bath temperature is also 38c (the upper end of the range deemed suitable for babies, and tolerated happily by my 3 month old), and I like a 39-40c bath.
So far so good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect - does exactly what you want it too, 27 Dec. 2013
The duckling thermometer is brilliant. We wanted to ensure the bath temperature was perfect for our new born baby girl - and the elbow dip test didn't seem accurate enough to me. So having read the reviews online I bought this product. I'm an engineering consultant, so clearly the first thing I did was test the accuracy of the duct's thermometer with a laboratory thermometer - I can confirm in our case it was accurate.

The duct thermometer is great (only wish I'd have thought of the idea myself). I'd recommend to all!

5.0 out of 5 stars Totally essential, 16 Aug. 2014
This is an essential item if you have a baby. So easy to use you just put it in the bath & get it to the correct temperature. So much easier than using your elbow & worrying that it's too hot or cold, as let's face it, your elbow isn't that great at determining temperature. Removes the worry completely. Get one!

1.0 out of 5 stars Unsafe for baby!!!!!!', 12 April 2014
Not good at all, on first use bath thermometer did not work, opened up to check
the battery & found it to be corroded & a horrible smelly liquid. I would say this is
VERY UNSAFE to use in a baby bath.

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT BUY! Thermometer is inaccurate. My partner ..., 9 July 2014
Alison Gill - See all my reviews
DO NOT BUY! Thermometer is inaccurate. My partner used this to get the right temperature for the baby bath and I kept saying to him that I thought it felt too hot. Eventually i got 3 other thermometers to test this duck and we found that this duck was out by 8 degrees and we were cooking our baby! IT IS NOT RELIABLE. Also the duck falls over all the time because it is not water tight and it takes in water.

1.0 out of 5 stars steer clear, 7 Dec. 2014
Purchased in August well in advance of baby arriving in November. Product did not work out of the box. You're supposed to 'tap' the thermometer to get it to work however there was no protective plastic tab or anything so we can only assume that multiple transportations, packing, storing etc before it even got to us has flattened the battery. The battery cover itself is stiff and poorly designed so you're required to damage it to get it off. A complete waste of money. Would like to return for a refund but such a hassle with a new born it's probably not worth it. Steer clear of this novelty trash and buy something of quality.

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful bathroom gadget, 4 Dec. 2013
Does what it says on the tin. Love the fact that there's a flashing red light when temperature is at 39C or more. No more guess work for me when running a bath. The only slight down size is that the duck floats side way - not sure if it's because one side is a bit heavier. Other than that, it's all good.