on 31 January 2014
Airey Neave has long been a hero of mine, and reading this book recently has reminded me why. He was the MP for my home town of Abingdon when I was growing up, and was well thought of by every one I knew. I would heartily recommend this book to anyone interested in WWII, Colditz and The Nurenburg Trials
on 7 June 2015
An understated story of incredible heroism, one of the few to escape from Colditz and make a "home run" he ended the war helping try the leading Nazi war criminals at Nuremburg.

The IRA killed this gallant man in cold blood in 1979 in the House of Commons where he had become an MP.
on 20 October 2013
The author was a brave and committed man drawn into WW2 at its start and survived capture and several escapes to
go back to he colours and his is his biographical account. He became a member of parliament and was murdered in
the area of The Houses of Parliament when his car was blown up.
on 5 November 2014
Quite a good read and reasonably well written.The escape section of the book is standard material while the Nuremberg War Crime trials is something worth reading.Mr Neave incorporates each section as the story proceeds which creates interest. Try it you will not be disappointed.
on 8 February 2014
Obviously the product of a privileged background, this is reflected somewhat in his writing and interactions with the "working and middle classes" of all nationalities but this is a very good account of the wartime exploits of a very brave and determined man.
on 1 February 2014
The author like so many Britons of his generation was a hero who deserved better than to be murdered by Irish criminal thugs. His story of escape, capture and eventual successful escape from the alleged ultra secure Colditz is extremely interesting.
on 11 July 2014
Interesting stuff. Airey Neave lead a real "boys own" life. Anyone who likes the WWII escape stories should read this. Made more interesting for me that he stayed in a safe house in the village I live in, Port Vendres in south of France.
on 1 March 2014
Very good and interesting book , for a man to go through so much ay the hands of the nazi's and gestapo , see them brought to justice and contribute with that to be murdered by a cowardly act of terrorism by faceless people who are now in charge!!
on 27 February 2014
Initially I thought it might be written in an old fashioned style but allowing for the odd word e.g. gay it isn't. Good description and tension in the action made me want to turn the page. I particularly liked the irony of the changing time line.
on 15 April 2014
I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book, from capture, imprisonment, escape and the famous trials were so well described, one felt I was actually there,
Full marks to Airey Neave for sharing these experiences with us.
Kenny "S"