5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect bag for anything!
I bought this for college and university last year; I wanted a roomy bag that could hold my textbooks and that wouldn't look out of place outside of lessons and I got it.
I love the high quality stitching, zip and material that you know isn't going to fail mid way through the school day. Also, the strap for keys is handy as I can just tug on it to pull my keys out...
Published 18 months ago by Violet binks

3.0 out of 5 stars Not my favourite Kipling bag
This is a good bag if you need to carry a lot of stuff and it looks well. However, the snap pockets at the front are really too big and don't fasten easily, unlike the Defea bag, which is velcro fastened. I have to make a conscious attempt to close these Elise ones carefully every time and this is fiddly. They don't hold small items snugly, not even my phone.
Published 13 months ago by B. Gibson

‹ Previous | 1 2 37 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars great bag, 7 May 2014
Love this bag. The colour is as described. The bag has huge amounts of space. I am able to put all my work gear into this one bag without needing to carry any other bag. It sits comfortably on the shoulder and does not feel heavy- even when full.

I would recommend this bag 100%.

5.0 out of 5 stars Kipling Elise Shoulder Bag, 24 April 2014
To be perfectly honest, what clinched this bag for me was the brilliant price! I'm assuming because it's mustard yellow, not many people would wish to be seem with such an 'uncool' colour.......for me it was brilliant. I was looking for a bag that I could use as a handbag when travelling on an aircraft, for use in general, for travelling around the country on trains etc. I needed the bag to able to hold my iPad, my Kindle, two pairs of glasses, keys (very handy key fob just inside bag), wallet, general junk etc. This bag swallowed all of this & it wasn't even beginning to look full!! Yes, the bag is big (as many have already stated in reviews on here), the 'across the body' strap is fabulous & I like to wear the bag very low on my hips....it does the job brilliantly. If I'm honest, before buying it, I read just about review on here & really did my homework.......so I knew exactly what I was I buying
The only slight (& I mean very very 'slight') negative point are the two pockets on the front. They 'do up' using magnetic fasteners & when the pockets are full, I'm not sure they would do up too securely. I feel they would've been better if they were zip fastened but it's only a minor thing as there's ample space inside the main bag to keep all my bits & bobs safe. I can easily fit my Kindle into one of the front pockets.
All in all, I love my new bag & now that my holiday is over, I am continuing to use this bag for every day use. Buy it, you know you want to!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brought as present, 10 April 2014
My sister loved this item, she want something to put her handbag in and take her lunch box to work on a daily bases.
Just the right size, I wasn't sure about the colour but she said it was great, not too light or dark for day to day use.

5.0 out of 5 stars Kipling score highly again!, 4 April 2014
Mrs. V. Bradley "bookaholic" (Kidderminster, Worcs., England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
Love the bag, love the colour. Yet another bag to add to my ever growing Kipling collection. I cannot fault the quality, and with Amazon the prices are always very competitive. Roomy, An ideal shopping tote or large bag for all the carry on essentials when going on holiday.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another winner from Kipling, 26 Mar. 2014
My sixth kipling bag, as I "needed" one in port red (a gorgeous deep red colour that goes with almost everything).

Elise is a large bag, larger than the classic Defea, it can hold A LOT of things, and still does not look bulky at all. I use it when I run to classes all day, filled with books, snacks, water, sketchbook, umbrella, etc etc. The usual (for kipling owners) inside pockets for mobile phone, pen, key holder, zipped pocket are there, everything has its place and there is always room for more. The design is very smart (and smart as well) and I love the two outer pockets. I wear it cross body and it looks great, I just use the handles when it is too heavy (and it often gets too heavy, it can hold tons, that's a trap one can easily fall into).

To sum up, I love Elise, and I recommend it for the busy days, in order to avoid a second handbag, for gym, for a sleepover, etc.

Now...is it me or six kipling bags are just not enough?

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than I expected, 3 Mar. 2014
I bought this bag at a very good price. And I am surprised to find that this bag is really good.
It is big enough and has many compartments. And it is fashionable as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Turned my mum into a kipling fan, 3 Mar. 2014
I bought this for my mum and she loves it. It is a great colour and she is able to fit several things into it. She says it deserves a 6 out of 5

4.0 out of 5 stars Bigger than you expect, 2 Mar. 2014
This bag is more of a large laptop bag than a handbag. Great for travelling though. Sturdy and a great colour with many separate compartments.

4.0 out of 5 stars The grey is actually grey, 12 Dec. 2013
I'm not sure why the grey bag is brown in the picture but when you receive the bag, it will be a nice shade of grey.

It looks sturdy, spacious and great to carry around when you want to fill your bag.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great bag for a teacher, 29 Dec. 2014
As a long-term Kipling fan, I bought this one while it was on special offer to use at work. I'm a secondary teacher and move between several rooms during my working day, carrying stationery, files and all sorts of other stuff with me. This is a great choice to hold heaps of things - although A4 folders make it impossible to zip the bag shut, its design means nothing's likely to fall out and the two internal zip pockets, plus the two outer ones with magnetic clasps, give plenty of space for personal and valuable items. It can take a ridiculous amount of stuff and, like all Kipling bags, comes out of a cool wash looking shiny and new for the start of next term! The handles are plenty long enough to go over a shoulder if you're also carrying an armload of books and the construction is rock solid.

This may not be the most stylish bag out there but it certainly does the job.

‹ Previous | 1 2 37 | Next ›