on 12 November 2014
This box does what it says and switches quick between the two sources. A review stated that the box was locked to a low resolution which is the case but all you have to do is go into your computers graphics drivers (Amd intel nvidia etc) and change the resolution to the one you usually use. When i received this product my computer was locked to a 1600x1200 resolution when I am usually on a 1920x1080 so the box does work with any resolution. I am personally using this for my ps3 and pc on th same monitor ( ps3 running 720p to 1080p no problems and pc 1080p ) all round good box if you only have one monitor and have or a lack of inputs.
on 31 January 2014
The buttons work to switch from input A to B, but that's where the good news ends.

I'm not sure what resolution the output is, but it appears to be fixed at something far too low. It didn't display properly on my 24" monitor, so I had to return it. Now I just plug the VGA cable in directly from the laptop to the monitor and it works fine (as it did before) except I'm now back to unplugging one VGA device before using the cable in the other. If you're looking at this product you'll be aware what a "first world problems" type of trivial annoyance this is.
on 19 May 2014
This is a simple switch for via signals. It allows me to switch one monitor between two computer feeds. Works fine.
on 14 May 2014
Seems well made and works well, if a bit light. It's a simple, mechanical (nonelectrical) switch I think, so I wouldn't have anticipated the resizing problems others have had. I always set the switch before turning either the PC or the monitor on. That seems to work.
on 6 April 2014
As another buyer pointed out, as long as you don't mind trying out different resolutions until one works best, which would usually involve disconnecting / reconnecting / rebooting / changing resolution / disconnecting / reconnecting / rebooting etc. then this product works brilliantly! In other words, if you simply plug in and try you may experience "blank screen" depending on your TV/MONITOR until you set a resolution that is compatible. This said, once set up right it never needs messing with again. Very happy with the end result.

October 4th:

Six-months on and I'm starting to get "pink screen" issues. I can usually fix by pressing button "A" and then back to "B", but perhaps the switch is wearing out already as it only started doing this a few weeks ago.....
on 6 February 2014
I suppose the maths are obvious - divide something in two and you get 50% of the original quality on each channel.
Not what I was expecting though, having used a splitter before - albeit a more expensive one.
on 13 December 2013
Works perfectly but screen resolution default to a horrible large size - great if you are visually impaired but useless otherwise as you cannot change the screen resolution to something more normal.
on 7 March 2014
did the job it was/is required to do not a lot of other things to say.
Arrived before it was expected great service works a treat thanks
on 25 December 2013
i assumed this was a cold mechanical switch, no electronics… but for some reason it wont allow 1280 by 800 res, instead doing 1280 by 768.. it does most resolutions so i am forced to assume its the dreaded HDCP handshake issue, that is to say the handshake between devices which agrees a resolution to use, ie tv tells dvd its res and dvd tells tv yes i can do that or this is the nearest etc etc….anyway device itself is sturdy and more elegant looking than the pics suggest,
on 4 November 2014
For what is basically a junction box, I expected no problems, but on setting it up for two PCs to share one monitor, neither of the computers produced a signal. I'm not even bothering to send it back, since even though postage may be refundable it isn't worth me wasting paper and Sellotape on it. Cheap and uselsess.

See one answered question