on 25 October 2013
This is a really useful product for teaching. Like many teachers, I suffer with voice loss! This has been an excellent purchase & saves my voice, less fatigue. It was delivered promptly & seems good quality. The unit is easy to charge up & batteries seem to last a long time ( it hasn't run out of charge during lessons anyway!) it takes a while to get used to the microphone headset, but the microphone is flexible & can be moved away from your mouth when you don't want to project your voice. Unfortunately, this unit did not work with a small clip- on microphone ( I would certainly have given it 5 stars) as the microphone has to be within 1cm of your mouth. Do not be put off by this, as you do get used to it! Overall, I think this was very good value for money & certainly a good investment for me. I compared it with a similar (more expensive) product in school & sound quality was similar. The only drawback is that the "speaker" has to be carried on your person (belt or similar)
on 18 December 2013
I purchased the Koolertron Portable Voice Amplifier recently for outside teaching use (horse riding instruction) and must say it works quite well, considering its low price. The only drawback is that the mike has to be very close to your mouth to work effectively. I thought this would be a problem, but I quickly got used to positioning it in the right position, and found it stays in position quite well. It's the only low-cost amplifier I found that pumped out 20w - and that's good enough for most of the work I do, and good value for money. It would be good if Koolertron could also offer an additional mike that didn't have to be so close to the mouth to work, though.
on 11 March 2014
This product works very well in noisy areas though it has a childlike appearance it was suited to what we needed,
This product would be fine for noisy environments where you would have occasional touring visitors
on 24 March 2014
Bought the Koolertron as I was MC'ing for a quiz and wanted my voice to carry.
Did the job brilliantly.
Headset can be a little crackly but one you find the sweetspot for the audio jack its fine.
on 24 June 2014
Amplified described as 20 watts RMS. On using it seemed more like 3 watts max., so I looked inside.
The speaker was only rated at 10 watts max. The amplifier was a single chip whose data sheet rated it at 2.5 watts max.
The advertised specification is totally misleading and untrue.
20 watts RMS is a 'mean' power level, so they can't even claim that they meant peak power.
Returned immediately.
The description should be changed before someone else wastes their time.
I have no idea how they managed to get good reviews.
on 17 May 2014
I play guitar and sing in our local pub and when it gets busy I have a lot of trouble getting heard (maybe that's a good thing). I used this last night for the first time and it worked brilliantly. Money very well spent.
on 2 May 2014
This unit out performs my small PA.
After a very short time one completely forgets that you are using
voice assistance.
on 6 August 2014
fast delivery, exactly as seen great for the occasion. great value for money
on 14 September 2014
It's ok but has a distorted sound when using, not as clear as I was hoping.
on 19 September 2014
wouldn't charge up. instruction in poor english

See one answered question