on 15 January 2014
I bought this for college and university last year; I wanted a roomy bag that could hold my textbooks and that wouldn't look out of place outside of lessons and I got it.
I love the high quality stitching, zip and material that you know isn't going to fail mid way through the school day. Also, the strap for keys is handy as I can just tug on it to pull my keys out instead of digging around to find them.
There's a big zipped pocket and a small one on the other side which is perfect for putting makeup and little bits in the small one and my kobo and entertainment stuff in the big one.
The outside pockets can be a bit difficult to close when they're full as they're those magnetic poppet thingies but they're really handy for things you want to handy.
It's a lovely, durable bag and the perfect size for anything; I've even used it as a gym bag :-)
on 1 December 2013
If you don`t like big bags then don`t buy this one. If you like to carry your whole world in a bag then it could be the one for you. It has a long detachable strap so you can wear it across body. It would be good for students or as a piece of small hand luggage and ideal for Mums who have to carry everything but the kitchen sink.
on 21 January 2014
A brilliant purchase! As a teacher this is the ideal bag to carry A4 dary, iPad, pens, class set of books for marking. The handles are sturdy and even when full loaded it is not too heavy. Highly recommended.
on 29 January 2014
I have quite a few Kipling bags and love them all. This one I haven`t used yet as I going to use for my holiday in USA. Nice and big and can put all I need in it for flight
on 19 January 2014
I have got load of Kipling bags all different sizes this one is big and will hold plenty of things very happy with it
on 23 February 2014
it is a very big bag, and really suit for student. If you are a student, i think it is best choice for you~
on 23 February 2014
Bought this in black snake for my Sister, she already has similar bag but in Ink blue. She just loves this bag.She calls it her holiday bag as it meets all her needs.
The price was so good and fast delivery too.
on 24 April 2014
To be perfectly honest, what clinched this bag for me was the brilliant price! I'm assuming because it's mustard yellow, not many people would wish to be seem with such an 'uncool' colour.......for me it was brilliant. I was looking for a bag that I could use as a handbag when travelling on an aircraft, for use in general, for travelling around the country on trains etc. I needed the bag to able to hold my iPad, my Kindle, two pairs of glasses, keys (very handy key fob just inside bag), wallet, general junk etc. This bag swallowed all of this & it wasn't even beginning to look full!! Yes, the bag is big (as many have already stated in reviews on here), the 'across the body' strap is fabulous & I like to wear the bag very low on my hips....it does the job brilliantly. If I'm honest, before buying it, I read just about review on here & really did my homework.......so I knew exactly what I was I buying
The only slight (& I mean very very 'slight') negative point are the two pockets on the front. They 'do up' using magnetic fasteners & when the pockets are full, I'm not sure they would do up too securely. I feel they would've been better if they were zip fastened but it's only a minor thing as there's ample space inside the main bag to keep all my bits & bobs safe. I can easily fit my Kindle into one of the front pockets.
All in all, I love my new bag & now that my holiday is over, I am continuing to use this bag for every day use. Buy it, you know you want to!!!
on 9 March 2014
It's Kipling and it's fabulous. The colour is great. The organisation and pockets are up to the usual high Kipling standard. The main inside section is large enough for diaries, notebooks, magazines and lunch. Perfect bag for work or travel. It looks as good empty as it does full.
on 26 March 2014
My sixth kipling bag, as I "needed" one in port red (a gorgeous deep red colour that goes with almost everything).

Elise is a large bag, larger than the classic Defea, it can hold A LOT of things, and still does not look bulky at all. I use it when I run to classes all day, filled with books, snacks, water, sketchbook, umbrella, etc etc. The usual (for kipling owners) inside pockets for mobile phone, pen, key holder, zipped pocket are there, everything has its place and there is always room for more. The design is very smart (and smart as well) and I love the two outer pockets. I wear it cross body and it looks great, I just use the handles when it is too heavy (and it often gets too heavy, it can hold tons, that's a trap one can easily fall into).

To sum up, I love Elise, and I recommend it for the busy days, in order to avoid a second handbag, for gym, for a sleepover, etc.

Now...is it me or six kipling bags are just not enough?