5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely great for the price!!!
Published 3 months ago by Snare Dreams

2.0 out of 5 stars instructions let this product down
instructions terrible...still not connected it remotely...used ethernet cable connection direct to router until someone can help me connect the way I wish
Published 2 months ago by peter gillespie

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely great for the price!!!, 13 Jan 2014
This review is from: TeckNetŪ 300Mbps Enhanced Wireless-N Repeater/ AP with WPS, Universal Wi-Fi Range Extender, With 1 Ethernet port (Electronics)
I was a bit sceptical before i bought this item because of the price being so low, but i decided to go for it anyway!! The package came within 2 days, which is faster then i have ever seen. The WiFi repeater itself is really good quality, feels quite premium! Now i will say the instructions were a bit of trouble. I was it didn't really tell me what i needed to do first.. The steps were a bit backwards... But all i had to do was plug it in half way between my modem and bedroom (where i had 1 bar at best) and my pc picked it up straight away... I the. Found in the instructions that i had to enter in a http/ address and that brought up a menue which all i needed to do was enter in my WiFi password... Now i have 5 bars in my room and all over the house... Having a bit of trouble with my xbox but that is at the complete opposite side of the house.. Im a happy camper anyway! Highly recommended!

1.0 out of 5 stars Just does not work, 19 Feb 2014
I am computer literate but it simply refused to connect to any PC to set up using any of the documented methods. It says connected to PC on wi fi and ethernet but entering the indicated IP address comes back with 'cannot connect'. I tried iPad, iPhone, Mac Air, a HP netbook running windows, an old PC running XP. All showed connected but all failed when input the IP address to enter the setup. Even the reliable WPS failed.

After a 4 hours of trying I have given up and asked to return it. Oh and delivery took 4 weeks.

2.0 out of 5 stars instructions let this product down, 16 Feb 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Value for Money, 2 Jan 2014
Had this since 31st Dec 2013, what a great buy. So far its doing its job and im getting 17 MB download speed 2MB upload Using Virgin media HUB via Ethernet.

Using Ethernet port and wifi range extendar and its working well.

Web interface to configure device is nice and simple to use.

one of the best products i've purchased online.

Used Amazon Prime service and arrived next day late afternoon.

3.0 out of 5 stars It works well enough but the set-up instructions supplied are useless., 21 Jan 2014
I have got the thing working now, and it does work, but following the set -up instructions to the letter got me nowhere. In the end I managed to find someone on the internet that had a better knowledge of networks than me and followed their advice.

As I say it does work but be prepared to waste a fair bit of time getting it set up.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Value, 20 Dec 2013
Steve Morris "VogHos" (UK) - See all my reviews
Due the the construction of my house I need extenders/repeaters to be able to receive WiFi in all areas, initially bought this product as a stop gap and not expecting much due to very low price, but was I wrong and surprised this product performs extremely well, as good as other repeaters costing double or treble. Needless to say this stop gap has now been upgraded to the main wi-fi repeater for my first floor and the kit works well with my BT Hub3.

Only one little niggle; on set up did not automatically connect to my router wirelessly so I had to connect to PC to undertake the set up, but the process was very quick and simple and since this time this bit of kit has not put a foot wrong; so don't let this put you off purchasing, highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Connect your YouView box via wi-fi, 28 Aug 2013
Southville (Bristol, England) - See all my reviews
I recently got a second YouView box which is in a room to far way from my wi-fi router to connect with a LAN cable.

This item was a cheap and easy way to get access to the on-demand content.

The instructions could be better, but after a couple of minutes of swearing at it I realised what I was doing wrong and got it working.

The performance and speed are fine, allowing me to watch the HD programmes from the BBC iPlayer with no buffering.

The repeater also came with a short LAN cable so it includes everything you need to get your set top streaming device connected.

4.0 out of 5 stars works how it should, 13 April 2014
Was waiting for it for ages!!! Not so obvious how to set it up, but did it on my old laptop (lucky to have it as it does not work on tablet). But since then, no problem. Highly recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the box, 4 April 2014
I would recommend this product, which is neat in appearance and unobtrusive, to those who are prepatred to grapple with the installation and software

1.0 out of 5 stars Slower than a snail, 27 Mar 2014
David Bell "Dave" (Gosport, UK) - See all my reviews
Not as easy to set up as you might think, to start with it was set to WEP wireless security by default so I couldn't connect with my WPA router.
Once I had gained access to the repeaters control panel I could then change the setting to WPA, I then managed to connect to the internet with a 5 bar signal only to find it to be so slow that I had to give up using it.
If you follow the instructions and your router is using WPA security you will not be able to connect to it until you log into the control panel using your browser and the ip address supplied then you can change the security settings, but like I said mine was slower than the old 56k dial up, it took google home page about 5 minutes to load.

ARRAY(0xb13b69c0)