on 14 February 2014
Usually dont go for Kipling bags inless they've got a few outside pockets. I usually go for the Defea (must have at least about 8) Saw this on a lightning deal-Port Red. Went for it. Arrived the next day (Amazon Prime) The minute I opened it, I loved it. The colour, I loved (have a Uki in this colour) The carry handles on this bag, are different to the usual handles that u get in the Basic range. They're about a cm thick & are rope wise and are so comfortable to hold. They're is no leather on the handles-which I quite like because this is the first place to show signs of a well used bag. As mentioned in other reviews, a full depth section either side, of the main body of the bag-and NOT fastened with the dreaded velcro but magnetic fastner. This bag is 12 litres-Defea 11. Its a good sized bag. Only one pen holder, other usual Kipling pockets and key fob. This bag makes a welcome change because its stream lined and doesn't look bulky.Another style to add to my ever growing Kipling collection. Excellent delivery from Amazon Prime and DPD:)
0Comment42 of 42 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 24 January 2014
I ordered this not knowing if I would keep it as I usually hate shoulder bags due to handles always slipping off my very narrow shoulders, but I absolutely loved the style of the Bagsational. I chose the triangle print as I love the bold kipling colours and it is stunning and not as in your face as it looks!!. Firstly to the shoulder handles well I walk at least 4 miles to work 4 days a week and gave this a good trial first day, I had my lunch, work shoes, 2 cans of drink and the usual purse and make up and it was still light to carry and the handles did not slip once and there was no shifting the bag about into a comfier position. I normally take a backpack but I've used this for 2 weeks non stop now and I love it also been caught out in heavy rain and none of my things have got wet or even slightly damp!. Sorry the review is so long but just wanted to let people know that this big gorgeous bag is more than suitable for a tiny framed person like myself (4ft 11!!).
0Comment100 of 103 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 8 January 2015
This handbag is HUGE. I don't mean that in a bad way, but be under no illusions, this is a very large handbag.

I can put it next to my kipling backpack and they are of a similar size. The backpack is only a day pack, but it is still an indication of the size. When I'm carrying it on my shoulder, the base is on a level with my waist.

Unlike many kipling bags, this lacks the many little pockets the brand in known for. That again isn't a criticism, but just to let you know. If you like the micro organisation of other kipling bags (defea or fairfax for example), you might need another small bag inside this one to keep bits in.

The main section of the bag is secured with a chunky zip, and is very uncluttered. On one side are a few drop pockets for phone / pen / music player. On the other side is a purse pocket in which my new money purse looks small.

There are two other pockets on the bag, one on the front and one on the back. They are flat and are the same size as the bag itself. They are secured with a press stud.

The only difference on the outside between front and back, is that there is a small rubberised logo on the front. If you carry it on your left shoulder, you can have the zip closure in front of you, you just carry it backwards - nobody will know.

I really rather like this bag
on 9 April 2014
I ordered this bag feeling rather unsure of the colour. When it arrived I was pleasantly surprised, it's a lovely mustardy colour.

It's the perfect size, big but not too big for all my daily junk.

I've had so many compliments, it's the prefect bag for Spring/Summer and it was a good price here on Amazon compared to the actual Kipling shop.
on 28 July 2014
I received this bag on Saturday and put it through it's paces today. It took an umbrella, lightweight raincoat, bottle of water etc. if anything it was under-filled, but still it came up trumps as a shoulder bag. This bag was everything I bought it for. This is about my 12th Kipling bag and I do not buy them for their monkey attachments. This was stated as having a metal monkey. What I got was a small , cheap, plastic monkey. So small that it had a choking hazard warning for under-threes attached to it.
Sorry Kipling I took a star away for this.
on 13 April 2014
It came on time and packaged well. Practical bag and not too deep that you loose your stuff. Good size and colour goes with most things. This is a shoulder bag and at times I have a little trouble keeping it there - this could be my shoulder rather than the bag. Not sorry I bought it though!
This is very much my partner’s review; this is a good bag if you want one larger than the Kipling customary size. I was able to fit in A4 pads and my regular size iPad. It is good for travelling as all valuables and documents fit into it, as it is large and strong. It is great for flying as I was able to have everything I needed on the plane with me and not worry about things being in the overhead locker. The colour is very smart looking and goes with everything. It is a practical shape but it is best to also get a separate purse or bag for money/cards/small items so they are not lost at the bottom of the bag.

It has one main compartment, inside which there are the usual slip pockets for mobile phone, pens etc., as well as a zipped pocket if you want to put your purse somewhere extra safe. There is a fair bit of space here so if you are buying relatively small items, you will get a fair amount in here. If you like, Kipling because you like a bag with additional pockets and zipped sections, then this might be the one for you - More over if you are looking for a bag a bit bigger than a handbag to accompany you on a shopping, travel or work then this might just be the one.
on 17 December 2013
This bag was a little larger than expected, but I have found it great especially when you don't want to take a shopping bag,. I had it two days before discovering the two additional compartments, one either side of zip! Nice clean lines, not cluttered with additional pockets on outside of bag. BAGS of room inside. Love it!!
0Comment26 of 29 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 19 August 2014
This is the perfect bag for me, super shape, the usual Kipling smart but strong fabric, sits beautifully on my shoulder, spacious but with the usual internal pockets, two wonderful pockets on either side of the main compartment which are the full size of the bag and close with magnetic poppers AND amazing colours! Am afraid had to have two, the Cafe Latte, a very sophisticated neutral, and the Dazzling Yellow which is really a zingy yellowish lime green - fabulous!
on 14 February 2015
A good size for a day bag, plenty of room for essentials and expands for extras. I bought this for days out and holidays and yes I can fit the large camera in its padded case in the main compartment. Plenty of room for my purse in the zipped inside pocket and the 10 inch tablet fits nicely in the side with its case and is secure as I need to tip it to slide in or out due to the curve of the strap. Handles fit comfortably on my shoulder and the bag rests on my hip, I'm average height at five foot five.